|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say he would prefer to be doing?
(a) Painting in his studio.
(b) Watching a film.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Listening to the radio.
2. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
(b) People's houses.
3. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to talk business.
(b) She wants to meet new people.
(c) They can't afford food.
(d) She wants John to socialize.
4. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A police raid.
(c) The hotel orchestra.
(d) The hotel sopranos.
5. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(c) Harriet's evil side.
(d) Harriet's sense of fun.
6. What is William Sterling's occupation?
(c) Film director.
(d) Singer songwriter.
7. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
8. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
9. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
10. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
11. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
12. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A pair of earrings.
(d) A necklace.
13. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
(a) The nation's hypocrisy.
(b) William's shallowness.
(c) Harriet's shallowness.
(d) Harriet's real self.
14. What is the name of John's wife?
15. What does Hetty say she does while Harriet plays the role of society woman?
(a) Suffers in silence.
(b) Looks for a better man for Harriet.
(c) Waits until Harriet understands the truth.
(d) Creates art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet say her life is?
2. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
3. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
5. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)