|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
2. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
3. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
4. How does John react when Harriet cries?
5. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gerstenberg use her characters to express a life beyond the locations? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character?
Essay Topic 2
Why did William marry Harriet? How will the marriage affect both parties if they don't get out of it soon?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Gerstenbeg use so few settings? How does Gerstenberg create a world away from the few settings she uses? What colors and objects does Gerstenberg use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)