|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
2. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) A film casting.
(b) An art competition.
(c) A new movie.
(d) An art exhibition.
3. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He runs out of the room.
(b) He hands her a tissue.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He embraces her.
4. What color is Harriet's outfit?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Purple and silver.
(c) Blue and green.
(d) Yellow and orange.
5. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The dog's bark.
(b) The doorbell.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Harriet's voice.
6. What does John also use his apartment for?
(b) Poker nights.
(c) An art studio.
(d) Business meetings.
7. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When she stopped her job.
(b) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(c) When they ran out of money.
(d) When John started painting full-time.
8. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) John and Margaret's apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An art studio.
(d) Harriet and William's apartment.
9. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too strong.
(b) It is too sweet.
(c) It is too weak.
(d) It is too milky.
10. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
11. What does Margaret pour John to drink?
12. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(b) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
(c) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(d) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
13. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) As a reminder of what food is.
(b) To feed the cat.
(c) So it looks like they have food in the home.
(d) It makes the house look pretty.
14. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Touch her hair.
(b) Adjust her pose.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Whisper in her ear.
15. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Pushes her away.
(b) Spits at her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Snarls at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
2. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
3. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
4. What does Hetty say she will soon have?
5. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)