|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary's neighbor inform Alex?
2. Why does Alex meet Jennifer in Chapter 24?
3. What object is found by Milo and Alex at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. How does Alex get Mrs. Vann's address?
5. What is used to kill Radovic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
2. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
3. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
6. When Alex meets Mr. Oberheim, what does Oberheim inform him about Peter?
7. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
8. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
9. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
10. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The element of surprise is used several times in the story when readers learn the truth about who is committed what crimes against Jamey and other characters in the story. Discuss how the element of surprise is used throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)