|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sets up a meeting between Alex and Mainwaring?
2. Where does Alex go in Chapter 10 in order to learn more about Jamey's mental state?
(a) Dr. Flower's office.
(b) Biomedical library.
(c) Jamey's uncle's house.
(d) The jail.
3. Who is sent to pick up Alex by orders of Horace Souza?
(a) His chauffeur, Tim.
(b) His chauffeur, Trey.
(c) His chauffeur, Tilly.
(d) His chauffeur, Tully.
4. Who leaves their job at Canyon Oaks?
(a) Jamey's nurse.
(b) The security guard.
(d) Mrs. Vann.
5. How is Jamey said to have first viewed Heather?
(a) As being suspicious.
(b) As a wonderful mother.
(c) As an evil stepmother.
(d) As upsetting.
6. When Alex is at home, what does he hear outside of his house?
(d) A car horn.
7. What does Dwight say prevented Jamey from having traditional schooling and normal social interaction?
(a) His oddness.
(b) His violent personality.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His hate of others.
8. Which person is no longer a part of Dr. Flowers's program?
9. Which word best describes Jamey's voice when he speaks with Alex?
10. Why does Mainwaring end the meeting between Alex and himself?
(a) He doesn't think Alex is helpful.
(b) He has another meeting to attend.
(c) He feels he's being interrogated.
(d) He believes he is being thought of as a murder suspect.
11. Who does Souza say is to blame for Jamey's downfall?
(c) Digby Chancellor.
(d) Jamey's family.
12. What does Alex realize he is unable to do for Jamey during Jamey's upcoming trial?
(a) Help Jamey get out of jail.
(b) Accurately explain Jamey's Schizophrenic disorder.
(c) Express that Jamey is not a murderer.
(d) Correctly determine Jamey's mental state.
13. What words describe Jamey's appearance during his first meeting with Alex in jail?
(a) Fat and incoherent.
(b) Smelly and loud.
(c) Young and sad.
(d) Skinny and downtrodden.
14. What does Horace Souza inform Alex about Jamey's mental state?
(a) There are many things they can do to help him.
(b) He recently became unstable.
(c) He's been unstable for some time.
(d) There is no cure for his state of mind.
15. When Mainwaring sees Alex at the hospital, what does he demand of him?
(a) His files.
(b) His knowledge of Jamey.
(c) His identity.
(d) His help.
Short Answer Questions
1. After having dinner with Robin, what does Alex find when he arrives home?
2. What time does the phone call from Jamey occur at the beginning of the story?
3. How long does Milo tell Alex that Radovic will be in jail?
4. What happens after Jamey speaks one word to Alex during their meeting in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Milo say is considered as possible suspects in the murder case?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)