|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with Jamey, how does Alex describe him?
2. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
3. Why does Alex make an appointment with Dr. Sarita Flowers?
4. Who is mentally ill in Jamey's family?
5. Who was given custody of Jamey when his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
2. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
3. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
4. Discuss Jamey's mother and the mental issues she had.
5. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
6. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
7. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
8. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
9. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
10. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)