|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skinny's real name?
2. Who is the first person Alex calls when he and Jennifer gain information on Jamey's condition?
3. Who does Milo tell Alex is involved in a deal gone wrong?
4. What kind of tape is shown to Souza?
5. What tests are frequently run on Jamey while in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
2. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
3. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
4. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
5. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
6. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
7. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
8. Who is questioned in Chapter 27 due to their involvement with Jamey and why are they questioned?
9. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
10. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)