|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
2. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of boredom.
3. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She wants to meet William.
(c) She wants to socialize.
(d) She is hungry.
4. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's evil side.
(b) Harriet's good side
(c) Harriet's sense of fun.
(d) Harriet's inner thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
2. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
3. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
4. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
5. What is William Sterling's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John act towards Margaret when Harriet leaves?
2. How do Harriet and Hetty's reactions differ when they see John?
3. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
4. Why is John's alter ego, Jack, in shock when he first appears?
5. What do Maggie and Hetty both say they want?
6. What does William tell John about his background?
7. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
8. Why does Margaret think John is lucky to have her as a wife?
9. What does the play's ending say about the chronological setting of the play?
10. Describe Maximillian.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)