|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(b) Ill humored.
(c) A fool.
(d) Money driven.
2. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Watching a film.
(b) Painting in his studio.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Reading in bed.
3. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants John to socialize.
(b) She wants to meet new people.
(c) She wants to talk business.
(d) They can't afford food.
4. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
5. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
2. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
3. How does John compliment Harriet?
4. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
5. What is the name of John's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John try to flatter William?
2. Why does Maggie think John is taking his time over Harriet's portrait?
3. How does Harriet try to avoid scandal from the situation between her, John and Margaret?
4. How does Margaret get her own way regarding Harriet?
5. How does Margaret react to seeing John and Harriet kissing?
6. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
7. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
8. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
9. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
10. How does Margaret prove a problem as John paints Harriet?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)