|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Film director.
(b) Singer songwriter.
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's sense of fun.
(b) Harriet's good side
(c) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(d) Harriet's evil side.
3. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
(a) John is rich.
(b) John is easy going.
(c) Her marriage is perfect.
(d) John is the perfect gentleman.
4. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
5. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(b) Give John a loan.
(c) Buy one of John's paintings.
(d) If Harriet still loves John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
2. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
3. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
4. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
5. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hetty say she is the one who has suffered in Harriet's marriage to William?
2. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
3. How does John try to flatter William?
4. How does Harriet stop William from buying the portrait?
5. How do John and Harriet and Jack and Hetty act when Margaret finally leaves them alone?
6. What happens when John moves towards Harriet?
7. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
8. How does Margaret prove a problem as John paints Harriet?
9. How does Margaret help John in the final section?
10. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)