|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After having dinner with Robin, what does Alex find when he arrives home?
(a) A letter from Horace Souza.
(c) The police.
(d) A letter from Jamey.
2. Who is Patrick Montez?
(a) A social worker at the jail.
(b) A nurse at the jail.
(c) A security guard at the jail.
(d) An inmate of Jamey's at the jail.
3. What does Heather say Jamey stole from her?
(a) An orange dress.
(b) A knife.
(c) A lavendar dress.
4. How does Jamey hurt himself while in jail?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Cuts himself with a paper clip.
(c) Continues to kick the wall.
(d) Bangs his head against the wall.
5. What is Alex unimpressed with regarding Jamey?
(a) His speaking ability.
(b) His treatment.
(c) His progress.
(d) His regression.
6. Who does Alex call at the beginning of Chapter 5 in order to find out more about Jamey?
(b) The hospital.
(d) Horace Souza.
7. What does Alex realize he is unable to do for Jamey during Jamey's upcoming trial?
(a) Correctly determine Jamey's mental state.
(b) Accurately explain Jamey's Schizophrenic disorder.
(c) Express that Jamey is not a murderer.
(d) Help Jamey get out of jail.
8. Who leads Alex around the crime scene at the Chancellor's estate that is being investigated?
(a) Jonah Cash.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Richard Cash.
(d) Lamar Cash.
9. Who sends Alex to the Chancellor estate to visit a crime scene that is being investigated?
10. Who is Ernie Radovic?
(a) Milo's work partner.
(b) Jamey's best friend.
(c) The Chancellor's body guard.
(d) An ex-con.
11. What does Jennifer question about Jamey?
(a) His reasons for murdering Digby.
(b) The validity of his diagnosis.
(c) Why Jamey was with a prostitute.
(d) Why Jamey is incarcerated.
12. While talking with Alex, who does Dr. Flowers receive an alarming phone call from?
13. Who does Souza say is to blame for Jamey's downfall?
(b) Jamey's family.
(c) Digby Chancellor.
14. Which word best describes Alex and Jennifer's feelings about Jamey's case, following their conversation?
15. What does Mainwaring leave for Alex on the day of their meeting?
(a) A note.
(b) A piece of evidence from the murder.
(c) A file.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex talk to Robin about when arriving home in Chapter 14?
2. What happens twenty minutes into the first meeting between Alex and Jamey in jail?
3. Where is Alex when he receives a phone call at the beginning of the story?
4. What happened to Milo's old boss?
5. What does Souza ask Alex if he is willing to give at Jamey's trial?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)