|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
2. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
3. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
4. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
5. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme: 1. Setting 2. Point of view 3. Structure 4. Language
Essay Topic 2What is Mr. Brush's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would Mr. Brush's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
Essay Topic 3Why did William marry Harriet? How will the marriage affect both parties if they don't get out of it soon?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)