|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
(a) To go get Soda.
(b) Not to tell anyone he is sick.
(c) To take him home.
(d) To give him a knife.
2. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Killed a boy.
(b) Stolen a car.
(c) Burned a house down.
(d) Robbed a store.
3. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
(d) Steve and Two-Bit.
4. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
(a) Cherry and Marcia.
(b) Soda and Sandy.
(c) Steve and Two-Bit.
(d) Randy and Darry.
5. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
2. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
3. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
4. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
5. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ponyboy realize that Johnny is dying?
2. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
3. Explain how Dally dies.
4. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
5. How does Dally get to the rumble?
6. How does the rumble get started?
7. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
8. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
9. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
10. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)