|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Securing a table.
(b) Tipping the bellboy.
(c) Inviting their friends.
(d) Ordering before they arrived.
2. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To secure work for John.
(b) To find art space for John.
(c) To review John's work.
(d) To get a loan for John.
3. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) French toast.
(b) Cinnamon toast.
(c) Devil's toast.
(d) Fried toast.
4. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their lost love.
(b) Their childhoods.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their schooldays.
5. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William say his only desire is?
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
3. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
4. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
5. What is the name of John's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
2. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
3. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
4. How does Margaret react when John complains about his coffee?
5. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
6. How does William disappoint Harriet when he first meets Margaret?
7. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
8. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
9. How does Harriet try to avoid scandal from the situation between her, John and Margaret?
10. How does Harriet try to dissuade Harriet from buying her portrait?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)