|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who got all of Guy's money during his divorce?
2. What is Alex told probably happened when Peter last hung himself that led to his death?
3. What object is found by Milo and Alex at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. What object is being picked up from a customer at Robin's studio when Alex arrives?
5. Who does Milo tell Alex is involved in a deal gone wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
2. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
3. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
4. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
5. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
6. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research together?
7. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
8. Describe the meeting between Alex, Milo and Skaggs.
9. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
10. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Milo learns about Gary's involvement with Jack Cadmus's diary in Chapter 32. How does Gary gain custody of Jack's diary? How would the story have been different if Gary had never gotten the diary? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)