|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
(a) Maggie and jack.
(b) Hetty and Jack.
(c) Hetty and John.
(d) John and Harriet.
2. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Scamble it.
(c) Poach it.
(d) Fry it.
3. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
4. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
5. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) An art exhibition.
(b) An art competition.
(c) A film casting.
(d) A new movie.
6. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) To feed the cat.
(b) So it looks like they have food in the home.
(c) It makes the house look pretty.
(d) As a reminder of what food is.
7. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
8. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
(a) Paint boxes.
(c) Paint cloths.
(d) Paint brushes.
9. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can travel.
(b) So they can buy a house.
(c) So they can party.
(d) So they can eat.
10. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too strong.
(b) It is too milky.
(c) It is too weak.
(d) It is too sweet.
11. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
(b) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(c) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(d) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
12. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
(a) Harriet's money.
(b) Harriet's man.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A social life.
13. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her pen.
14. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
15. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
2. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
3. What does John also use his apartment for?
4. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
5. What sound brightens John's mood?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)