|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty say she will soon have?
(b) A new car.
(c) A holiday.
2. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Harriet's voice.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The dog's bark.
3. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she wore make up.
(b) If she put butter on his roll.
(c) If she stopped nagging.
(d) If she found a job.
4. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(b) Proper coffee.
5. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
(a) If John needs any paints.
(b) If they have any special requests for food.
(c) If they want to come to the shops with her.
(d) If John has a spare set of keys.
6. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
7. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
(a) Spilling John's paints.
(b) Not waking John.
(c) Making weak coffee.
(d) Giving John a bad mood.
8. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) John and Margaret's apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An art studio.
(d) Harriet and William's apartment.
9. What does John complain about?
(a) Margaret's nagging.
(b) Margaret's appearance.
(c) His coffee.
(d) His egg.
10. What does John also use his apartment for?
(b) An art studio.
(c) Business meetings.
(d) Poker nights.
11. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can party.
(b) So they can travel.
(c) So they can buy a house.
(d) So they can eat.
12. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He hands her a tissue.
(d) He runs out of the room.
13. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
14. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
(b) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
(c) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(d) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
15. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They smile.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They embrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
2. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
3. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
4. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
5. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)