Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
2. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
3. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
4. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
5. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
Why does Gerstenbeg use so few settings? How does Gerstenberg create a world away from the few settings she uses? What colors and objects does Gerstenberg use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Gerstenberg use her turning points and why does she use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)