|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
2. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) He beat them up in the rumble.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They think he is a snob.
(d) They say he killed their friend.
3. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(b) Getting too excited.
4. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(b) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(c) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(d) She says they are going to bring guns.
5. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
2. Where does Dally make the cops chase him to?
3. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
4. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
5. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
2. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
3. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
4. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
5. How does the rumble get started?
6. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
7. Explain how Dally dies.
8. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
9. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
10. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)