|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To review John's work.
(b) To secure work for John.
(c) To get a loan for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
2. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
3. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
4. What is the name of William's wife?
5. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) William Banks.
(b) Margaret Caldwell.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) Harriet Banks.
6. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of boredom.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) Out of loneliness.
7. What does Maggie represent?
(a) Margaret's good side.
(b) Margaret's evil side.
(c) Margaret's ambitions.
(d) Margaret's innerself.
8. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
9. What does Harriet berate William for not doing?
(a) Inviting their friends.
(b) Ordering before they arrived.
(c) Securing a table.
(d) Tipping the bellboy.
10. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Watching a film.
(b) Reading in bed.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Painting in his studio.
11. What s the setting of the opening act?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A library.
(d) An art studio.
12. What does Harriet discourage William from doing?
(a) Embracing her.
(b) Taking her coat.
(c) Making jokes.
(d) Kissing her.
13. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The manager.
(d) The head waiter.
14. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
15. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
(a) Flirts with Harriet.
(b) Takes a photograph of Harriet.
(c) Dedicates a song to Harriet.
(d) Sketches Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
2. What is John's occupation?
3. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
4. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
5. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)