|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
2. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
3. What is the only thing Margaret has to cook for breakfast?
4. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
5. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)