|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Constable Pearson's actions makes the Indians hold in their laughter?
(a) He is physically sick at the sight of the dead body.
(b) He is physically sick after he eats a meal with the tribe.
(c) He cannot find his way around the village.
(d) He cannot find the dead body.
2. The visitors cause Mark Brian to feel what about the world of the white man he has left behind?
(a) He feels he no longer knows it, and is ashamed of it now.
(b) He feels he must go back and save it.
(c) He feels he never belonged in it.
(d) He feels he has abandoned his people by leaving it.
3. Jim is concerned about Keetah because
(a) She is worried about her sister.
(b) She is still engaged to Gordon.
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is very sick
4. When the men deliver the organ to the church
(a) It draws a crowd.
(b) It falls apart.
(c) It plays beautifully.
(d) It does not work.
5. Mark and Jim share a picnic with
(a) Keetah and Marta.
(b) Sam and Ellie.
(c) Chief Eddy and Gordon.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark asks Jim to show him
2. Who unexpectedly visits the village?
3. What does Mark Brian do that captures Jim's attention?
4. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
5. Before he travels to the village, Mark Brian
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)