Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their childhoods.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their lost love.
2. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
3. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She looks after him.
(d) She is ambitious.
4. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
(a) By investing other people's money.
(b) By learning as he went along.
(c) By stepping on people.
(d) By buying and selling.
5. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Embracing her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Making jokes.
6. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
(b) Harriet married William.
(c) The food is so bad.
(d) John married Margaret.
7. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A pair of earrings.
8. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Kisses Harriet.
(b) Shouts at the waiter.
(c) Orders beer.
(d) Eats with his mouthful.
9. What is John's occupation?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A banker.
(c) A writer.
(d) An artist.
10. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
11. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her posture.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her hands.
12. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
13. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
14. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
15. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her novel.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her makeup bag.
(d) Her hairclips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
2. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
3. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
4. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
5. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)