|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Milo say is considered as possible suspects in the murder case?
2. If an inmate in jail is not wealthy, what are they denied?
3. Who are the officers that question Alex at his home surprised to meet during their visit?
4. Who does Dr. Flower's organize a meeting with for Alex?
5. When Alex meets with Jamey in jail in Chapter 11, what word does Jamey say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
2. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
3. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
4. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
5. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
6. What is High Power and who is said to need it?
7. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
8. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
9. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
10. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)