|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
2. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Poor service.
(c) The feeling they don't fit in.
(d) Lack of atmosphere.
3. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(d) People's houses.
4. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Ordering before they arrived.
(b) Tipping the bellboy.
(c) Inviting their friends.
(d) Securing a table.
5. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) French toast.
(b) Devil's toast.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Fried toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
2. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
3. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
4. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
5. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hetty stay with John?
2. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
3. How does Margaret help John in the final section?
4. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
5. How does Harriet persuade Margaret to leave the apartment?
6. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
7. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
8. Why does Margaret say Harriet rejected the portrait?
9. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
10. Why does Margaret's job upset John?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)