Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
2. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
3. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
4. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
5. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
Describe the setting of the novel. What time period is it, and what type of place do the characters live in? What activities, slang, etc. "date" the novel? What impact does this setting have on present-day readers? Is it more difficult to connect with the characters? What significance does the setting have to the events of the novel? Could the events have just as easily happened today? Why or why not?
Write a critical analysis of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" as it relates to The Outsiders.
Discuss the relationships between the Curtis brothers. What is Ponyboy's relationship with Darry like? With Soda? How do these relationships change throughout the novel? What events change these relationships, and how?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)