|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
2. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
3. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
4. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
5. Who did John dream about the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Mr. Brush's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would Mr. Brush's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)