|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A police raid.
(d) The hotel orchestra.
2. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Making John look a fool.
(b) Marrying William.
(c) Leaving John.
(d) Fooling herself.
3. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) An art studio.
(b) A library.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
4. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) John married Margaret.
(b) The food is so bad.
(c) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
(d) Harriet married William.
5. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(b) Devil's toast.
(c) French toast.
(d) Fried toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
2. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
3. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
4. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
5. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret prove a problem as John paints Harriet?
2. How do Harriet and Hetty's reactions differ when they see John?
3. How does Mr. Brush want to help John?
4. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
5. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
6. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
7. What does John tell Mr. Brush would help him paint better?
8. How does Margaret get her own way regarding Harriet?
9. How does Harriet stop William from buying the portrait?
10. How does Mr. Brush persuade William to buy the portrait?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)