|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
(a) Because they must endure his presence on their land.
(b) Because they must teach him everything.
(c) Because they need salvation.
(d) Because they are so uncivilized.
2. How old is Jim Wallace?
3. The oolachon is
(a) The salmon.
(b) The blue whale.
(c) The river otter.
(d) The candlefish.
4. The female salmon they watch is too weak to fight
(a) The force of the stream.
(b) The other femaile salmon.
(c) The bears that hunt her.
(d) The male salmon.
5. What happens when the government forbade the Indian dance-potlatches?
(a) Many Indians were finally able to marry outside the tribe.
(b) Many Indians abandoned the tribe.
(c) Many great rituals were lost.
(d) Many Indians found pride in their rituals again.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman Keetah had lived with at school
2. Who has offered Mark Brian a great deal of advice and training?
3. The chief teaches Mark Brian to say
4. What is dumped into the the center of the stream by the villagers?
5. Jim Wallace wants the vicar to know that he is
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)