|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
2. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
3. What is the name of William's wife?
4. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) The nation's hypocrisy.
(b) William's shallowness.
(c) Harriet's real self.
(d) Harriet's shallowness.
5. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They turnaway.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They shake hands.
6. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's innerself.
(b) Margaret's good side.
(c) Margaret's evil side.
(d) Margaret's ambitions.
7. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of boredom.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of spite.
8. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
(a) Sketches Harriet.
(b) Flirts with Harriet.
(c) Takes a photograph of Harriet.
(d) Dedicates a song to Harriet.
9. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pair of earrings.
10. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(b) Give John a loan.
(c) If Harriet still loves John.
(d) Buy one of John's paintings.
11. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
12. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) French toast.
(b) Devil's toast.
(c) Fried toast.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
13. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and Harriet.
(b) John and William.
(c) William and Margaret.
(d) Harriet and Margaret.
14. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) A police raid.
(c) The hotel orchestra.
(d) A fire alarm.
15. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Orders beer.
(b) Shouts at the waiter.
(c) Kisses Harriet.
(d) Eats with his mouthful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
2. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
3. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
4. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
5. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)