|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex is removed from Jamey's trial, how does he feel?
2. What does Milo find on Ernie Radovic when arresting him?
3. What is Horace Souza's profession?
4. Who is mentally ill in Jamey's family?
5. What does Mainwaring leave for Alex on the day of their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
2. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
3. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
4. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
5. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
6. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
7. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
8. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
9. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
10. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)