|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season marks the start of Chapter 11?
2. Families gather at the end of the salmon run to
(a) Retell myths and smoke fish.
(b) Celebrate the death of the salmon.
(c) Hold the salmon festival.
(d) Discuss tribal business.
3. What is true of both the swimmer and Mark Brian?
(a) They are both unclear about their purpose.
(b) They are both doomed to complete their task and die.
(c) They are both outcasts of society.
(d) They are both kinds of fish.
4. What do Jim and Mark witness on the river?
(a) They witness a run of salmon.
(b) They witness dolphins swimming to the ocean.
(c) They witness a murder.
(d) They witness a lunar eclipse.
5. Who surprises Mark with a visit?
(a) The white tourists.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Calamity Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has returned to the village after their self-imposed exile?
2. The female salmon they watch is too weak to fight
3. Mark and Jim share a picnic with
4. Mark finds himself tending for an orphaned
5. What did the villagers do to celebrate this "friend?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)