|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
2. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
3. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
4. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
5. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
Essay Topic 1
Why did William marry Harriet? How will the marriage affect both parties if they don't get out of it soon?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In what way do the characters' alter egos represent their true selves? What do you think would happen if one of the characters spoke out how they truly felt? How difficult is it to be your true self.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)