|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
2. What is the name of John's wife?
3. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) A necklace.
4. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) Give John a loan.
(b) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(c) If Harriet still loves John.
(d) Buy one of John's paintings.
5. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her posture.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her face.
6. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To be liked.
(b) To please Harriet.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To become independent.
7. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) The feeling they don't fit in.
(b) Lack of atmosphere.
(c) Poor service.
(d) Lack of money.
8. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
9. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
10. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to meet William.
(b) She wants to socialize.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants money.
11. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) The nation's hypocrisy.
(b) Harriet's real self.
(c) Harriet's shallowness.
(d) William's shallowness.
12. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(b) Fried toast.
(c) French toast.
(d) Devil's toast.
13. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
14. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's sense of fun.
(c) Harriet's evil side.
(d) Harriet's inner thoughts.
15. What does Harriet say her life is?
(a) A game.
(d) A lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
2. What does Maggie represent?
3. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
4. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
5. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)