|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty say she will soon have?
(b) A holiday.
(d) A new car.
2. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
(b) The lack of understanding she has for men.
(c) The emotional harm she has done to William.
(d) The emotional harm she has done to John.
3. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
(b) Her family.
(c) Her finances.
(d) The house.
4. Why does Margaret want to leave the fruit in the fruit bowl?
(a) As a reminder of what food is.
(b) So it looks like they have food in the home.
(c) To feed the cat.
(d) It makes the house look pretty.
5. What does John move closer to Harriet to do?
(a) Whisper in her ear.
(b) Touch her hair.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Adjust her pose.
6. What has Margaret spent William's advance money on?
(a) To fix their car.
(b) Paints and improving the studio.
(c) A new television and new clothes.
(d) For a new extension to the house.
7. What does Harriet look at when Margaret leaves for the second time?
(a) John's other artwork.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her portrait.
8. Who does Margaret declare is the only person who matters?
9. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
(a) A film casting.
(b) An art competition.
(c) An art exhibition.
(d) A new movie.
10. What does John complain about?
(a) Margaret's appearance.
(b) His coffee.
(c) His egg.
(d) Margaret's nagging.
11. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can party.
(b) So they can eat.
(c) So they can travel.
(d) So they can buy a house.
12. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) Harriet and William's apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An art studio.
(d) John and Margaret's apartment.
13. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A butler.
14. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
15. How does Maggie want Margaret to prepare the egg?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margaret decide to prepare the egg?
2. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
3. What sound brightens John's mood?
4. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
5. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)