|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(a) A science degree.
(b) An art degree.
(d) A business degree.
2. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Flatter Margaret.
(b) Buy a painting from John.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Flatter John.
3. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(a) A drive.
4. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(b) Singer songwriter.
(c) Film director.
5. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A necklace.
(d) A pair of earrings.
6. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
7. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) Margaret Caldwell.
(b) John Caldwell.
(c) Harriet Banks.
(d) William Banks.
8. What is the name of William's wife?
9. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Securing a table.
(b) Inviting their friends.
(c) Tipping the bellboy.
(d) Ordering before they arrived.
10. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
11. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To be liked.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To please Harriet.
(d) To become independent.
12. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(c) Harriet's sense of fun.
(d) Harriet's evil side.
13. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
14. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Painting in his studio.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Watching a film.
15. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To review John's work.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To secure work for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does William attempt to bribe?
2. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
3. What s the setting of the opening act?
4. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
5. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)