|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(b) The doctor.
(d) His mother.
2. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She kissed Ponyboy.
(b) She returns his letters unopened.
(c) She is too jealous.
(d) She wants to marry Soda.
3. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
(a) That Johnny will be okay.
(b) That his mom is there.
(c) That Soda is on the way.
(d) That Johnny is going home that day.
4. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(b) Dally's father.
(c) Johnny's mother.
(d) The doctor.
5. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't lose fights.
(b) You don't get hurt.
(c) You don't cry.
(d) You don't get stepped on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who crawls into bed with Ponyboy and falls asleep with him in Chapter 10?
2. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
3. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
4. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
5. What does Soda want to do after the big rumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
2. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
3. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
4. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
5. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
6. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
7. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
8. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
9. How does Dally get to the rumble?
10. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)