|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the murder of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute occur?
2. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
3. What does Alex find out through research about people with Schizophrenia?
4. Who are the two officers that question Alex at his home regarding Jamey?
5. What is Jamey holding when he is found at the murder scene of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
2. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
3. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
4. Describe Jamey and his past.
5. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
6. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
7. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
8. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
9. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
10. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After finding out that Gary is known to go to an art gallery called Voids Will Be Voids, Alex goes to the gallery in Chapter 19. While at the gallery, Alex finds an art piece of Gary's that is on display. What does the art piece depict? Why does Alex find the piece important to the murder case? What does Alex do in order to buy the piece?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)