|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Hetty's outfit?
2. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Adjust her pose.
(c) Touch her hair.
(d) Whisper in her ear.
3. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(b) Proper coffee.
4. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
(a) Read a novel.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Tend to the household accounts.
(d) Tend to her plants.
5. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
(b) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(c) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(d) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
2. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
3. How does John react when Harriet cries?
4. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
5. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)