|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
2. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
3. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
4. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
5. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)