|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
(a) The grizzly bear.
(b) The lamb.
(c) The owl.
(d) The eagle.
2. Why does Jim plan to get drunk after the funeral?
(a) Because the dead boy was his relative.
(b) Because he does not like the new vicar.
(c) Because the Indians are dying out.
(d) Because he feels responsible for the boy's death.
3. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
(a) Because they must teach him everything.
(b) Because they need salvation.
(c) Because they are so uncivilized.
(d) Because they must endure his presence on their land.
4. Which of Constable Pearson's actions makes the Indians hold in their laughter?
(a) He is physically sick at the sight of the dead body.
(b) He cannot find the dead body.
(c) He is physically sick after he eats a meal with the tribe.
(d) He cannot find his way around the village.
5. Jim Wallace wants the vicar to know that he is
(a) Not willing to be friends with a white man.
(b) The only Indian in the village who is not free.
(c) Free in the village.
(d) Employed by the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Keetah is
2. What distinguishes Marta Stephens as very old?
3. Though cautious, Jim
4. In Kwakwala, there is no word for
5. When the men deliver the organ to the church
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)