|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
3. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
4. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
5. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and William.
(b) William and Margaret.
(c) Harriet and Margaret.
(d) John and Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
2. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
3. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
4. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
5. What does Maggie represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
2. How does William try but fail to please Harriet in the first act?
3. How does John try to flatter William?
4. What does John make William see in the final chapter?
5. Why does John hate his job at the art gallery?
6. Why does Maggie think John is taking his time over Harriet's portrait?
7. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
8. How does Harriet persuade Margaret to leave the apartment?
9. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
10. What does the group think about as the orchestra plays?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)