• The Bishop and a doctor discuss the young vicar's illness.
• The Bishop, learning the illness is serious, decides to send the vicar to his most difficult parish, Kingcome.
• The Bishop feels the young vicar should not know of his illness because it might interfere with his learning opportunities at Kingcome.
• Mark Brian, a newly ordained vicar, is on his way to his first post in a remote Indian village in the Pacific Northwest.
• Jim Wallace, a young Indian from one of the towns in the region, is returning home after a year working in a mill town and joins Mark in the journey.
• Jim indirectly begins to teach Mark about the native culture as well.
• Caleb, a former vicar, also provides gruff advice on dealing with the boat and the inhabitants of the area.
• Mark and Jim pick up an organ donated to the village as...
This section contains 2,698 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)