|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jamey in the story?
2. Who leaves their job at Canyon Oaks?
3. After having dinner with Robin, what does Alex find when he arrives home?
4. What happened to Milo's old boss?
5. Who sends Alex to the Chancellor estate to visit a crime scene that is being investigated?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
2. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
3. Describe the first meeting Alex has with Jamey at the jail.
4. Describe the incident that takes place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12.
5. Explain what the four people Alex meets from Project 160 have to say about Jamey.
6. Explain what happens when Souza asks Alex if he is willing to give a diminished capacity review at Jamey's trial.
7. When speaking with Alex, how does Dwight describe Jamey's childhood?
8. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
9. Describe Jamey and his past.
10. Describe the murder scene described by Souza in Chapter 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 9 reveals the family tree of the Cadmus family. The information given could lead to the understanding of why Jamey may be schizophrenic. Discuss why Jamey's family history is important to getting him out of jail and removed from the list of suspects involved in the slasher case. Cite examples from the reading in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narration of the story. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrator dependable? How could the narrator lose credit for their thoughts and opinions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Alex is given the chance to meet with Jamey in jail for the first time in Chapter 11. What happens during the meeting? What do the events that occur at the meeting show what may be going on with Jamey mentally? Give examples from the reading in order to support your answer.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)