|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Mark Brian experience in Chapter 11?
(a) Keetah's sister.
(b) Gordon's mother.
(d) Mrs. Hudson.
2. The female salmon they watch is too weak to fight
(a) The male salmon.
(b) The force of the stream.
(c) The bears that hunt her.
(d) The other femaile salmon.
3. What tree has been a great "friend" to the Indians?
(a) The cedar tree.
(b) The elm tree.
(c) The oak tree.
(d) The pine tree.
4. Caleb warns Mark that
(a) Soon the outside world will forget the village.
(b) Soon the outside world will intrude upon the village and the tribe.
(c) Soon the villagers will leave for the outside world.
(d) Soon the villagers will ask him to leave.
5. Caleb felt himself an intruder when visiting
(a) The boat.
(b) The vicarage.
(c) Deserted villages.
(d) Indians' homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of both the swimmer and Mark Brian?
2. Mark compares Caleb's role among the Indians to that of
3. Who has returned to the village after their self-imposed exile?
4. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
5. Mark asks Jim to show him
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)