|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Ordering before they arrived.
(b) Inviting their friends.
(c) Securing a table.
(d) Tipping the bellboy.
2. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
3. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
(a) Harriet's indifference.
(b) The arrival of the waiter.
(c) The end of the music.
(d) Margaret's anger.
4. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
5. What does Harriet say her life is?
(a) A game.
(c) A lie.
6. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Embracing her.
(b) Taking her coat.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Making jokes.
7. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
8. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
9. What is the name of William's wife?
10. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Out of boredom.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of spite.
11. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To be liked.
(c) To become independent.
(d) To please Harriet.
12. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(d) People's houses.
13. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
14. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(b) A fool.
(c) Ill humored.
(d) Money driven.
15. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(b) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(c) Creates art.
(d) Suffers in silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
2. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
3. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
5. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)