|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
2. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
3. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
4. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
5. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gerstenberg use her characters to express a life beyond the locations? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character?
Essay Topic 2
Why does John dislike his work at the gallery? How can John use his work to become a more successful painter? How important do you think it is for an artist to understand the business side of their work?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)