|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did John dream about the previous night?
2. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
(b) The emotional harm she has done to John.
(c) The emotional harm she has done to William.
(d) The lack of understanding she has for men.
3. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(b) When John started painting full-time.
(c) When they ran out of money.
(d) When she stopped her job.
4. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
(a) Blackmailing them.
(b) Having some wicked fun.
(c) Undermining Margaret.
(d) Stealing John.
5. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her passion.
(b) Her form.
(c) Her sexuality.
(d) Her ambition.
6. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) Paints and improving the studio.
(b) To fix their car.
(c) A new television and new clothes.
(d) For a new extension to the house.
7. What does John complain about?
(a) Margaret's appearance.
(b) His coffee.
(c) His egg.
(d) Margaret's nagging.
8. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can buy a house.
(b) So they can travel.
(c) So they can party.
(d) So they can eat.
9. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
10. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her pen.
(d) Her house.
11. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
(a) Spilling John's paints.
(b) Not waking John.
(c) Making weak coffee.
(d) Giving John a bad mood.
12. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(d) Proper coffee.
13. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
(a) Tend to her plants.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Read a novel.
(d) Tend to the household accounts.
14. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
(a) The house.
(b) Her family.
(d) Her finances.
15. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Hetty's outfit?
2. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
3. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
4. What sound brightens John's mood?
5. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)