Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
2. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
3. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
4. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
5. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)