|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound brightens John's mood?
2. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
3. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
4. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
5. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Gerstenberg use her turning points and why does she use them at those particular moments?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is William's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would William's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)