Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
2. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
3. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
4. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
5. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the novel. What time period is it, and what type of place do the characters live in? What activities, slang, etc. "date" the novel? What impact does this setting have on present-day readers? Is it more difficult to connect with the characters? What significance does the setting have to the events of the novel? Could the events have just as easily happened today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different characters' beliefs about violence. What events shape or change their view of violence? Do they think it's a necessary evil?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the characters in the novel are united by a sense of belonging or wanting to belong. How is Johnny's story specifically reflective of this?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)