|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Alex believe is important to solving the homicide?
(a) Gary's friendship with Jamey.
(b) Jamey's diary.
(c) Jamey's mental state.
(d) Jack's diary.
2. Where do Alex and Jennifer go in order to research drugs that could be affecting Jamey?
(a) Dwight's office.
(b) Souza's office.
(c) The library.
(d) The hospital.
3. What does Milo say he will do if Angela and Guy cooperate with the investigation?
(a) Turn them in no matter what.
(b) Keep quiet.
(c) Let them off the hook.
(d) Help them during their trials.
4. After returning home from his meeting with Milo, who does Alex call?
(b) Dr. Flowers.
5. Who does Billy get Alex a meeting with?
(a) Mr. Olden.
(b) Mr. Oberheim.
(c) Mr. Olds.
(d) Mr. Oscar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Souza goes to use the phone in order to learn about Jamey's condition?
2. Who hires a separate doctor in order to look after Jamey in jail?
3. Where did Surtees study to be a nurse?
4. Who says they did not know that Dwight's signature was a forgery?
5. Who does Alex and Milo believe is hurting Jamey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dwight's reaction to the events that led to Jamey's mental state and the people involved?
2. What does Alex and Milo learn about Bitter Canyon in Chapter 22?
3. Why does Alex drive to UCLA in Chapter 24?
4. After Alex reads Jack's diary and learns about the potential problems involving Bitter Canyon, what happens when Alex calls Lou and the Bitter Canyon bonds?
5. Who is the Fat biker and what is their involvement in the slasher case?
6. Following a suggestion from Robin, where does Alex go in the beginning of Chapter 18 and why does he go there?
7. Describe what Milo and Alex find on Radovic's boat.
8. What is Jamey's condition at the end of Chapter 25?
9. Describe what happens to Peter's will.
10. When Alex returns to the art gallery in Chapter 21, what does Alex learn about Gary's artwork that contains a book with the word diary on it?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)