|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Mrs. Vann paid the night of Jamey's disappearance?
2. Where did Surtees study to be a nurse?
3. What does Dwight say he is going to do to Alex?
4. Who does Alex refuse to give information to about Bitter Canyon?
5. Who appears in the room when Guy is accused of doing something to Jamey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
2. Describe the meeting between Alex, Milo and Skaggs.
3. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
4. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
5. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
6. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
7. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
8. When Alex meets Mr. Oberheim, what does Oberheim inform him about Peter?
9. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
10. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 2
After finding out that Gary is known to go to an art gallery called Voids Will Be Voids, Alex goes to the gallery in Chapter 19. While at the gallery, Alex finds an art piece of Gary's that is on display. What does the art piece depict? Why does Alex find the piece important to the murder case? What does Alex do in order to buy the piece?
Essay Topic 3
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)