|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her form.
(b) Her passion.
(c) Her sexuality.
(d) Her ambition.
2. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
(a) Poach it.
(b) Scamble it.
(c) Fry it.
(d) Boil it.
3. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) As a reminder of what food is.
(b) To feed the cat.
(c) It makes the house look pretty.
(d) So it looks like they have food in the home.
4. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They smile.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They shake hands.
5. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He runs out of the room.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He hands her a tissue.
6. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
(a) If they want to come to the shops with her.
(b) If John has a spare set of keys.
(c) If they have any special requests for food.
(d) If John needs any paints.
7. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her unhappiness.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her own talents.
(d) Her purpose.
8. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) An art competition.
(b) An art exhibition.
(c) A film casting.
(d) A new movie.
9. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Tend to the household accounts.
(c) Tend to her plants.
(d) Read a novel.
10. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
(a) Stealing John.
(b) Undermining Margaret.
(c) Having some wicked fun.
(d) Blackmailing them.
11. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she found a job.
(b) If she wore make up.
(c) If she put butter on his roll.
(d) If she stopped nagging.
12. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
(a) Go to the shop.
(b) Make a good cup of coffee.
(c) Ask William for more money.
(d) Resume her pose for the portrait.
13. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
14. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
15. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can party.
(b) So they can eat.
(c) So they can buy a house.
(d) So they can travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
2. What sound brightens John's mood?
3. What does Hetty say she will soon have?
4. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
5. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)