|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's evil side.
(b) Harriet's sense of fun.
(c) Harriet's inner thoughts.
(d) Harriet's good side
2. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The bellboy.
(d) The manager.
3. How do Harriet and Margaret react when they see each other?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They embrace.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They turnaway.
4. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pair of earrings.
5. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
(a) Devil's toast.
(b) Cinnamon toast.
(c) French toast.
(d) Fried toast.
6. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To secure work for John.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To review John's work.
(d) To find art space for John.
7. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
(a) Harriet married William.
(b) John married Margaret.
(c) The food is so bad.
(d) The restaurant has no atmosphere.
8. What is the name of John's wife?
9. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) William and Margaret.
(b) John and Harriet.
(c) Harriet and Margaret.
(d) John and William.
10. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
11. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His family.
(b) His manners.
(c) His friends.
(d) His money.
12. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to talk business.
(b) She wants John to socialize.
(c) She wants to meet new people.
(d) They can't afford food.
13. What do Hetty and Jack reminisce about?
(a) Their schooldays.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their childhoods.
(d) Their lost love.
14. What does Margaret come into the bathroom to retrieve?
(a) Her hairclips.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her makeup bag.
(d) Her notebook.
15. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
2. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
3. Why does Harriet reject William's gift of flowers?
4. What does Margaret say John makes $4,000 painting?
5. What is the name of William's wife?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)