|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter said to have hung himself often?
2. What does Dwight say he is going to do to Alex?
3. What is used to kill Radovic?
4. What does Richard Cash do while walking around Souza's house?
5. Who does Mainwaring say he wants to sell information to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
2. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
3. What does Mrs. Vann say her involvement with Dr. Mainwaring and Jamey are?
4. Who is used as bait during a police stakeout and how?
5. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
6. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
7. Who is questioned in Chapter 27 due to their involvement with Jamey and why are they questioned?
8. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
9. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
10. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)