|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can travel.
(b) So they can eat.
(c) So they can buy a house.
(d) So they can party.
2. What does Margaret offer to get Harriet to drink?
3. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
(a) Being late.
(d) Being tired.
4. How does John react when Harriet cries?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He runs out of the room.
(c) He hands her a tissue.
(d) He embraces her.
5. What does Margaret stop John from eating?
6. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A bank manager.
(d) A butler.
7. What is the only thing Margaret has to cook for breakfast?
(b) A sausage.
(c) An egg.
8. What color is Harriet's outfit?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Yellow and orange.
(d) Purple and silver.
9. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(b) When she stopped her job.
(c) When John started painting full-time.
(d) When they ran out of money.
10. Who did John dream about the previous night?
11. What does Harriet offer Margaret to use?
(a) Her pen.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her house.
12. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Adjust her pose.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Whisper in her ear.
(d) Touch her hair.
13. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
14. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
15. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) For a new extension to the house.
(b) Paints and improving the studio.
(c) To fix their car.
(d) A new television and new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
2. What does Margaret offer to clean for Jack?
3. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
4. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
5. What does Margaret attempt to tell John about when he asks her to leave him alone?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)