|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's innerself.
(b) Margaret's evil side.
(c) Margaret's good side.
(d) Margaret's ambitions.
2. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(b) A drive.
3. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Shouts at the waiter.
(b) Eats with his mouthful.
(c) Kisses Harriet.
(d) Orders beer.
4. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A library.
(d) An art studio.
5. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By telling him he is handsome.
(b) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(c) By validating her love for him.
(d) By ordering the best wine.
6. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The head waiter.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The bellboy.
(d) The manager.
7. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She looks after him.
(d) She is ambitious.
8. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Embracing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Making jokes.
9. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
10. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) They can't afford food.
(c) She wants John to socialize.
(d) She wants to talk business.
11. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A pair of earrings.
(d) A necklace.
12. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Flatter Margaret.
(b) Flatter John.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Buy a painting from John.
13. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
14. What does Harriet say her life is?
(a) A lie.
(d) A game.
15. What is the name of William's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
2. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
4. What does William say his only desire is?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)