|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
2. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
3. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
4. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She likes artists.
(b) She looks after him.
(c) She is fun.
(d) She is ambitious.
5. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
2. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
3. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
4. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
5. How does John compliment Harriet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margaret and Hetty vow to each other before they leave?
2. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
3. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
4. Why does John hate his job at the art gallery?
5. What does William tell John about his background?
6. Why is Margaret angry at John's attitude towards their marriage?
7. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
8. Why does Hetty stay with John?
9. How does Margaret prove a problem as John paints Harriet?
10. Why is Harriet married to William?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)