|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Skinny's true identity?
2. What does Richard Cash do while walking around Souza's house?
3. Who does Mainwaring say he wants to sell information to?
4. What does Gary's neighbor describe Gary as?
5. Who does Antrim claim to be a descendant of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
2. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
3. When Alex meets Mr. Oberheim, what does Oberheim inform him about Peter?
4. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
5. Describe the meeting between Alex, Milo and Skaggs.
6. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
7. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
8. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
9. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
10. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Milo learns about Gary's involvement with Jack Cadmus's diary in Chapter 32. How does Gary gain custody of Jack's diary? How would the story have been different if Gary had never gotten the diary? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
When Alex visits the County jail where Jamey is being held, he is given a tour of the facilities by Patrick Montez, a social worker. How are mental health patients treated in jail? Discuss the problems with the jail, Jamey's health and family and what this means for Jamey's time spent in jail.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)