|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Families gather at the end of the salmon run to
(a) Discuss tribal business.
(b) Celebrate the death of the salmon.
(c) Hold the salmon festival.
(d) Retell myths and smoke fish.
2. What happens to the salmon, or swimmer, at the end of his journey?
(a) He waits for his eggs to hatch.
(b) He returns to the ocean.
(c) He dies.
(d) He chooses a mate.
3. Caleb warns Mark that
(a) Soon the outside world will intrude upon the village and the tribe.
(b) Soon the outside world will forget the village.
(c) Soon the villagers will leave for the outside world.
(d) Soon the villagers will ask him to leave.
4. Whose death does Mark Brian experience in Chapter 11?
(a) Keetah's sister.
(b) Mrs. Hudson.
(d) Gordon's mother.
5. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because he is Catholic like she is.
(b) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(c) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
(d) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark finds himself tending for an orphaned
2. Mark compares Caleb's role among the Indians to that of
3. Though cautious, Jim
4. Mark Brian believes the swimmer's fate is
5. Who has returned to the village after their self-imposed exile?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)