|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex meet Jennifer in Chapter 24?
2. What does Mrs. Vann do that allows Alex to find her?
3. After returning home from his meeting with Milo, who does Alex call?
4. Who do the bikers say they work for?
5. How many of the six kids from Project 160 are now off track in their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
2. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
3. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
4. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
5. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
6. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
7. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
8. When Alex meets Mr. Oberheim, what does Oberheim inform him about Peter?
9. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
10. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)