|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alex fear will betray him and the police?
2. What does Gary's neighbor inform Alex?
3. What kind of tape is shown to Souza?
4. What does Richard Cash do while walking around Souza's house?
5. What does Alex inform Souza about Jamey after learning the who the real killers in the slasher case are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
2. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
3. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research together?
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
6. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
7. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
8. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
9. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
10. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)