|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking with Alex, what does Dr. Flowers learn from the phone call she receives?
2. Who does Alex agree to work for in Chapter 7?
3. What happens after Jamey speaks one word to Alex during their meeting in Chapter 11?
4. Who's permission does Alex ask of in order to visit a specific location in Chapter 11?
5. Who leaves their job at Canyon Oaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
2. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
3. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
4. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
5. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
6. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
7. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
8. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
9. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
10. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)