|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Souza ask Alex if he is willing to give at Jamey's trial?
2. What does Souza question Alex about Jamey?
3. Who is Milo's new boss mean to?
4. How old is Jamey in the story?
5. What does Alex insist on learning about Jamey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
2. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
3. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
4. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
5. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
6. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
7. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
8. Describe Jamey and his past.
9. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
10. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Alex meets Jennifer in Chapter 16 and a friendship ensues. Who is Jennifer? What do the two have in common that initiates a friendship between them? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)