|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim plan to get drunk after the funeral?
(a) Because he does not like the new vicar.
(b) Because he feels responsible for the boy's death.
(c) Because the Indians are dying out.
(d) Because the dead boy was his relative.
2. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because he is Catholic like she is.
(b) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(c) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
(d) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
3. Who is T.P. Wallace?
(a) The elder and orator of the tribe.
(b) The new constable.
(c) The chief of the tribe.
(d) Jim Wallace's wife.
4. What fact associates Mark Brian with "the swimmer?"
(a) He wants to keep moving up the river.
(b) He has a twin sister.
(c) He loves fishing.
(d) He is an excellent swimmer.
5. Who has offered Mark Brian a great deal of advice and training?
(b) Caleb, the old canon.
(c) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Craven often describes the Indians' eyes and faces as
2. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
3. In Kwakwala, there is no word for
4. Mark discovers he has no talent for
5. Jim describes his people through several
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)