|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margaret pretend she is talking to?
(a) A butler.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A bank manager.
(d) A soldier.
2. Why does John not hear Margaret when she tells him about her housekeeping skills?
(a) He is reading.
(b) He is listening to the radio.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is painting.
3. What does John also use his apartment for?
(a) Business meetings.
(b) An art studio.
(d) Poker nights.
4. Whose portrait does Margaret view?
5. How do Harriet and Margaret greet each other?
(a) They shake hands.
(b) They smile.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They kiss.
6. What does Harriet want Margaret to buy food for?
(a) An indoor picnic.
(b) William's arrival.
(c) An outdoor picnic.
(d) The rest of the week.
7. What color is Hetty's outfit?
8. What city does John remind Margaret they once shared a great breakfast?
9. What does Margaret pretend to do when she comes back with Harriet's water?
(a) Tend to her plants.
(b) Tend to the household accounts.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Read a novel.
10. What does Margaret tell John she could not afford?
(b) Proper coffee.
11. What does John ask Margaret to stop doing?
12. What does Harriet apologize to John for?
(b) Being tired.
(d) Being late.
13. Who does Margaret say she improved John's studio for?
14. What is the only thing Margaret has to cook for breakfast?
(b) An egg.
(c) A sausage.
15. Who guides Harriet into an alluring posture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the gallery John sees advertised in the newspaper?
2. Which two characters are filled with joy when Margaret leaves?
3. What does Margaret pretend to want to know when she surprisingly returns to the house?
4. What does Jack admire about Harriet?
5. Who does Maggie say is the only person John thinks about?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)