|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
(a) The end of the music.
(b) Harriet's indifference.
(c) Margaret's anger.
(d) The arrival of the waiter.
2. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of atmosphere.
(b) The feeling they don't fit in.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Poor service.
3. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) Margaret Caldwell.
(b) Harriet Banks.
(c) William Banks.
(d) John Caldwell.
4. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By ordering the best wine.
(b) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(c) By validating her love for him.
(d) By telling him he is handsome.
5. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
2. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
3. How does John compliment Harriet?
4. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
5. What s the setting of the opening act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
2. Why does William still want to pay John for his work?
3. Why is John's alter ego, Jack, in shock when he first appears?
4. Describe Maximillian.
5. How does William try but fail to please Harriet in the first act?
6. Why does Margaret's job upset John?
7. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
8. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
9. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
10. What does John tell Mr. Brush would help him paint better?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)