|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Skinny's true identity?
2. Who does Souza say he will call to learn more about Jamey's condition?
3. Who says they did not know that Dwight's signature was a forgery?
4. Who tells Alex that Peter probably did not commit suicide?
5. How much is Mrs. Vann paid the night of Jamey's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
2. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
3. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
6. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
7. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
8. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
9. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
10. Why did Alex insist on having a meeting with Souza in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing takes place currently throughout the story. When Jamey tries to commit suicide in jail he is said to have been talking during the incident. What does Jamey say? What explanation could there be as to what might happen later that could solve the mystery of what Jamey says during his suicide attempt?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)