|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for Bitter Canyon?
2. What object is found by Milo and Alex at the beginning of Chapter 26?
3. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout?
4. Who gives Jamey an injection when he is being kidnapped?
5. What tests are frequently run on Jamey while in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
2. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
3. Why did Alex insist on having a meeting with Souza in Chapter 30?
4. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
5. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
6. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
7. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
8. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
9. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
10. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The element of surprise is used several times in the story when readers learn the truth about who is committed what crimes against Jamey and other characters in the story. Discuss how the element of surprise is used throughout the story.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)