Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
2. When talking with Alex, what does Dr. Flowers learn from the phone call she receives?
3. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
4. Where did Jamey first meet Digby?
5. Who does Alex agree to work for in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
2. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
3. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
4. Discuss the events that happened in the deal Milo calls "The Deal Gone Wrong"?
5. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
6. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
7. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
8. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
9. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
10. Where is Jamey living at the end of the story and who helps him in his recovery?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing takes place currently throughout the story. When Jamey tries to commit suicide in jail he is said to have been talking during the incident. What does Jamey say? What explanation could there be as to what might happen later that could solve the mystery of what Jamey says during his suicide attempt?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)