|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
2. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
3. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
4. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
5. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mr. Brush's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would Mr. Brush's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)