|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
2. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
3. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
4. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
5. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why does John dislike his work at the gallery? How can John use his work to become a more successful painter? How important do you think it is for an artist to understand the business side of their work?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)