|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
2. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She wants to socialize.
(b) She is hungry.
(c) She wants to meet William.
(d) She wants money.
3. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
4. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A pair of earrings.
5. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
(a) The arrival of the waiter.
(b) Margaret's anger.
(c) The end of the music.
(d) Harriet's indifference.
6. What does Harriet say her life is?
(b) A game.
(d) A lie.
7. What does Margaret claim is the reason she and John are leaving the dining area?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Poor service.
(c) The feeling they don't fit in.
(d) Lack of atmosphere.
8. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To secure work for John.
(b) To find art space for John.
(c) To review John's work.
(d) To get a loan for John.
9. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The manager.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The bellboy.
(d) The receptionist.
10. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
11. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of boredom.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of love.
12. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
13. What is the name of John's wife?
14. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(b) Creates art.
(c) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(d) Suffers in silence.
15. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) The nation's hypocrisy.
(b) Harriet's shallowness.
(c) Harriet's real self.
(d) William's shallowness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
2. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
3. What s the setting of the opening act?
4. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
5. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)