|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
(b) Because he is Catholic like she is.
(c) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(d) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
2. Mark Brian sees himself as
(a) A brave explorer of a new world.
(b) A fearless conqueror.
(c) A guest in the Indians' house.
(d) An interloper on Indian territory.
3. Mark and Jim share a picnic with
(a) Keetah and Marta.
(b) Chief Eddy and Gordon.
(c) Sam and Ellie.
(d) The teacher.
4. What happens to the salmon, or swimmer, at the end of his journey?
(a) He chooses a mate.
(b) He dies.
(c) He waits for his eggs to hatch.
(d) He returns to the ocean.
5. With his new winter hat on, the new vicar looks like
(a) An egg.
(b) A bank robber.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is T.P. Wallace?
2. What arrived at the village in November?
3. What large item do Mark and Jim have to transport on the boat?
4. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
5. What is the Indian name of the village where Mark Brian is sent?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)