|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is ambitious.
(b) She looks after him.
(c) She is fun.
(d) She likes artists.
2. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To find art space for John.
(b) To review John's work.
(c) To get a loan for John.
(d) To secure work for John.
3. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
4. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
5. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) Harriet's shallowness.
(b) Harriet's real self.
(c) The nation's hypocrisy.
(d) William's shallowness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
2. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
3. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
4. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
5. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
2. How does John decide to proceed in his relationship with Harriet?
3. How does Mr. Brush persuade William to buy the portrait?
4. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
5. How does Harriet try to avoid scandal from the situation between her, John and Margaret?
6. What does Jack want to do as he admires Harriet's form?
7. What do Maggie and Hetty both say they want?
8. Why is Harriet married to William?
9. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
10. How do Margaret and John almost get caught up in their lies in the opening act?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)