|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
2. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
3. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
4. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
5. What does Margaret pour John to drink?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does John dislike his work at the gallery? How can John use his work to become a more successful painter? How important do you think it is for an artist to understand the business side of their work?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)