|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to pick up Alex by orders of Horace Souza?
2. What does Horace Souza inform Alex about Jamey's mental state?
3. Which word best describes Alex and Jennifer's feelings about Jamey's case, following their conversation?
4. Who does Milo say is considered as possible suspects in the murder case?
5. What is Milo's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
2. Who brings up the possibility that Jamey's current mental state could be due to drugs?
3. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
4. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
5. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
6. In Chapter 15, Souza has a meeting with Heather Cadmus. What does Heather inform Souza about her relationship with Jamey?
7. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
8. What does Alex learn about Schizophrenia during his research at the ULCA Biomedical Library?
9. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
10. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a heart-felt conversation with each other. What is the conversation about? What does their conversation as well as other events throughout the story prove about their marriage? Cite examples from the text in order to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
When Alex and Jennifer research possible drugs that could possibly be being slipped to Jamey, they find information that could be crucial to the murder case and Jamey's current mental state. What information do Alex and Jennifer find during their research? How can their investigation help Jamey? Justify your answers with examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 26, Alex and Milo find Jack Cadmus's diary. Where is the diary found? What is in the diary that is so important to solving the murder case? Justify your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)