|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
2. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
3. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
4. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
5. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gerstenberg use her characters to express a life beyond the locations? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Margaret so jealous of Harriet? What problems does Margaret's jealousy cause?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)