|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) An art studio.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A library.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) William Banks.
(b) Margaret Caldwell.
(c) Harriet Banks.
(d) John Caldwell.
3. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Making jokes.
(b) Taking her coat.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Embracing her.
4. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her posture.
(d) Her head.
5. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Orders beer.
(b) Kisses Harriet.
(c) Shouts at the waiter.
(d) Eats with his mouthful.
6. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
7. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Fooling herself.
(b) Marrying William.
(c) Making John look a fool.
(d) Leaving John.
8. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
9. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Money driven.
(b) A fool.
(c) Ill humored.
10. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(b) Suffers in silence.
(c) Creates art.
(d) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
11. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) Harriet married William.
(b) The food is so bad.
(c) John married Margaret.
(d) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
12. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
13. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(b) Film director.
14. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To get a loan for John.
(b) To review John's work.
(c) To find art space for John.
(d) To secure work for John.
15. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Painting in his studio.
(d) Watching a film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
2. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
3. Who does William attempt to bribe?
4. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
5. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)