|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
2. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He runs out of the room.
(c) He hands her a tissue.
(d) He embraces her.
3. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her own talents.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her purpose.
(d) Her unhappiness.
4. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
(a) Harriet's money.
(b) Harriet's man.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A social life.
5. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The dog's bark.
(b) The doorbell.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Harriet's voice.
6. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
(a) John and Harriet.
(b) Maggie and jack.
(c) Hetty and John.
(d) Hetty and Jack.
7. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
(a) Fry it.
(b) Boil it.
(c) Scamble it.
(d) Poach it.
8. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They shake hands.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They smile.
9. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
10. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
11. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she found a job.
(b) If she wore make up.
(c) If she stopped nagging.
(d) If she put butter on his roll.
12. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(d) Going back to their positions.
13. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When she stopped her job.
(b) When John started painting full-time.
(c) When they ran out of money.
(d) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
14. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
15. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
2. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
5. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)