|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
(b) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(c) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
(d) Because he is Catholic like she is.
2. Mark Brian succeeds where the doctor failed to
(a) Pull Peter's tooth.
(b) Pull Ethel's tooth.
(c) Pull Sam's tooth.
(d) Pull Marta's tooth.
3. Mark asks Jim to show him
(a) The best place to fish for salmon.
(b) The village salmon festival.
(c) The end of the salmon run.
(d) The end of the river.
4. Craven often describes the Indians' eyes and faces as
5. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Constable Pearson's actions makes the Indians hold in their laughter?
2. The oolachon is
3. What does Mark Brian discover about himself at the start of the chapter?
4. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
5. Mark Brian believes the swimmer's fate is
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)