|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentally ill in Jamey's family?
2. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
3. Where does Milo tell Alex to meet him after arresting Ernie?
4. What is the jail that Jamey is held in lacking?
5. What is Jamey holding when he is found at the murder scene of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
2. Who is questioned in Chapter 27 due to their involvement with Jamey and why are they questioned?
3. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
4. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
5. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
6. Describe Gary's art piece that Alex views when visiting the art gallery, Voids Will Be Voids.
7. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
8. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
9. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
10. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Alex and Jamey's friendship has gone through several changes. Discuss the ever-changing relationship between the two and the impact they have on each others lives. Support your answer by citing examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,828 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)