|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can party.
(b) So they can buy a house.
(c) So they can travel.
(d) So they can eat.
2. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The dog's bark.
(c) Harriet's voice.
(d) The doorbell.
3. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(b) When they ran out of money.
(c) When John started painting full-time.
(d) When she stopped her job.
4. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
(a) If John has a spare set of keys.
(b) If they want to come to the shops with her.
(c) If they have any special requests for food.
(d) If John needs any paints.
5. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
(a) Hetty and John.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Hetty and Jack.
(d) Maggie and jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
2. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
3. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
4. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
5. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)