|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dumped into the the center of the stream by the villagers?
(a) Animal carcasses.
(c) Offerings to the gods.
2. According to Jim, Keetah does not say goodbye to anything in the village because
(a) She is too distraught to think clearly.
(b) She knows she will come back to it.
(c) She never wants to see it again.
(d) She knows it does not matter to her.
3. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
(a) The formal use of the word "you."
(b) The formal use of the word "we."
(c) Shaking hands.
(d) Speaking Kwakwala.
4. The Bishop believes the men of the village have offered to help Mark build the vicarage because
(a) He has proven worthy of them.
(b) He has suffered with them.
(c) He has promised to help them in return.
(d) He is too ill to build the vicarage.
5. Ironically, Sam's drinking causes
(a) His wife to leave him for another man.
(b) His wife to insist that he attend Alcholics Anonymous.
(c) HIs wife to insist that their daughter go to school.
(d) His wife to insist that their son go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bishop plans to send the young man to his hardest parish because
2. How do the Indians respond to Mark Brian's attempts to learn their language?
3. Who are the doctor and the Bishop discussing?
4. Why didn't the hunters discuss their plans aloud?
5. Who tells Mark the myth of the hamatsa?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)