|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Fooling herself.
(b) Making John look a fool.
(c) Marrying William.
(d) Leaving John.
2. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
3. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) Buy one of John's paintings.
(b) If Harriet still loves John.
(c) Give John a loan.
(d) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
4. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
5. What kind of formal education does William tell he had?
(a) A science degree.
(b) A business degree.
(c) An art degree.
6. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of loneliness.
(d) Out of boredom.
7. What is the only thing Harriet likes about William?
(a) His friends.
(b) His manners.
(c) His family.
(d) His money.
8. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and William.
(b) Harriet and Margaret.
(c) William and Margaret.
(d) John and Harriet.
9. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
10. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
11. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
12. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Money driven.
(b) Ill humored.
(c) A fool.
13. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) The hotel orchestra.
(c) A fire alarm.
(d) A police raid.
14. What is the name of William's wife?
15. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(c) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
2. What does Harriet say her life is?
3. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
4. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
5. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)