Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
2. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
3. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
4. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
5. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dally get to the rumble?
2. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
3. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
4. What injuries do Ponyboy and Johnny sustain in the fire?
5. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
6. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
7. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
8. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
9. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
10. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
Write a critical analysis of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" as it relates to The Outsiders.
Discuss the relationships between the Curtis brothers. What is Ponyboy's relationship with Darry like? With Soda? How do these relationships change throughout the novel? What events change these relationships, and how?
Describe Johnny's growth throughout the story. What events contribute to his maturity and change the way he looks at life?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)