|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Heather Cadmus used to work?
2. Who did Heather used to work with?
3. Who appears in the room when Guy is accused of doing something to Jamey?
4. What does Gary's neighbor describe Gary as?
5. What does Milo write Gary and his girlfriend's address on?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
2. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
3. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
4. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
5. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
6. Who is questioned in Chapter 27 due to their involvement with Jamey and why are they questioned?
7. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
8. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
9. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
10. Describe the meeting between Alex, Milo and Skaggs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 2
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a heart-felt conversation with each other. What is the conversation about? What does their conversation as well as other events throughout the story prove about their marriage? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your answer.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)