|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to pick up Alex by orders of Horace Souza?
2. Who does Dr. Flower's organize a meeting with for Alex?
3. What does Dwight say prevented Jamey from having traditional schooling and normal social interaction?
4. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
5. When Alex is removed from Jamey's trial, how does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
2. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
3. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
4. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
5. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
6. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
7. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
8. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
9. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
10. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Alex visits the County jail where Jamey is being held, he is given a tour of the facilities by Patrick Montez, a social worker. How are mental health patients treated in jail? Discuss the problems with the jail, Jamey's health and family and what this means for Jamey's time spent in jail.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)