|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
2. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Leaving John.
(b) Making John look a fool.
(c) Marrying William.
(d) Fooling herself.
3. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
4. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
(a) Takes a photograph of Harriet.
(b) Flirts with Harriet.
(c) Sketches Harriet.
(d) Dedicates a song to Harriet.
5. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His manners.
(b) His money.
(c) His family.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
2. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
3. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
4. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
5. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margaret and Hetty vow to each other before they leave?
2. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
3. How do Margaret and William try to sell a portrait to William?
4. How does Harriet try to dissuade Harriet from buying her portrait?
5. How do Harriet and Hetty's reactions differ when they see John?
6. Why does John stop listening to Margaret?
7. Why does Margaret's job upset John?
8. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
9. Why is Hetty upset Harriet moves so close to William?
10. In what way is William's character the foil to the other characters?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)