|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for Bitter Canyon?
2. What happens when Souza goes to use the phone in order to learn about Jamey's condition?
3. What object is found by Milo and Alex at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. Who does Milo tell Alex is involved in a deal gone wrong?
5. What is used to kill Radovic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
2. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
3. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Who poisoned Jamey in the story and what will happen to this person due to their actions?
5. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
6. Why did Alex insist on having a meeting with Souza in Chapter 30?
7. Explain what is on the video tape that Souza is forced to watch.
8. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
9. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
10. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Alex visits the County jail where Jamey is being held, he is given a tour of the facilities by Patrick Montez, a social worker. How are mental health patients treated in jail? Discuss the problems with the jail, Jamey's health and family and what this means for Jamey's time spent in jail.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)