|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) She wants John to socialize.
(c) She wants to talk business.
(d) They can't afford food.
2. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Buy a painting from John.
(b) Flatter John.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Flatter Margaret.
3. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
4. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They turnaway.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They shake hands.
5. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Her hairclips.
(c) Her novel.
(d) Her makeup bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
2. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
3. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
4. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
5. What does William say his only desire is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
2. What happens when John moves towards Harriet?
3. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
4. What does the group think about as the orchestra plays?
5. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
6. What does Harriet say to her alter ego, Hetty?
7. Why does Hetty stay with John?
8. Why does Margaret's job upset John?
9. Why does Margaret stop John from eating the fruit in the bowl?
10. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)