|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She looks after him.
(c) She is ambitious.
(d) She likes artists.
2. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pair of earrings.
3. What is the name of William's wife?
4. What is John's occupation?
(a) A banker.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A writer.
(d) An artist.
5. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
6. What is the name of John's wife?
7. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) Harriet and Margaret.
(b) William and Margaret.
(c) John and Harriet.
(d) John and William.
8. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She is hungry.
(c) She wants to meet William.
(d) She wants to socialize.
9. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Marrying William.
(b) Leaving John.
(c) Fooling herself.
(d) Making John look a fool.
10. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To secure work for John.
(b) To find art space for John.
(c) To get a loan for John.
(d) To review John's work.
11. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
(b) The food is so bad.
(c) Harriet married William.
(d) John married Margaret.
12. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Creates art.
(b) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(c) Suffers in silence.
(d) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
13. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Embracing her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Making jokes.
14. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(d) A drive.
15. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(d) Film director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
2. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
3. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
4. What does Harriet say her life is?
5. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)