|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Alex to the Chancellor estate to visit a crime scene that is being investigated?
2. What is Jamey holding when he is found at the murder scene of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute?
3. Which word best describes Alex and Jennifer's feelings about Jamey's case, following their conversation?
4. With whom does Souza set up a meeting in Chapter 15?
5. What is Alex unimpressed with regarding Jamey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
2. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
3. Describe Jamey and his past.
4. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
5. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
6. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
7. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
8. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
9. What is High Power and who is said to need it?
10. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Alex goes to the hospital to find Jamey. What does Alex say is possibly wrong with Jamey? What does Alex's visit to the hospital show about his personality and his job as a psychologist? Justify your response with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
The element of surprise is used several times in the story when readers learn the truth about who is committed what crimes against Jamey and other characters in the story. Discuss how the element of surprise is used throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the friendship between Alex and Milo. What effect does it have on the story? Are there any problems with the friendship? What makes the relationship the two have a friendship?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)