|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex believe is happening to Jamey during their phone call?
2. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
3. Where does the murder of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute occur?
4. What does Alex believe may be wrong with Jamey?
5. What does Jennifer say schizophrenics do not perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Jamey living at the end of the story and who helps him in his recovery?
2. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
3. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
4. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
5. Where does Alex meet with Gary for the first time and what does Gary tell him?
6. When Alex goes to meet Dr. Mainwaring at his office in Chapter 14 to discuss Jamey's treatment, what events occur?
7. What is Lou's involvement in Bitter Canyon and how does he help Alex in the murder investigation?
8. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
9. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
10. Who is questioned in Chapter 27 due to their involvement with Jamey and why are they questioned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
This section contains 1,849 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)