|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They shake hands.
(c) They turnaway.
(d) They embrace.
2. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Ill humored.
(b) A fool.
(c) Money driven.
3. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Poor service.
(b) The feeling they don't fit in.
(c) Lack of atmosphere.
(d) Lack of money.
4. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
5. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Reading in bed.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Painting in his studio.
6. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An art studio.
(d) A library.
7. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
8. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's evil side.
(b) Margaret's good side.
(c) Margaret's ambitions.
(d) Margaret's innerself.
9. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and William.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Harriet and Margaret.
(d) William and Margaret.
10. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to socialize.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants to meet William.
11. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Marrying William.
(b) Fooling herself.
(c) Making John look a fool.
(d) Leaving John.
12. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His money.
(b) His friends.
(c) His manners.
(d) His family.
13. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A necklace.
14. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
15. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to talk business.
(b) She wants to meet new people.
(c) They can't afford food.
(d) She wants John to socialize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
2. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
3. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
4. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
5. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)