|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
2. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
3. Who does Ponyboy love the most out of anyone?
4. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
5. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy go after Cherry and Marcia leave with the Socs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
2. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
3. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
4. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
5. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
6. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
7. Why does Cherry act as a spy for the greasers?
8. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
9. What does Ponyboy tell Cherry and the others about Darry as they are walking to Two-Bit's house?
10. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the characters in the novel are united by a sense of belonging or wanting to belong. How is Johnny's story specifically reflective of this?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Johnny's growth throughout the story. What events contribute to his maturity and change the way he looks at life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationships between the Curtis brothers. What is Ponyboy's relationship with Darry like? With Soda? How do these relationships change throughout the novel? What events change these relationships, and how?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)