|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she wore make up.
(b) If she found a job.
(c) If she put butter on his roll.
(d) If she stopped nagging.
2. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
(a) John's other artwork.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her portrait.
3. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her ambition.
(b) Her form.
(c) Her passion.
(d) Her sexuality.
4. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started painting full-time.
(b) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(c) When she stopped her job.
(d) When they ran out of money.
5. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
(a) His painting of the village.
(b) Harriet's portrait.
(c) Reading his book.
(d) William's recommendation letter.
6. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Scamble it.
(c) Poach it.
(d) Fry it.
7. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
8. What does John complain about?
(a) His coffee.
(b) His egg.
(c) Margaret's nagging.
(d) Margaret's appearance.
9. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too strong.
(b) It is too weak.
(c) It is too sweet.
(d) It is too milky.
10. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He runs out of the room.
(d) He hands her a tissue.
11. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) John and Margaret's apartment.
(c) An art studio.
(d) Harriet and William's apartment.
12. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
13. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
14. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(b) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
(c) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
(d) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
15. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(d) Proper coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
2. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
3. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
4. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
5. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)