Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The manager.
(b) The bellboy.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) The head waiter.
2. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
3. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) They can't afford food.
(b) She wants to meet new people.
(c) She wants to talk business.
(d) She wants John to socialize.
4. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A police raid.
(c) The hotel orchestra.
(d) The hotel sopranos.
5. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her posture.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her hands.
6. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
7. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
8. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
9. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
10. What is John's occupation?
(a) A banker.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A journalist.
11. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Buy a painting from John.
(b) Flatter Margaret.
(c) Order the best food.
(d) Flatter John.
12. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
13. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
(a) By stepping on people.
(b) By learning as he went along.
(c) By investing other people's money.
(d) By buying and selling.
14. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(b) By validating her love for him.
(c) By telling him he is handsome.
(d) By ordering the best wine.
15. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
(a) They are too expensive.
(b) They are too gaudy.
(c) They are dead.
(d) The are too cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
2. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
3. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
4. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)