Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
2. When talking with Alex, what does Dr. Flowers learn from the phone call she receives?
3. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
4. Where did Jamey first meet Digby?
5. Who does Alex agree to work for in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
2. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
3. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
6. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
7. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
8. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
9. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
10. Where is Jamey living at the end of the story and who helps him in his recovery?
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Foreshadowing takes place currently throughout the story. When Jamey tries to commit suicide in jail he is said to have been talking during the incident. What does Jamey say? What explanation could there be as to what might happen later that could solve the mystery of what Jamey says during his suicide attempt?
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)