|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person is no longer a part of Dr. Flowers's program?
2. Who does Alex call at the beginning of Chapter 5 in order to find out more about Jamey?
3. Where does the meeting between Alex and Mainwaring take place?
4. Who is Ernie Radovic?
5. Where does Alex go in Chapter 10 in order to learn more about Jamey's mental state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
2. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
3. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
4. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
5. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
6. Explain what happens when Souza asks Alex if he is willing to give a diminished capacity review at Jamey's trial.
7. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
8. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
9. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
10. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a heart-felt conversation with each other. What is the conversation about? What does their conversation as well as other events throughout the story prove about their marriage? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing takes place currently throughout the story. When Jamey tries to commit suicide in jail he is said to have been talking during the incident. What does Jamey say? What explanation could there be as to what might happen later that could solve the mystery of what Jamey says during his suicide attempt?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)