|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
(a) By storming out of the house.
(b) By yelling at Darry.
(c) By telling Darry he will try to be more careful.
(d) By cleaning his room.
2. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Carves wood.
(c) Talks to Cherry.
3. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
4. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
5. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
2. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
3. Whose picture does Ponyboy come across while reading in bed after the rumble?
4. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
5. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
2. How does Dally get to the rumble?
3. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
4. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
5. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
6. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
7. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
8. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
9. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
10. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)