|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A library.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) The are too cheap.
(b) They are too gaudy.
(c) They are dead.
(d) They are too expensive.
3. What is the name of William's wife?
4. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A police raid.
(c) The hotel sopranos.
(d) The hotel orchestra.
5. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
6. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
(a) By stepping on people.
(b) By investing other people's money.
(c) By buying and selling.
(d) By learning as he went along.
7. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of atmosphere.
(b) The feeling they don't fit in.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Poor service.
8. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They turnaway.
(d) They shake hands.
9. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A pair of earrings.
10. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(d) Film director.
11. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
12. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to meet William.
(b) She wants to socialize.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants money.
13. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(d) People's houses.
14. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Buy a painting from John.
(b) Flatter Margaret.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Flatter John.
15. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(b) He comments on her taste.
(c) He comments on her beauty.
(d) He comments on her sense of fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John's wife?
2. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
3. What does Harriet say her life is?
4. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
5. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)