|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mainwaring say he wants to sell information to?
2. How much is Mrs. Vann paid the night of Jamey's disappearance?
3. Who do the bikers say they work for?
4. Where do Alex and Jennifer go in order to research drugs that could be affecting Jamey?
5. How is Jamey's mom described to Alex in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)