|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They smile.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They kiss.
2. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
3. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
4. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) So it looks like they have food in the home.
(b) As a reminder of what food is.
(c) To feed the cat.
(d) It makes the house look pretty.
5. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Harriet and William's apartment.
(c) An art studio.
(d) John and Margaret's apartment.
6. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
7. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
8. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(c) Proper coffee.
9. Who remarks on the excitement of John and Harriet being close together?
(a) Hetty and Harriet.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Maggie and Hetty.
(d) Jack and Hetty.
10. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
(a) Ask William for more money.
(b) Resume her pose for the portrait.
(c) Make a good cup of coffee.
(d) Go to the shop.
11. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
(a) He is painting.
(b) He is listening to the radio.
(c) He is reading.
(d) He is sleeping.
12. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
(a) A social life.
(b) A good meal.
(c) Harriet's man.
(d) Harriet's money.
13. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her finances.
(d) The house.
14. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When they ran out of money.
(b) When she stopped her job.
(c) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(d) When John started painting full-time.
15. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her purpose.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her own talents.
(d) Her unhappiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
2. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
3. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
4. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
5. What do Jack and Hetty sense between John and Harriet?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)