|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(d) Going back to their positions.
2. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Adjust her pose.
(c) Whisper in her ear.
(d) Touch her hair.
3. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
4. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The dog's bark.
(b) Harriet's voice.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The doorbell.
5. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she found a job.
(b) If she put butter on his roll.
(c) If she wore make up.
(d) If she stopped nagging.
6. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
7. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
8. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
9. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can eat.
(b) So they can party.
(c) So they can travel.
(d) So they can buy a house.
10. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her purpose.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her own talents.
(d) Her unhappiness.
11. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A butler.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A nurse.
12. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her ambition.
(b) Her passion.
(c) Her sexuality.
(d) Her form.
13. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
(a) Being tired.
(b) Being late.
14. Who did John dream about the previous night?
15. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) A new television and new clothes.
(b) To fix their car.
(c) Paints and improving the studio.
(d) For a new extension to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
2. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
3. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
4. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
5. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)