|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(c) Going back to their positions.
2. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(b) When they ran out of money.
(c) When she stopped her job.
(d) When John started painting full-time.
3. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
4. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Spits at her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Snarls at her.
(d) Slaps her.
5. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her own talents.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her unhappiness.
(d) Her purpose.
6. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) An art studio.
(b) Harriet and William's apartment.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) John and Margaret's apartment.
7. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
8. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) Harriet's voice.
(b) The dog's bark.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The doorbell.
9. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
(b) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(c) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(d) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
10. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
11. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her form.
(b) Her ambition.
(c) Her passion.
(d) Her sexuality.
12. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
13. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
14. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
15. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
2. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
3. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
4. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
5. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)