|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Jamey's family is said to have committed suicide?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
2. What does Horace Souza inform Alex about Jamey's mental state?
(a) He's been unstable for some time.
(b) There are many things they can do to help him.
(c) There is no cure for his state of mind.
(d) He recently became unstable.
3. Who are the two officers that question Alex at his home regarding Jamey?
(a) Calvin Whitehead and Richard Cash.
(b) Johnny Tullman and Joan Jacobs.
(c) Billy Sampson and Emily Watson.
(d) Bruce Harrison and Matthew Kidd.
4. Who's permission does Alex ask of in order to visit a specific location in Chapter 11?
(b) Dr. Flower's.
(c) Dr. Mainwaring.
(d) Jamey's nurse.
5. What does Mainwaring leave for Alex on the day of their meeting?
(a) A piece of evidence from the murder.
(b) A note.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A file.
6. Where does the murder of Digby Chancellor and a male prostitute occur?
(a) Jamey's house.
(b) Digby Chancellor's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hotel room.
7. What words describe Jamey's appearance during his first meeting with Alex in jail?
(a) Skinny and downtrodden.
(b) Fat and incoherent.
(c) Young and sad.
(d) Smelly and loud.
8. What is Alex unimpressed with regarding Jamey?
(a) His regression.
(b) His treatment.
(c) His speaking ability.
(d) His progress.
9. What does Jennifer question about Jamey?
(a) Why Jamey was with a prostitute.
(b) His reasons for murdering Digby.
(c) The validity of his diagnosis.
(d) Why Jamey is incarcerated.
10. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
(a) A knife.
(b) An orange dress.
(c) A lavendar dress.
11. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
12. Why does Alex make an appointment with Dr. Sarita Flowers?
(a) To learn more about her work.
(b) To discuss Jamey's case.
(c) To learn more about her knowledge on schizophrenia.
(d) To discuss her newest research project.
13. Where does Alex go in Chapter 10 in order to learn more about Jamey's mental state?
(a) The jail.
(b) Jamey's uncle's house.
(c) Dr. Flower's office.
(d) Biomedical library.
14. Where does the meeting between Alex and Mainwaring take place?
(a) Souza's office.
(b) Canyon Oaks.
(c) Mainwaring's office.
(d) Alex's library.
15. Who is mentally ill in Jamey's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Jamey speaks one word to Alex during their meeting in Chapter 11?
2. What does Alex believe is happening to Jamey during their phone call?
3. Who is Ernie Radovic?
4. Who does Souza say is to blame for Jamey's downfall?
5. When Mainwaring sees Alex at the hospital, what does he demand of him?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)