|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can eat.
(b) So they can buy a house.
(c) So they can travel.
(d) So they can party.
2. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) An art exhibition.
(b) A new movie.
(c) An art competition.
(d) A film casting.
3. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Spits at her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Snarls at her.
4. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
5. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
(a) Her unhappiness.
(b) Her loneliness.
(c) Her purpose.
(d) Her own talents.
6. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
(a) Paint cloths.
(b) Paint boxes.
(c) Paint brushes.
7. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The lack of understanding she has for men.
(b) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
(c) The emotional harm she has done to John.
(d) The emotional harm she has done to William.
8. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(d) Proper coffee.
9. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A butler.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A bank manager.
10. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
11. What color is Hetty's outfit?
12. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
(a) Go to the shop.
(b) Make a good cup of coffee.
(c) Resume her pose for the portrait.
(d) Ask William for more money.
13. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) Paints and improving the studio.
(b) A new television and new clothes.
(c) To fix their car.
(d) For a new extension to the house.
14. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(d) Going back to their positions.
15. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
(a) Hetty and Jack.
(b) Hetty and John.
(c) John and Harriet.
(d) Maggie and jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
2. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
3. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
4. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
5. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)