|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the murder of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute occur?
2. When Alex is removed from Jamey's trial, how does he feel?
3. Who does Dr. Flower's organize a meeting with for Alex?
4. Who does Dwight say is Jamey's main care giver?
5. What is Jamey said to have been seen doing when in Dr. Flowers's program?
Short Essay Questions
1. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
2. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
3. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
4. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
5. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
6. Describe Jamey and his past.
7. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
8. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
9. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
10. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 2
When Alex visits the County jail where Jamey is being held, he is given a tour of the facilities by Patrick Montez, a social worker. How are mental health patients treated in jail? Discuss the problems with the jail, Jamey's health and family and what this means for Jamey's time spent in jail.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)