|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the salmon, or swimmer, at the end of his journey?
(a) He waits for his eggs to hatch.
(b) He returns to the ocean.
(c) He chooses a mate.
(d) He dies.
2. Mark asks Jim to show him
(a) The village salmon festival.
(b) The end of the salmon run.
(c) The best place to fish for salmon.
(d) The end of the river.
3. Though cautious, Jim
(a) Immediately befriends the vicar.
(b) Abandons hope for the new vicar.
(c) Rebuilds the vicarage.
(d) Continues to serve the vicar well.
4. What does Mark Brian do that captures Jim's attention?
(a) He recites an Indian prayer.
(b) He shrieks in fear.
(c) He tries to catch the salmon.
(d) He recites a sermon.
5. What is true of both the swimmer and Mark Brian?
(a) They are both doomed to complete their task and die.
(b) They are both unclear about their purpose.
(c) They are both outcasts of society.
(d) They are both kinds of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity contributes to Mark Brian's feeling of responsibility to the Indians?
2. The female salmon they watch is too weak to fight
3. Who did Constable Pearson bring with him to the village?
4. What happened to Keetah's sister?
5. What is causing new conflict among the villagers?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)