|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Black Jack Cadmus in relation to Jamey?
2. Who does Alex meet at Robin's studio?
3. What does Gary's neighbor inform Alex?
4. Who does Mainwaring say he wants to sell information to?
5. When Alex and Jennifer research Jamey's condition, what do they think he's been taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
2. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
3. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
5. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
6. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
7. Describe the meeting between Alex, Milo and Skaggs.
8. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
9. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
10. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 2
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)