|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
2. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
3. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That they should call his mom.
(b) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(c) That Ponyboy should go home.
(d) That his room is empty.
4. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(b) His mother.
(d) The doctor.
5. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
(a) Cherry and Marcia.
(b) Soda and Sandy.
(c) Randy and Darry.
(d) Steve and Two-Bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
2. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
3. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
4. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
5. Who shoots Dally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
2. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
3. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
4. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
5. Explain how Dally dies.
6. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
7. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
8. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
9. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
10. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)