|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Milo tell Alex to meet him after arresting Ernie?
2. What does Jamey's case cause to happen to Dr. Flowers's research program?
3. Where did Jamey first meet Digby?
4. What is Jamey holding when he is found at the murder scene of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute?
5. When Milo is watching Ernie, what does he see Ernie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alex goes to meet Dr. Mainwaring at his office in Chapter 14 to discuss Jamey's treatment, what events occur?
2. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
3. What is High Power and who is said to need it?
4. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
5. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
6. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
7. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
8. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
9. Describe Jamey and his past.
10. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)