|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret say John is lucky to have her as a wife?
(a) She looks after him.
(b) She likes artists.
(c) She is fun.
(d) She is ambitious.
2. What does Maggie urge Margaret to ask Harriet?
(a) Buy one of John's paintings.
(b) If Harriet wants to divorce William.
(c) Give John a loan.
(d) If Harriet still loves John.
3. Who does William attempt to bribe?
(a) The head waiter.
(b) The manager.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) The bellboy.
4. How does John compliment Harriet?
(a) He comments on her taste.
(b) He comments on her lovely eyes.
(c) He comments on her sense of fashion.
(d) He comments on her beauty.
5. What does William apologize to Harriet for being?
(a) Ill humored.
(c) Money driven.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William say he has earned his wealth?
2. Which of the following words best describes Margaret's view of life?
3. What does William hand Harriet as a gift?
4. What does John start doing after Margaret comments on Harriet's posture?
5. What sound fills the hotel and forces the characters to sit in silence?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)