|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Keetah's family leaving the tribe to live in a deserted village?
(a) They are going to start their own tribe and traditions.
(b) They are ashamed that a family member will marry a white man.
(c) They are going to find a better life after selling a tribal mask.
(d) They are ashamed that a drunken family member sold a tribal mask.
2. Caleb felt himself an intruder when visiting
(a) Indians' homes.
(b) The vicarage.
(c) The boat.
(d) Deserted villages.
3. When Keetah returns, it is because
(a) She cannot find Gordon.
(b) She has been defeated by the white world.
(c) She chooses to return to the village.
(d) She has to ask for help from Gordon's relatives.
4. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The owl.
(c) The lamb.
(d) The grizzly bear.
5. What does Mark Brian try to prepare the school boys for?
(a) Living among strangers.
(b) Living in white society.
(c) Living in the Indian world.
(d) Living with women.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jim and Mark are out on the boat
2. How old is Jim Wallace?
3. What question does Mrs. Hudson ask Mark Brian as her family leaves the village in shame?
4. How does Jim know that the RCMP officer, Constable Pearson, will be young and hard?
5. On the river, Mark stops to help
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)