|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
2. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too weak.
(b) It is too strong.
(c) It is too sweet.
(d) It is too milky.
3. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
4. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
(a) David Dimple.
(b) Frederick Ruby.
(c) Janice Watercolor.
(d) Maximillian Brush.
5. What color is Harriet's outfit?
(a) Purple and silver.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Red and black.
(d) Yellow and orange.
6. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Start an arguement.
(c) Make some food.
(d) Leave the apartment.
7. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she stopped nagging.
(b) If she put butter on his roll.
(c) If she found a job.
(d) If she wore make up.
8. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) An art exhibition.
(b) An art competition.
(c) A new movie.
(d) A film casting.
9. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
(c) Going back to their positions.
10. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
(a) He is reading.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is painting.
(d) He is listening to the radio.
11. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A butler.
12. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The lack of understanding she has for men.
(b) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
(c) The emotional harm she has done to William.
(d) The emotional harm she has done to John.
13. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The dog's bark.
(c) Harriet's voice.
(d) The telephone.
14. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Spits at her.
(b) Snarls at her.
(c) Pushes her away.
(d) Slaps her.
15. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He runs out of the room.
(b) He hands her a tissue.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He laughs at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
2. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
3. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
4. What does Maggie state she will soon have?
5. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)