|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
2. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) Harriet married William.
(b) John married Margaret.
(c) The food is so bad.
(d) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
3. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet still loves John.
(b) Buy one of John's paintings.
(c) Give John a loan.
(d) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
4. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A necklace.
5. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(a) Singer songwriter.
(d) Film director.
6. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) William Banks.
(b) Harriet Banks.
(c) Margaret Caldwell.
(d) John Caldwell.
7. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The manager.
(c) The head waiter.
(d) The receptionist.
8. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her hairclips.
(d) Her makeup bag.
9. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Creates art.
(b) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(c) Suffers in silence.
(d) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
10. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(b) By validating her love for him.
(c) By telling him he is handsome.
(d) By ordering the best wine.
11. What does Harriet say her life is?
(b) A lie.
(c) A game.
12. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) The are too cheap.
(b) They are too expensive.
(c) They are dead.
(d) They are too gaudy.
13. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They turnaway.
14. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Leaving John.
(b) Marrying William.
(c) Fooling herself.
(d) Making John look a fool.
15. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) The hotel sopranos.
(c) A police raid.
(d) The hotel orchestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
2. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
3. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
4. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
5. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)