|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
2. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(b) Proper coffee.
3. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she stopped nagging.
(b) If she found a job.
(c) If she put butter on his roll.
(d) If she wore make up.
4. Who did John dream about the previous night?
5. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The emotional harm she has done to William.
(b) The emotional harm she has done to John.
(c) The lack of understanding she has for men.
(d) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
6. What do Hettie and Jack wish Margaret would do?
(a) Start an arguement.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Make some food.
(d) Leave the apartment.
7. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) Paints and improving the studio.
(b) For a new extension to the house.
(c) To fix their car.
(d) A new television and new clothes.
8. What does John complain about?
(a) Margaret's nagging.
(b) His coffee.
(c) His egg.
(d) Margaret's appearance.
9. When does Margaret say she started to become lonely?
(a) When John started the portrait of Harriet.
(b) When John started painting full-time.
(c) When she stopped her job.
(d) When they ran out of money.
10. What meal is Margaret setting the table for?
11. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
(a) He is listening to the radio.
(b) He is reading.
(c) He is painting.
(d) He is sleeping.
12. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
(a) John's other artwork.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) Her portrait.
13. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
(a) The rest of the week.
(b) An indoor picnic.
(c) An outdoor picnic.
(d) William's arrival.
14. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They smile.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They shake hands.
15. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John interrupt the women to ask Harriet to do?
2. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
3. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
4. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
5. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)