|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
2. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
3. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
4. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
5. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Write a critical analysis of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" as it relates to The Outsiders.
Essay Topic 2
What elements in the novel make the story more real? Discuss elements like point of view, characters, and how thematic elements like violence are handled.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how The Outsiders can be considered a "coming of age" story. How do the main characters mature?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)