|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
(a) Hetty and Jack.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Maggie and jack.
(d) Hetty and John.
2. What does John not like about his coffee?
(a) It is too sweet.
(b) It is too weak.
(c) It is too strong.
(d) It is too milky.
3. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A butler.
(d) A soldier.
4. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
(a) The rest of the week.
(b) William's arrival.
(c) An indoor picnic.
(d) An outdoor picnic.
5. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(c) Proper coffee.
6. What does Maggie want Margaret to start taking care of?
(a) Her finances.
(c) Her family.
(d) The house.
7. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
(a) Her form.
(b) Her passion.
(c) Her ambition.
(d) Her sexuality.
8. Why does Maggie want Margaret to get the money from the painting?
(a) So they can buy a house.
(b) So they can eat.
(c) So they can party.
(d) So they can travel.
9. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An art studio.
(c) Harriet and William's apartment.
(d) John and Margaret's apartment.
10. What does John do when Margaret tries to tend to him?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Spits at her.
(d) Snarls at her.
11. Who stands behind Margaret as she sets the table?
12. What does Margaret think John is deliberately doing?
(a) Comparing Margaret to Harriet.
(b) Painting Harrit's portrait badly.
(c) Drawing out time to complete Harriet's portrait.
(d) Getting rid of Margaret when Harriet is in the house.
13. What does John say would make him love Margaret even more?
(a) If she wore make up.
(b) If she put butter on his roll.
(c) If she stopped nagging.
(d) If she found a job.
14. What does Jack wish he could pay Harriet back for?
(a) The emotional harm she has done to John.
(b) The lack of understanding she has for men.
(c) The lack of lack understanding she has for other women.
(d) The emotional harm she has done to William.
15. What color is Hetty's outfit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John see advertised in the newspaper?
2. What sound brightens John's mood?
3. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
4. What does Margaret ask John if he will finish that day?
5. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)