|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark Brian try to prepare the school boys for?
(a) Living among strangers.
(b) Living in the Indian world.
(c) Living with women.
(d) Living in white society.
2. What is Calamity Bill known for?
(a) He once road into battle with Custer.
(b) He is said to hide in the bush and scare the women.
(c) He has a personal relationship with the Archbishop.
(d) He wears two sets of long underwear and only changes one.
3. Mark Brian believes that if a man were to vanish from this area
(a) He would never find his way home.
(b) He would become a ghost like the Indians.
(c) He would leave no trace of himself behind.
(d) He would have to leave a trail for others to find him.
4. The visitors cause Mark Brian to feel what about the world of the white man he has left behind?
(a) He feels he never belonged in it.
(b) He feels he no longer knows it, and is ashamed of it now.
(c) He feels he must go back and save it.
(d) He feels he has abandoned his people by leaving it.
5. As the weather turns colder, Mark and Jim face challenges with
(a) The organ.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the young man know about his illness?
2. How does Mark Brian approach the village of Kingcome?
3. Why is Keetah's family leaving the tribe to live in a deserted village?
4. With his new winter hat on, the new vicar looks like
5. Mark Brian sees himself as
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)