|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their childhoods.
(d) Their lost love.
2. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
(a) The arrival of the waiter.
(b) Margaret's anger.
(c) The end of the music.
(d) Harriet's indifference.
3. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Inviting their friends.
(b) Securing a table.
(c) Tipping the bellboy.
(d) Ordering before they arrived.
4. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her posture.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her head.
5. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's ambitions.
(b) Margaret's evil side.
(c) Margaret's good side.
(d) Margaret's innerself.
6. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
7. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
8. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) They are too expensive.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are too gaudy.
(d) The are too cheap.
9. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
10. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
11. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) The feeling they don't fit in.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Lack of atmosphere.
(d) Poor service.
12. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They turnaway.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They laugh.
13. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(d) People's houses.
14. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To be liked.
(c) To please Harriet.
(d) To become independent.
15. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
2. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
3. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
4. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
5. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)