|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(c) Singer songwriter.
(d) Film director.
2. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His manners.
(b) His family.
(c) His money.
(d) His friends.
3. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's evil side.
(b) Margaret's good side.
(c) Margaret's innerself.
(d) Margaret's ambitions.
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) They are dead.
(b) The are too cheap.
(c) They are too gaudy.
(d) They are too expensive.
6. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To get a loan for John.
(b) To review John's work.
(c) To secure work for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
7. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their lost love.
(c) Their childhoods.
(d) Their families.
8. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
9. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A pair of earrings.
10. What is John's occupation?
(a) An artist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A journalist.
11. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her hairclips.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her makeup bag.
(d) Her notebook.
12. What is the name of William's wife?
13. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
14. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her beauty.
(b) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(c) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(d) He comments on her taste.
15. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They shake hands.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They turnaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
2. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
3. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
4. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
5. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)