|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's occupation?
(a) A journalist.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A banker.
2. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her posture.
3. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(a) A science degree.
(b) A business degree.
(c) An art degree.
4. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of atmosphere.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Poor service.
(d) The feeling they don't fit in.
5. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The manager.
(d) The receptionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
2. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
3. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
4. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
5. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet stop William from buying the portrait?
2. How does John try to flatter William?
3. What does John tell Mr. Brush would help him paint better?
4. Why does Harriet want William to flatter Margaret?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
6. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
7. How does Margaret react when John complains about his coffee?
8. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
9. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
10. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)