|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sleeping in the chair beside Ponyboy when he wakes up in Chapter 10 after the rumble?
2. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Robbed a store.
(b) Stolen a car.
(c) Burned a house down.
(d) Killed a boy.
3. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
4. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
5. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
(a) To pass his English class.
(b) Because he missed too much school.
(c) Because Darry wants him to.
(d) Because his teacher does not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
2. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
3. Who wins the rumble?
4. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
5. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
2. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
3. How does the rumble get started?
4. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
5. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
6. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
7. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
8. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
9. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
10. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)