|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(b) A drive.
2. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
3. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The manager.
(c) The bellboy.
(d) The head waiter.
5. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) The feeling they don't fit in.
(b) Poor service.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of atmosphere.
6. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(d) People's houses.
7. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her posture.
(d) Her head.
8. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Order the best food.
(b) Flatter Margaret.
(c) Buy a painting from John.
(d) Flatter John.
9. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her makeup bag.
(d) Her hairclips.
10. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(b) He comments on her beauty.
(c) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(d) He comments on her taste.
11. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Making jokes.
(b) Embracing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Kissing her.
12. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A library.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An art studio.
13. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Painting in his studio.
(b) Reading in bed.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Listening to the radio.
14. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To be liked.
(b) To please Harriet.
(c) To become independent.
(d) To earn money.
15. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's sense of fun.
(c) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(d) Harriet's evil side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
2. What does Harriet say her life is?
3. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
4. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
5. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)