|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark realizes he has come to rely on
2. According to the myth, the hamatsa is
(a) A cedar tree.
(b) A cannibal.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A white man.
3. What does Mark Brian try to prepare the school boys for?
(a) Living in the Indian world.
(b) Living in white society.
(c) Living among strangers.
(d) Living with women.
4. What does Mark Brian's sister feel when she sees him for the first time in months?
(a) Concern over his chosen profession.
(b) Concern over his changing lifestyle.
(c) Concern for his faith.
(d) Concern for his health.
5. Why didn't the hunters discuss their plans aloud?
(a) The animal spirits would conspire to harm the hunters.
(b) The women of the tribe would try to hunt the game first.
(c) The warrior spirits would try to trick the game into hiding.
(d) The animal spirits would hear, and the game would hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. The elders now believe
2. What does Peter claim causes this new feeling among the villagers?
3. Mark compares Caleb's role among the Indians to that of
4. Mark and Jim share a picnic with
5. Keetah wants to bear Gordon's child so that
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)