|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are left alone at the table?
(a) John and Harriet.
(b) William and Margaret.
(c) John and William.
(d) Harriet and Margaret.
2. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her taste.
(b) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(c) He comments on her beauty.
(d) He comments on her lovely eyes.
3. What does Jack say he would like to make Harriet pay for?
(a) Marrying William.
(b) Fooling herself.
(c) Making John look a fool.
(d) Leaving John.
4. Who does Harriet tell the mirror she hates?
5. How does Hetty think Harriet should charm William?
(a) By ordering the best wine.
(b) By telling him he is handsome.
(c) By telling him she loved the flowers.
(d) By validating her love for him.
6. What does Harriet tell Hetty she saved her from?
7. What does Harriet invite Margaret and John for?
(d) A drive.
8. What does Hetty tell Harriet she has given love for?
9. What is name of the character that first enters the scene?
(a) William Banks.
(b) John Caldwell.
(c) Margaret Caldwell.
(d) Harriet Banks.
10. What is the name of Jack's alter ego?
11. What is the name of the woman John once loved?
12. What is the name of John's wife?
13. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
(a) The hotel orchestra.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) The hotel sopranos.
(d) A police raid.
14. Why does Margaret want someone to invite her and John to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet new people.
(b) She wants John to socialize.
(c) They can't afford food.
(d) She wants to talk business.
15. Why is Maggie angry that Harriet declines the offer of tea?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She wants to meet William.
(c) She wants money.
(d) She wants to socialize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie represent?
2. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
3. What does Hetty think Harriet should encourage William to do?
4. Why does Harriet think John married Margaret?
5. What does Jack say he is shocked about?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)