|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are too gaudy.
(c) They are too expensive.
(d) The are too cheap.
2. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
3. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) The feeling they don't fit in.
(b) Poor service.
(c) Lack of atmosphere.
(d) Lack of money.
4. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To find art space for John.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To review John's work.
(d) To secure work for John.
5. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Inviting their friends.
(b) Tipping the bellboy.
(c) Ordering before they arrived.
(d) Securing a table.
6. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
7. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to socialize.
(b) She wants to meet William.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants money.
8. What does Harriet say her life is?
(b) A game.
(c) A lie.
9. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The manager.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) The bellboy.
10. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants John to socialize.
(b) They can't afford food.
(c) She wants to meet new people.
(d) She wants to talk business.
11. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) French toast.
(b) Devil's toast.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Fried toast.
12. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(b) If Harriet still loves John.
(c) Buy one of John's paintings.
(d) Give John a loan.
13. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Taking her coat.
(b) Embracing her.
(c) Making jokes.
(d) Kissing her.
14. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
15. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Suffers in silence.
(b) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(c) Creates art.
(d) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
2. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)