|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Flatter John.
(b) Order the best food.
(c) Flatter Margaret.
(d) Buy a painting from John.
2. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's good side.
(b) Margaret's evil side.
(c) Margaret's ambitions.
(d) Margaret's innerself.
3. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their childhoods.
(b) Their schooldays.
(c) Their lost love.
(d) Their families.
4. What is John's occupation?
(a) A writer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An artist.
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's evil side.
(b) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(c) Harriet's good side
(d) Harriet's sense of fun.
6. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A necklace.
7. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
8. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
9. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
10. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To be liked.
(b) To please Harriet.
(c) To become independent.
(d) To earn money.
11. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
12. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Orders beer.
(b) Eats with his mouthful.
(c) Kisses Harriet.
(d) Shouts at the waiter.
13. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The head waiter.
(d) The manager.
14. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(b) He comments on her taste.
(c) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(d) He comments on her beauty.
15. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of boredom.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) Out of loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
2. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
3. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
4. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
5. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)