|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A pair of earrings.
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's sense of fun.
(b) Harriet's evil side.
(c) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(d) Harriet's good side
3. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Taking her coat.
(c) Embracing her.
(d) Making jokes.
4. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They shake hands.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They turnaway.
5. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) The food is so bad.
(b) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
(c) Harriet married William.
(d) John married Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
2. Who does William attempt to bribe?
3. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
4. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
5. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
2. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
3. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
4. What advice does Mr. Bush give Margaret?
5. Why does John say Harriet declined her portrait?
6. How does Margaret get her own way regarding Harriet?
7. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
8. What does John make William see in the final chapter?
9. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
10. What do Margaret and Hetty vow to each other before they leave?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)