|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
2. What does Hetty say she will soon have?
3. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
4. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
5. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Margaret so jealous of Harriet? What problems does Margaret's jealousy cause?
Essay Topic 2
Gerstenberg gives three of her main characters alter ego's with names that she has abbreviated from his or her's full name. For example, Harriet becomes Hetty. Pick one of the following characters and his or her alter ego and examine what meaning his or her's name brings to the two sides of his or her's personality:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Gerstenberg's argument.
1. How does she introduce her ideas?
2. How does she construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Gerstenberg's argument?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)