|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Mark witness on the river?
(a) They witness a lunar eclipse.
(b) They witness a run of salmon.
(c) They witness a murder.
(d) They witness dolphins swimming to the ocean.
2. How does Mark Brian approach the village of Kingcome?
(a) On a hydro-plane.
(b) On a forty-foot boat.
(c) On a rowboat.
(d) On a forty-foot raft.
3. What fact associates Mark Brian with "the swimmer?"
(a) He has a twin sister.
(b) He wants to keep moving up the river.
(c) He is an excellent swimmer.
(d) He loves fishing.
4. How does Jim know that the RCMP officer, Constable Pearson, will be young and hard?
(a) He claims the Indians always know who is coming before they arrive.
(b) He claims the RCMP officers are always young and hard.
(c) He claims an older man would not wait ten days to come investigate a child's death.
(d) He claims the older man who last held the office was hard.
5. Mark Brian will have to work closely with an agent from
(a) The Indian Affairs Department.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The Internal Revenue Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Keetah is
2. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
3. Mark Brian believes the swimmer's fate is
4. Who invited Mark to go hunting?
5. Who or what follows Jim and Mark back to the camp?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)