|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
2. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(d) A drive.
3. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(b) Film director.
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The manager.
(c) The head waiter.
(d) The receptionist.
5. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(a) A business degree.
(c) An art degree.
(d) A science degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
2. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
3. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
4. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
5. What is the name of William's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harriet want William to flatter Margaret?
2. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
3. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
4. Why does Hetty say she is the one who has suffered in Harriet's marriage to William?
5. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
6. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
7. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
8. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
9. What advice does Mr. Bush give Margaret?
10. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)