Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
2. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
3. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
4. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
5. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the novel. What time period is it, and what type of place do the characters live in? What activities, slang, etc. "date" the novel? What impact does this setting have on present-day readers? Is it more difficult to connect with the characters? What significance does the setting have to the events of the novel? Could the events have just as easily happened today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a critical analysis of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" as it relates to The Outsiders.
Essay Topic 3
Compare The Outsiders to a similar rivalry story. Discuss how violence & friendships that arise between the groups, etc. are handled in each story.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)