Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their childhoods.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their lost love.
2. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
3. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She looks after him.
(d) She is ambitious.
4. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
(a) By investing other people's money.
(b) By learning as he went along.
(c) By stepping on people.
(d) By buying and selling.
5. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Embracing her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Making jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
2. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
3. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
4. What is John's occupation?
5. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
2. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
3. How does William react when Harriet tells him her real feelings from him?
4. Why does John hate his job at the art gallery?
5. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
6. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
7. How does John try to flatter William?
8. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
9. How does Gesternberg symbolize John as a starving artist?
10. How does Margaret help John in the final section?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)