|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Souza say he will call to learn more about Jamey's condition?
2. Who does Alex refuse to give information to about Bitter Canyon?
3. Who gives Jamey an injection when he is being kidnapped?
4. What is the real name of the Fat biker?
5. Who is the first person Alex calls when he and Jennifer gain information on Jamey's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
2. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
3. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
4. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
5. Why did Alex insist on having a meeting with Souza in Chapter 30?
6. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
7. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
8. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
9. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
10. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Alex visits the County jail where Jamey is being held, he is given a tour of the facilities by Patrick Montez, a social worker. How are mental health patients treated in jail? Discuss the problems with the jail, Jamey's health and family and what this means for Jamey's time spent in jail.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a heart-felt conversation with each other. What is the conversation about? What does their conversation as well as other events throughout the story prove about their marriage? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your answer.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)