|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A library.
2. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(a) A business degree.
(b) An art degree.
(d) A science degree.
3. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's evil side.
(b) Margaret's good side.
(c) Margaret's ambitions.
(d) Margaret's innerself.
4. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to meet William.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She wants to socialize.
5. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
6. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To please Harriet.
(c) To become independent.
(d) To be liked.
7. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Painting in his studio.
(b) Watching a film.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Reading in bed.
8. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
9. What is the name of John's wife?
10. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She is ambitious.
(b) She is fun.
(c) She looks after him.
(d) She likes artists.
11. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
12. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
13. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) They can't afford food.
(c) She wants to talk business.
(d) She wants John to socialize.
14. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Orders beer.
(b) Shouts at the waiter.
(c) Eats with his mouthful.
(d) Kisses Harriet.
15. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
2. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
3. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
4. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)