|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
2. When talking with Alex, what does Dr. Flowers learn from the phone call she receives?
3. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
4. Where did Jamey first meet Digby?
5. Who does Alex agree to work for in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
2. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
3. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
6. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
7. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
8. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
9. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
10. Where is Jamey living at the end of the story and who helps him in his recovery?
Essay Topic 1
Alex reflects on Jamey's past in Chapter 3. Alex's reflection informs readers about the relationship between Jamey and himself. When Alex learns that Jamey is in love with him, the relationship between the two stops. Explain how Alex's reaction and his motivation to help Jamey are or are not connected.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
"Over the Edge" has descriptive details of the setting in the story. Describe the setting of "Over the Edge". What does the setting cause the overall feeling of the story to be? How does the setting make the characters appear? Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
This section contains 1,853 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)