|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jamey's mom described to Alex in Chapter 18?
2. Who is Black Jack Cadmus in relation to Jamey?
3. What tests are frequently run on Jamey while in jail?
4. What is the name of the art gallery Gary often goes to?
5. When Alex and Jennifer research Jamey's condition, what do they think he's been taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
2. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
3. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
4. Why did Alex insist on having a meeting with Souza in Chapter 30?
5. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
6. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
7. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
8. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
9. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
10. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)