|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has offered Mark Brian a great deal of advice and training?
(b) Caleb, the old canon.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
2. What does Mark Brian do when the Bishop offers to send a new vicarage?
(a) He asks for a new church instead.
(b) He refuses the offer.
(c) He asks to leave the island instead.
(d) He gladly accepts the offer.
3. What arrived at the village in November?
(a) The hospital ship.
(b) The government ship.
(c) The navy ship.
(d) The army ship.
4. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(b) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
(c) Because he is Catholic like she is.
(d) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
5. When Mark Brian sees the tribe approaching the church single file, he is reminded of
(a) Their travel up the river.
(b) Their oppression by the white man.
(c) Their travel from the mountains to the Bering Sea.
(d) Their duty to him as their vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the painting of Christ,
2. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
3. Where is the novel set?
4. What is dumped into the the center of the stream by the villagers?
5. What new feeling is Mark experiencing in the village?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)