|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ponyboy and Soda supposed to do if the cops show up at the rumble?
(a) Shoot at them.
(c) Hide behind him.
(d) Take off.
2. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Johnny's mother.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Dally's father.
3. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
4. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
(a) Stay gold.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Run away from home.
(d) Stay true to himself.
5. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
(b) Kill someone.
(d) Pull a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
2. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
3. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
4. Who crawls into bed with Ponyboy and falls asleep with him in Chapter 10?
5. When he reads the newspaper stories about the fire, where does Ponyboy learn that he has to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
2. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
3. Explain how Dally dies.
4. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
5. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
6. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
7. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
8. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
9. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
10. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)