|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Ill humored.
(b) Money driven.
(c) A fool.
2. Who does Hetty think can read her thoughts?
3. What is the name of William's wife?
4. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) Margaret Caldwell.
(b) Harriet Banks.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) William Banks.
5. Who does Hetty say is the only person Harriet wants to look beautiful for?
6. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
7. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
8. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
9. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
(a) Flatter Margaret.
(b) Order the best food.
(c) Buy a painting from John.
(d) Flatter John.
10. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) Harriet and Margaret.
(b) William and Margaret.
(c) John and Harriet.
(d) John and William.
11. What does William tell John he wants to learn about one day?
12. What is the name of Margaret's counterpart?
13. What kind of mood does William say Harriet is in?
14. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) She wants John to socialize.
(c) They can't afford food.
(d) She wants to talk business.
15. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel sopranos.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) The hotel orchestra.
(d) A police raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
2. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
3. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
4. Who does William attempt to bribe?
5. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)