|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
2. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
3. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
4. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
5. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mr. Brush's role in the play? Why does he not have an alter ego like the other main characters? How would Mr. Brush's role in the play change if he did have an alter ego?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)