|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) Harriet's real self.
(b) Harriet's shallowness.
(c) William's shallowness.
(d) The nation's hypocrisy.
2. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
3. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
4. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) Margaret Caldwell.
(b) William Banks.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) Harriet Banks.
5. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His friends.
(b) His manners.
(c) His family.
(d) His money.
6. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Creates art.
(b) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(c) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(d) Suffers in silence.
7. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The manager.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The bellboy.
(d) The receptionist.
8. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(b) Harriet's sense of fun.
(c) Harriet's evil side.
(d) Harriet's good side
9. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Painting in his studio.
10. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
11. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(b) Buy one of John's paintings.
(c) If Harriet still loves John.
(d) Give John a loan.
12. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Shouts at the waiter.
(b) Orders beer.
(c) Eats with his mouthful.
(d) Kisses Harriet.
13. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To review John's work.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To secure work for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
14. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
15. What is the name of William's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
2. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
3. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
4. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
5. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)