|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
2. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too jealous.
(b) She kissed Ponyboy.
(c) She wants to marry Soda.
(d) She returns his letters unopened.
3. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That they should call his mom.
(b) That his room is empty.
(c) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(d) That Ponyboy should go home.
4. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Carves wood.
(c) Talks to Cherry.
5. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
2. Who crawls into bed with Ponyboy and falls asleep with him in Chapter 10?
3. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
4. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
5. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
2. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
3. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
4. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
5. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
6. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
7. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
8. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
9. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
10. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)