|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gary's girlfriend?
2. In Chapter 21, who does Alex learn has just been killed?
3. What does Milo say he will do if Angela and Guy cooperate with the investigation?
4. What object is located in one of the scenes from Gary's artwork?
5. Who gives Jamey an injection when he is being kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
2. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
3. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
4. What do Milo and Alex suspect is Dwight and Heather's involvement in Jamey's current mental state?
5. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
6. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
7. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
8. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
9. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
10. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Milo learns about Gary's involvement with Jack Cadmus's diary in Chapter 32. How does Gary gain custody of Jack's diary? How would the story have been different if Gary had never gotten the diary? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)