|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's evil side.
(b) Margaret's ambitions.
(c) Margaret's innerself.
(d) Margaret's good side.
2. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
3. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
4. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(b) Film director.
5. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
2. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
4. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
5. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
2. What do Margaret and Hetty vow to each other before they leave?
3. Why does Hetty say she is the one who has suffered in Harriet's marriage to William?
4. Why does Margaret stop John from eating the fruit in the bowl?
5. How does Margaret react to seeing John and Harriet kissing?
6. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
7. What advice does Mr. Bush give Margaret?
8. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
9. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
10. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)