|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Souza question Alex about Jamey?
2. What does Alex find out through research about people with Schizophrenia?
3. Who does Dwight say is Jamey's main care giver?
4. What unit is Jamey held in in jail?
5. Who leads Alex around the crime scene at the Chancellor's estate that is being investigated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
2. Explain what happens when Souza asks Alex if he is willing to give a diminished capacity review at Jamey's trial.
3. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
4. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
5. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
6. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
7. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
8. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
9. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
10. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)