|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Vann say she was attacked by?
2. What does Milo accuse Guy of doing to Jamey?
3. Who is the first person Alex calls when he and Jennifer gain information on Jamey's condition?
4. What object is found by Milo and Alex at the beginning of Chapter 26?
5. Where did Surtees study to be a nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
2. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
3. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
5. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
6. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
7. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
8. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
9. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
10. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)