|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
2. What does Margaret pour John to drink?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
5. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Mr. Brush's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would Mr. Brush's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Gerstenberg use her turning points and why does she use them at those particular moments?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Gerstenbeg use so few settings? How does Gerstenberg create a world away from the few settings she uses? What colors and objects does Gerstenberg use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)