|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
(a) Scamble it.
(b) Boil it.
(c) Poach it.
(d) Fry it.
2. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
(a) Jack and Hetty.
(b) Maggie and Hetty.
(c) John and Harriet.
(d) Hetty and Harriet.
3. What is the only thing Margaret has to cook for breakfast?
(a) An egg.
(b) A sausage.
4. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Adjust her pose.
(b) Whisper in her ear.
(c) Touch her hair.
(d) Kiss her.
5. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
(a) William's recommendation letter.
(b) His painting of the village.
(c) Reading his book.
(d) Harriet's portrait.
6. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her form.
(b) Her sexuality.
(c) Her passion.
(d) Her ambition.
7. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
8. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
9. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Pushes her away.
(b) Spits at her.
(c) Snarls at her.
(d) Slaps her.
10. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
(a) If they have any special requests for food.
(b) If John has a spare set of keys.
(c) If they want to come to the shops with her.
(d) If John needs any paints.
11. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her finances.
(d) The house.
12. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
13. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
14. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
15. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(d) Going back to their positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
2. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
3. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
4. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
5. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)