|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young man will be sent to Kingcome to
(a) Quell any Indian rebellions.
(b) Patrol the Indian villages.
(c) Convert the Indians to Catholicism.
(d) Win the Indians trust for political reasons.
2. Why is the Indian woman wailing outside the vicarage?
(a) She is afraid of Mark Brian.
(b) She claims to have seen ghosts.
(c) She is afraid of the new Indian Affairs agent.
(d) She is a professional mourner.
3. Which of Constable Pearson's actions makes the Indians hold in their laughter?
(a) He is physically sick at the sight of the dead body.
(b) He cannot find the dead body.
(c) He is physically sick after he eats a meal with the tribe.
(d) He cannot find his way around the village.
4. Ellie is
(a) The young daughter of Peter, the poorest man in the village.
(b) The young daughter of Sam, the white school teacher.
(c) The young daughter of Sam, the poorest man in the village.
(d) The young daughter of Jim Wallace.
5. What small revenge does Mrs. Hudson have on the white man?
(a) She serves them wild goose.
(b) She refuses to speak English to them.
(c) She serves them mashed turnips.
(d) She knits them itchy hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is T.P. Wallace?
2. Why aren't the local deer afraid of guns?
3. Who has offered Mark Brian a great deal of advice and training?
4. Why did the white teacher choose to come to the village?
5. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)