|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
2. Who wins the rumble?
(a) The greasers.
(b) No one.
(c) The police.
(d) The Socs.
3. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(a) A stab wound that got infected.
(b) Getting kicked in the head.
(d) A gunshot.
4. What does Soda want to do after the big rumble?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Move away.
(c) Put Ponyboy in a home.
(d) Get married.
5. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That his room is empty.
(b) That they should call his mom.
(c) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(d) That Ponyboy should go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Ponyboy reads while confined to his bed?
2. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
3. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
4. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
5. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
2. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
3. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
4. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
5. How does Dally get to the rumble?
6. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
7. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
8. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
9. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
10. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)