|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
2. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
3. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
4. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
5. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Gerstenbeg use so few settings? How does Gerstenberg create a world away from the few settings she uses? What colors and objects does Gerstenberg use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
In what way do the characters' alter egos represent their true selves? What do you think would happen if one of the characters spoke out how they truly felt? How difficult is it to be your true self.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)