|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is ambitious.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She looks after him.
(d) She is fun.
2. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's good side.
(b) Margaret's evil side.
(c) Margaret's innerself.
(d) Margaret's ambitions.
3. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(b) People's houses.
4. What is the name of William's wife?
5. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Making jokes.
(b) Embracing her.
(c) Taking her coat.
(d) Kissing her.
6. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
7. What is the name of John's wife?
8. What does Harriet say her life is?
(a) A game.
(b) A lie.
9. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
10. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) The food is so bad.
(b) Harriet married William.
(c) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
(d) John married Margaret.
11. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
12. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His friends.
(b) His money.
(c) His family.
(d) His manners.
13. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
(a) By stepping on people.
(b) By learning as he went along.
(c) By buying and selling.
(d) By investing other people's money.
14. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A police raid.
(d) The hotel orchestra.
15. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To secure work for John.
(b) To find art space for John.
(c) To review John's work.
(d) To get a loan for John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's occupation?
2. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
3. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
4. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
5. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)