|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say her life is?
(b) A lie.
(d) A game.
2. What does Harriet want Margaret to bellieve?
(a) John is the perfect gentleman.
(b) John is easy going.
(c) John is rich.
(d) Her marriage is perfect.
3. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
4. What is the name of William's wife?
5. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her posture.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her hands.
6. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their lost love.
(b) Their childhoods.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their schooldays.
7. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's sense of fun.
(b) Harriet's good side
(c) Harriet's evil side.
(d) Harriet's inner thoughts.
8. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
9. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(b) A science degree.
(c) An art degree.
(d) A business degree.
10. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) The hotel orchestra.
(c) A police raid.
(d) A fire alarm.
11. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) William Banks.
(b) Margaret Caldwell.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) Harriet Banks.
12. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's ambitions.
(b) Margaret's innerself.
(c) Margaret's good side.
(d) Margaret's evil side.
13. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) A fool.
(c) Ill humored.
(d) Money driven.
14. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
15. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of boredom.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
2. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
3. What is William Sterling's occupation?
4. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
5. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)