|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Poor service.
(c) Lack of atmosphere.
(d) The feeling they don't fit in.
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
3. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Order the best food.
(b) Flatter John.
(c) Flatter Margaret.
(d) Buy a painting from John.
4. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
5. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Shouts at the waiter.
(b) Kisses Harriet.
(c) Eats with his mouthful.
(d) Orders beer.
6. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
7. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Devil's toast.
(b) Fried toast.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) French toast.
8. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her hairclips.
(b) Her makeup bag.
(c) Her novel.
(d) Her notebook.
9. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She is ambitious.
(d) She looks after him.
10. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(c) A necklace.
11. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet still loves John.
(b) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(c) Buy one of John's paintings.
(d) Give John a loan.
12. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Money driven.
(b) Ill humored.
(d) A fool.
13. What is the name of William's wife?
14. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Securing a table.
(b) Ordering before they arrived.
(c) Inviting their friends.
(d) Tipping the bellboy.
15. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) They can't afford food.
(c) She wants to talk business.
(d) She wants John to socialize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
2. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
3. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
4. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
5. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)