|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity contributes to Mark Brian's feeling of responsibility to the Indians?
(a) Playing the organ in the church.
(b) Delivering gifts to the children in the villages.
(c) Caring for Calamity Bill.
(d) Repairing the Bishop's boat.
2. When Mark Brian feels his full commitment to the Indian community, his response is
(a) "No, my Lord."
(b) "Show me the way, my Lord."
(c) "I do, my Lord."
(d) "Yes, my Lord."
3. Peter wonders how long it will take the vicar to discover
(a) That Peter lives in the vicarage.
(b) That Peter lives in the cemetery.
(c) That Peter is the village carver.
(d) That Peter is the only white teacher.
4. On behalf of Calamity Bill, Mark Brian refuses
(a) The offer of a suit for his burial.
(b) The offer of help cremating the body.
(c) The offer of a coffin the loggers built.
(d) The offer of a ride from the hospital boat.
5. How does Mark describe the inanimate?
(a) Solid, stubborn, and indifferent.
(b) Remote, fearfull, and unreachable.
(c) Receptive, agreeable, and easygoing.
(d) Angry, vengeful, and dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news arrives from Keetah's sister, Mrs. Hudson's granddaughter?
2. During his travels with Jim, the river has always offered Mark
3. On his way back to the village, Mark hears the owl call his name, signaling
4. Who did Constable Pearson bring with him to the village?
5. Why are the elders concerned about the burial grounds?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)