|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
2. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
3. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
4. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
5. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gerstenberg use her characters to express a life beyond the locations? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)