|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of William's wife?
2. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Fried toast.
(b) Cinnamon toast.
(c) Devil's toast.
(d) French toast.
3. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Painting in his studio.
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The bellboy.
(c) The head waiter.
(d) The manager.
5. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(c) Film director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
2. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
3. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
4. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
5. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
2. Why does William still want to pay John for his work?
3. Why is Margaret angry at John's attitude towards their marriage?
4. How does William disappoint Harriet when he first meets Margaret?
5. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
6. Why does Margaret say Harriet rejected the portrait?
7. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
8. How does William react when Harriet tells him her real feelings from him?
9. What do Maggie and Hetty both say they want?
10. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)