|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To review John's work.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To secure work for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
2. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
3. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
(a) John is rich.
(b) Her marriage is perfect.
(c) John is easy going.
(d) John is the perfect gentleman.
4. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of loneliness.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of boredom.
(d) Out of spite.
5. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) William's shallowness.
(b) Harriet's shallowness.
(c) Harriet's real self.
(d) The nation's hypocrisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
2. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
4. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
5. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John say Harriet declined her portrait?
2. How does Mr. Brush want to help John?
3. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
4. How does Margaret react to seeing John and Harriet kissing?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
6. How does Mr. Brush persuade William to buy the portrait?
7. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
8. How does Harriet stop William from buying the portrait?
9. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
10. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)