|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They shake hands.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They turnaway.
(d) They embrace.
2. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their lost love.
(d) Their childhoods.
3. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Buy a painting from John.
(b) Order the best food.
(c) Flatter John.
(d) Flatter Margaret.
4. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(b) If Harriet still loves John.
(c) Buy one of John's paintings.
(d) Give John a loan.
5. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John's wife?
2. What does Harriet say her life is?
3. What does William say his only desire is?
4. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
5. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
2. Why does Harriet want William to flatter Margaret?
3. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
4. How do Harriet and Hetty's reactions differ when they see John?
5. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
6. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
7. How does Mr. Brush want to help John?
8. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
9. What does John make William see in the final chapter?
10. How does Harriet try to avoid scandal from the situation between her, John and Margaret?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)