|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of William's wife?
2. What is John's occupation?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A banker.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
3. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By telling him he is handsome.
(b) By validating her love for him.
(c) By ordering the best wine.
(d) By telling him she loved the flowers.
4. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Ordering before they arrived.
(b) Inviting their friends.
(c) Securing a table.
(d) Tipping the bellboy.
5. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
2. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
3. What is the name of John's wife?
4. What does Maggie represent?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does William still want to pay John for his work?
2. How does Margaret surprise John in the final act?
3. What problems do John and Margaret have in Act 2?
4. What does the group think about as the orchestra plays?
5. Why does John say Harriet declined her portrait?
6. How does Harriet try to dissuade Harriet from buying her portrait?
7. How does John react when Margaret asks him about Harriet?
8. What does the willow tree in John's portrait indicate to Harriet?
9. What do Margaret and Harriet's alter egos say to each other when they first meet in the opening scene?
10. How does Margaret defy Maggie at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)