|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Buck Merrill drive?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A T-Bird.
2. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) With Two-Bit's knife.
(b) By paying her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
3. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) It drives him crazy.
(d) He enjoys it.
4. What do Two-Bit and Ponyboy do before going back to the hospital?
(a) Steal a car.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Eat lunch.
5. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
(a) If he likes school and living with Darry.
(b) If he likes Cherry.
(c) If he is a criminal.
(d) If he killed Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the rumble?
2. What does Johnny want Two-Bit to go get for him in Chapter 8?
3. Who shoots Dally?
4. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
5. Who is sleeping in the chair beside Ponyboy when he wakes up in Chapter 10 after the rumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
2. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
3. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
4. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
5. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
6. Explain how Dally dies.
7. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
8. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
9. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
10. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)