|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex make an appointment with Dr. Sarita Flowers?
2. Who is Mal in the story?
3. Who does Souza say is to blame for Jamey's downfall?
4. What does Jennifer say schizophrenics do not perform?
5. What is Milo's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jamey and his past.
2. When Alex goes to meet Dr. Mainwaring at his office in Chapter 14 to discuss Jamey's treatment, what events occur?
3. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
4. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
5. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
6. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
7. What is High Power and who is said to need it?
8. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
9. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
10. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After finding out that Gary is known to go to an art gallery called Voids Will Be Voids, Alex goes to the gallery in Chapter 19. While at the gallery, Alex finds an art piece of Gary's that is on display. What does the art piece depict? Why does Alex find the piece important to the murder case? What does Alex do in order to buy the piece?
Essay Topic 2
Heather Cadmus speaks for the first time in the novel in Chapter 15 when she talks about the relationship she has with Jamey and how Jamey first viewed her as the evil stepmother. Explain the stereotype of the evil stepmother and how it was portrayed in "Over the Edge".
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)