|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jamey's restraints before he is said to escape from the hospital?
(a) They break.
(b) They are removed.
(c) They are loosened.
(d) They become rusty.
2. Where does Milo tell Alex to meet him after arresting Ernie?
(a) Golden Sun Bar.
(b) The Eagle Bar.
(c) Golden Eagle Bar.
(d) Gold Crossings Bar.
3. Why does Mainwaring end the meeting between Alex and himself?
(a) He doesn't think Alex is helpful.
(b) He believes he is being thought of as a murder suspect.
(c) He has another meeting to attend.
(d) He feels he's being interrogated.
4. What happens after Jamey speaks one word to Alex during their meeting in Chapter 11?
(a) Jamey returns to a lifeless state.
(b) Jamey tries to escape.
(c) Jamey closes his eyes.
(d) Alex speaks with Jamey about the night of the murder.
5. Who leaves their job at Canyon Oaks?
(a) The security guard.
(b) Jamey's nurse.
(d) Mrs. Vann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the jail that Jamey is held in lacking?
2. What is Jamey said to have been seen doing when in Dr. Flowers's program?
3. Who does Souza say is to blame for Jamey's downfall?
4. What happened to Milo's old boss?
5. Who is Milo's new boss mean to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the arrest of Ernie Radovic, where does Milo tell Alex to meet him and why does he choose this location?
2. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
3. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
4. Why is Alex questioned by police and what occurs during the meeting?
5. Describe the event that takes place in the middle of the night at the beginning of the story.
6. Explain the research study that Jamey was part of.
7. What does Jennifer believe is the cause of Jamey's current mental problems?
8. Discuss Jamey's mother and the mental issues she had.
9. Explain the relationship between Jamey and Alex.
10. Explain what happens when Souza asks Alex if he is willing to give a diminished capacity review at Jamey's trial.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)