|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
2. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's sense of fun.
(b) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(c) Harriet's good side
(d) Harriet's evil side.
4. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They shake hands.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They turnaway.
5. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She wants to socialize.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants to meet William.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
2. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
3. What is John's occupation?
4. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
5. Who does William attempt to bribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
2. What do Margaret and Hetty vow to each other before they leave?
3. How do John and Harriet and Jack and Hetty act when Margaret finally leaves them alone?
4. What does John make William see in the final chapter?
5. How does William react when Harriet tells him her real feelings from him?
6. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
7. What do Maggie and Hetty both say they want?
8. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
9. How does Mr. Brush persuade William to buy the portrait?
10. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)