|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex make an appointment with Dr. Sarita Flowers?
2. What happens twenty minutes into the first meeting between Alex and Jamey in jail?
3. What does Alex believe is happening to Jamey during their phone call?
4. What unit is Jamey held in in jail?
5. Who is Milo's new boss mean to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
2. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
3. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
4. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
5. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
6. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
7. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
8. Discuss Jamey's mother and the mental issues she had.
9. Explain what happens when Souza asks Alex if he is willing to give a diminished capacity review at Jamey's trial.
10. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, the police reveal a briefcase full of evidence as to Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey. What does the briefcase reveal and what role did the evidence play throughout the story? Use examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)