|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the bikers say they work for?
2. Who calls Heather concerning information on Jamey's case?
3. What is the nickname for Bitter Canyon?
4. Who is sent to kidnap Jamey from Canyon Oaks?
5. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout?
Essay Topic 1
The element of surprise is used several times in the story when readers learn the truth about who is committed what crimes against Jamey and other characters in the story. Discuss how the element of surprise is used throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)