|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
2. Who did John dream about the previous night?
3. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
(a) Her portrait.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) John's other artwork.
4. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
(a) Making weak coffee.
(b) Not waking John.
(c) Giving John a bad mood.
(d) Spilling John's paints.
5. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
(a) Janice Watercolor.
(b) David Dimple.
(c) Maximillian Brush.
(d) Frederick Ruby.
6. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
7. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
(a) Resume her pose for the portrait.
(b) Ask William for more money.
(c) Make a good cup of coffee.
(d) Go to the shop.
8. What does John also use his apartment for?
(a) Poker nights.
(b) Business meetings.
(c) An art studio.
9. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
10. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
(a) His painting of the village.
(b) William's recommendation letter.
(c) Reading his book.
(d) Harriet's portrait.
11. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
12. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
13. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
(a) If they want to come to the shops with her.
(b) If John needs any paints.
(c) If they have any special requests for food.
(d) If John has a spare set of keys.
14. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her purpose.
(b) Her unhappiness.
(c) Her own talents.
(d) Her loneliness.
15. What color is Harriet's outfit?
(a) Purple and silver.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Blue and green.
(d) Yellow and orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
2. What does Margaret accuse Harriet of trying to do?
3. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
4. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
5. What sound brightens John's mood?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)