|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Leaving John.
(b) Fooling herself.
(c) Marrying William.
(d) Making John look a fool.
2. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(b) He comments on her beauty.
(c) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(d) He comments on her taste.
3. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
4. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A library.
(c) An art studio.
(d) A hotel.
5. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her novel.
(b) Her makeup bag.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her hairclips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
2. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
3. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harriet married to William?
2. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
3. How does Margaret help John in the final section?
4. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
5. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
6. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
7. How does William try but fail to please Harriet in the first act?
8. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
9. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
10. Why does Margaret stop John from eating the fruit in the bowl?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)