|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
2. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
3. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
4. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
5. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does John dislike his work at the gallery? How can John use his work to become a more successful painter? How important do you think it is for an artist to understand the business side of their work?
Essay Topic 2
What is William's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would William's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Gerstenberg's argument.
1. How does she introduce her ideas?
2. How does she construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Gerstenberg's argument?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)