|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex make an appointment with Dr. Sarita Flowers?
2. When Milo is watching Ernie, what does he see Ernie do?
3. Who sends Alex to the Chancellor estate to visit a crime scene that is being investigated?
4. Who leads Alex around the crime scene at the Chancellor's estate that is being investigated?
5. Who is Mal in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
2. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
3. Discuss Jamey's mother and the mental issues she had.
4. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
5. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
6. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
7. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
8. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
9. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
10. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 21, Alex goes to the art gallery Voids Will Be Voids for a second time in order to get a better description of the person who bought Gary's art work. Who does Alex learn bought the art work? Discuss why this information is important to the murder case. Justify your answer with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
The element of surprise is used several times in the story when readers learn the truth about who is committed what crimes against Jamey and other characters in the story. Discuss how the element of surprise is used throughout the story.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)