|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
2. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to meet William.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She wants to socialize.
(d) She is hungry.
3. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By ordering the best wine.
(b) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(c) By telling him he is handsome.
(d) By validating her love for him.
4. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
(a) John is the perfect gentleman.
(b) John is rich.
(c) Her marriage is perfect.
(d) John is easy going.
5. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) Harriet's shallowness.
(b) The nation's hypocrisy.
(c) Harriet's real self.
(d) William's shallowness.
6. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His money.
(b) His manners.
(c) His friends.
(d) His family.
7. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
8. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Devil's toast.
(b) French toast.
(c) Fried toast.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
9. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A police raid.
(b) The hotel orchestra.
(c) The hotel sopranos.
(d) A fire alarm.
10. What is the name of William's wife?
11. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
12. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A library.
(d) An art studio.
13. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(b) Harriet's evil side.
(c) Harriet's sense of fun.
(d) Harriet's good side
14. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
15. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her beauty.
(b) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(c) He comments on her taste.
(d) He comments on her sense of fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
2. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
3. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
4. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
5. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)