|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam plans to ask the vicar
(a) For counsel about his daughter.
(b) For a job.
(c) For liquor.
(d) For a loan.
2. Jim describes his people through several
(b) Lengthy historical discussions.
(d) Legends and stories.
3. Jim Wallace wants the vicar to know that he is
(a) Employed by the church.
(b) The only Indian in the village who is not free.
(c) Not willing to be friends with a white man.
(d) Free in the village.
4. What observation does T. P. Wallace make about Mark Brian?
(a) He constantly said "we" when he meant "I."
(b) He was encouraging the Indian sons to leave the tribe.
(c) He respected the Indians' customs.
(d) He did not seem to understand the accepted customs.
5. What do Jim and Mark witness on the river?
(a) They witness dolphins swimming to the ocean.
(b) They witness a murder.
(c) They witness a lunar eclipse.
(d) They witness a run of salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
2. The Bishop plans to
3. Who are Mark Brian's first friends in the village?
4. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
5. What arrived at the village in November?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)