|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
2. Dally says the greasers have a spy on their side. Who is it?
3. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
4. Where do Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit walk to with Cherry and Marcia after they leave the movies?
5. Where is Dallas Winston from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
2. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
3. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
4. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
5. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
6. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
7. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
8. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
9. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
10. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of social and/or class division in the novel. Is the rivalry senseless? What motivates the rivalry between groups?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dally as the hero or martyr of the novel. What heroic behaviors does he display? Why do the younger boys look up to him? What can they learn from his life?
Essay Topic 3
Write a critical analysis of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" as it relates to The Outsiders.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)