|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The bellboy.
(b) The head waiter.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) The manager.
2. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) William and Margaret.
(b) Harriet and Margaret.
(c) John and Harriet.
(d) John and William.
3. What does Harriet say her life is?
(a) A game.
(c) A lie.
4. Why is Margaret trying to talk to some wealthy art patrons?
(a) To review John's work.
(b) To get a loan for John.
(c) To secure work for John.
(d) To find art space for John.
5. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
6. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Making John look a fool.
(b) Marrying William.
(c) Fooling herself.
(d) Leaving John.
7. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(a) A drive.
8. What is the name of Harriet's alter ego?
9. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
10. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of loneliness.
(c) Out of love.
(d) Out of boredom.
11. What signals Jack and Hetty to stop flirting?
(a) The end of the music.
(b) Harriet's indifference.
(c) The arrival of the waiter.
(d) Margaret's anger.
12. What does William do that disgusts Hetty?
(a) Kisses Harriet.
(b) Eats with his mouthful.
(c) Shouts at the waiter.
(d) Orders beer.
13. What is the name of William's wife?
14. What does Hetty tell Harriet she embodies?
(a) Harriet's good side
(b) Harriet's evil side.
(c) Harriet's sense of fun.
(d) Harriet's inner thoughts.
15. What does Magaret say is lovely about Harriet?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her posture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
2. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
3. What does Harriet want Hettie to show the world?
4. What kind of toast does Harriet order for tea?
5. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)