|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Surtees study to be a nurse?
2. Where are two bikers said to have been seen in Chapter 21?
3. What object is being picked up from a customer at Robin's studio when Alex arrives?
4. How does Alex get Mrs. Vann's address?
5. What does Richard Cash do while walking around Souza's house?
Essay Topic 1
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)