|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mal in the story?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A divorce attorney.
(c) A good friend of Alex.
(d) An ex-friend of Jamey.
2. What does Milo find on Ernie Radovic when arresting him?
(a) A picture of Jamey.
(b) A picture of Alex.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun and knife.
3. Why does Heather not tell Dwight that Jamey is a homosexual?
(a) She forgot.
(b) He can't handle it.
(c) She's scared of Dwight.
(d) Dwight won't believe her.
4. What does Jennifer question about Jamey?
(a) His reasons for murdering Digby.
(b) Why Jamey was with a prostitute.
(c) The validity of his diagnosis.
(d) Why Jamey is incarcerated.
5. If an inmate in jail is not wealthy, what are they denied?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Milo is watching Ernie, what does he see Ernie do?
2. Why does Mainwaring end the meeting between Alex and himself?
3. What words describe Jamey's appearance during his first meeting with Alex in jail?
4. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
5. Who are the two officers that question Alex at his home regarding Jamey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
2. Who is Horace Souza and what happens during the first meeting he has with Alex in the story?
3. Where is Jamey living at the end of the story and who helps him in his recovery?
4. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
5. What happens when Alex goes to find Mrs. Vann in Chapter 20?
6. What is found that proves Heather's involvement in hurting Jamey?
7. Who does Alex plan to investigate on his own and what happens when he goes looking for this person?
8. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
9. Describe Jamey and his past.
10. In Chapter 20, Alex and Robin have a meaningful conversation. What is the conversation about?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)