|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too milky.
(b) It is too sweet.
(c) It is too weak.
(d) It is too strong.
2. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
3. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) It makes the house look pretty.
(b) As a reminder of what food is.
(c) To feed the cat.
(d) So it looks like they have food in the home.
4. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
(a) Giving John a bad mood.
(b) Not waking John.
(c) Spilling John's paints.
(d) Making weak coffee.
5. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
6. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(b) Proper coffee.
7. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The dog's bark.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Harriet's voice.
(d) The doorbell.
8. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
(a) Maggie and Hetty.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Jack and Hetty.
(d) Hetty and Harriet.
9. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can party.
(b) So they can eat.
(c) So they can buy a house.
(d) So they can travel.
10. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
11. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When she stopped her job.
(b) When John started painting full-time.
(c) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(d) When they ran out of money.
12. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
13. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her purpose.
(b) Her own talents.
(c) Her loneliness.
(d) Her unhappiness.
14. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Spits at her.
(d) Snarls at her.
15. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her pen.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
2. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
3. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
4. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
5. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)