|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) John and Margaret's apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Harriet and William's apartment.
(d) An art studio.
3. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A butler.
4. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) As a reminder of what food is.
(b) So it looks like they have food in the home.
(c) To feed the cat.
(d) It makes the house look pretty.
5. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They smile.
6. What sound brightens John's mood?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) Harriet's voice.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The dog's bark.
7. What is the only thing Margaret has to cook for breakfast?
(b) An egg.
(d) A sausage.
8. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
(a) William's arrival.
(b) An indoor picnic.
(c) The rest of the week.
(d) An outdoor picnic.
9. What doos Margaret pretend to tell the butler off for?
(a) Giving John a bad mood.
(b) Spilling John's paints.
(c) Making weak coffee.
(d) Not waking John.
10. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
11. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
12. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too weak.
(b) It is too sweet.
(c) It is too strong.
(d) It is too milky.
13. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she wore make up.
(b) If she stopped nagging.
(c) If she found a job.
(d) If she put butter on his roll.
14. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) An art exhibition.
(b) A new movie.
(c) A film casting.
(d) An art competition.
15. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
(a) Ask William for more money.
(b) Resume her pose for the portrait.
(c) Go to the shop.
(d) Make a good cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
2. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
3. What does John also use his apartment for?
4. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
5. What are Harriet and John doing when Margaret reenters the studio?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)