|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Order the best food.
(b) Flatter Margaret.
(c) Buy a painting from John.
(d) Flatter John.
2. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their lost love.
(c) Their childhoods.
(d) Their families.
3. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and Harriet.
(b) John and William.
(c) Harriet and Margaret.
(d) William and Margaret.
4. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
5. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
2. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
3. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
4. What does Harriet say her life is?
5. What is William Sterling's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
2. How does William disappoint Harriet when he first meets Margaret?
3. Why does Maggie think John is taking his time over Harriet's portrait?
4. What happens when John moves towards Harriet?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
6. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
7. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
8. Why is John angry at Margaret in Act 1?
9. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
10. Why does Margaret's job upset John?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)