|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
2. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is ambitious.
(b) She is fun.
(c) She likes artists.
(d) She looks after him.
3. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
(a) John is the perfect gentleman.
(b) John is rich.
(c) John is easy going.
(d) Her marriage is perfect.
4. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her makeup bag.
(b) Her hairclips.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her novel.
5. What is John's occupation?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A writer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
2. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
3. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
4. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
5. What is the name of William's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William try but fail to please Harriet in the first act?
2. What does William tell John about his background?
3. What do Maggie and Hetty both say they want?
4. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
5. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
6. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
7. What happens when John moves towards Harriet?
8. How does Harriet try to dissuade Harriet from buying her portrait?
9. How does Margaret get her own way regarding Harriet?
10. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)