|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex and Jennifer research Jamey's condition, what do they think he's been taking?
2. Where do Alex and Jennifer go in order to research drugs that could be affecting Jamey?
3. What is the name of the art gallery Gary often goes to?
4. Who is Black Jack Cadmus in relation to Jamey?
5. Where are two bikers said to have been seen in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
2. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research together?
3. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
4. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
5. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
6. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
7. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
8. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
9. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
10. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a heart-felt conversation with each other. What is the conversation about? What does their conversation as well as other events throughout the story prove about their marriage? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your answer.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)