|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her hairclips.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her makeup bag.
(d) Her notebook.
2. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Flatter John.
(b) Flatter Margaret.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Buy a painting from John.
3. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her posture.
(d) Her hands.
4. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
5. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(d) A drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
2. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
3. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
4. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
5. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William try but fail to please Harriet in the first act?
2. What does William tell John about his background?
3. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
4. Why does John say Harriet declined her portrait?
5. Why is Harriet married to William?
6. Why does John hate his job at the art gallery?
7. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
8. How does Margaret prove a problem as John paints Harriet?
9. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
10. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)