|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mainwaring end the meeting between Alex and himself?
(a) He doesn't think Alex is helpful.
(b) He has another meeting to attend.
(c) He believes he is being thought of as a murder suspect.
(d) He feels he's being interrogated.
2. Who is sent to pick up Alex by orders of Horace Souza?
(a) His chauffeur, Trey.
(b) His chauffeur, Tim.
(c) His chauffeur, Tilly.
(d) His chauffeur, Tully.
3. Who does Alex agree to work for in Chapter 7?
4. What does Alex want to visit in Chapter 11?
(a) Souza's office.
(b) The crime scene of Jamey's arrest.
(c) Jamey's house.
(d) Dwight's office.
5. What type of research study is Jamey previously a part of?
(a) One for young, schizophrenic children.
(b) One for adults with highly gifted children.
(c) One for young, highly gifted children.
(d) One for adults with schizophrenic children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets up a meeting between Alex and Mainwaring?
2. Who is Mal in the story?
3. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
4. What is the jail that Jamey is held in lacking?
5. Who is Patrick Montez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emergency occurs in Chapter 17 that sends Alex rushing to the jail to see Jamey?
2. When Alex asks Souza about Jamey's progression of mental illness, what is Souza's response?
3. What happens when Souza suggests a diminished capacity plea for Jamey's upcoming murder trial?
4. Describe Jamey and his past.
5. What does Dwight inform Alex about Jamey's daily care in Chapter 11?
6. What is High Power and who is said to need it?
7. When Alex meets Milo in Chapter 13 to discuss their friendship, what does Milo talk to Alex about?
8. When Heather meets with Souza in Chapter 15, what does she tell him about her lavender dress?
9. When Alex arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 14, who does he speak with and what does the conversation entail?
10. What causes the incident to take place outside of Alex's house in Chapter 12?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)