|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
(a) Dedicates a song to Harriet.
(b) Takes a photograph of Harriet.
(c) Sketches Harriet.
(d) Flirts with Harriet.
2. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their childhoods.
(b) Their lost love.
(c) Their schooldays.
(d) Their families.
3. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
4. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(b) An art degree.
(c) A business degree.
(d) A science degree.
5. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Watching a film.
(b) Painting in his studio.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Reading in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
2. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
3. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
4. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
5. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William react when Harriet tells him her real feelings from him?
2. What advice does Mr. Bush give Margaret?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she represents?
4. How does William disappoint Harriet when he first meets Margaret?
5. Why does Margaret stop John from eating the fruit in the bowl?
6. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
7. Why does Margaret say Harriet rejected the portrait?
8. What moment in Act 2 suggests John and Margaret's marriage is in trouble?
9. Why does Hetty stay with John?
10. Why does John hate his job at the art gallery?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)