|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William say his only desire is?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To become independent.
(c) To please Harriet.
(d) To be liked.
2. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's sense of fun.
(c) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(d) Harriet's evil side.
3. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They shake hands.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They embrace.
(d) They turnaway.
4. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
5. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(a) A drive.
6. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
7. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
8. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
9. What does Hetty encourage Harriet to make Margaret feel?
10. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
11. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His friends.
(b) His manners.
(c) His money.
(d) His family.
12. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By ordering the best wine.
(b) By telling him he is handsome.
(c) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(d) By validating her love for him.
13. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and Harriet.
(b) John and William.
(c) William and Margaret.
(d) Harriet and Margaret.
14. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A police raid.
(b) The hotel orchestra.
(c) A fire alarm.
(d) The hotel sopranos.
15. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her beauty.
(b) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(c) He comments on her taste.
(d) He comments on her lovely eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
2. What is the name of John's wife?
3. What does Maggie represent?
4. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
5. What is the name of William's wife?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)