|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Talks to Cherry.
(d) Carves wood.
2. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
(c) Pull a gun.
(d) Kill someone.
3. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A poem.
(c) His blade.
(d) A gun.
4. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
5. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
2. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
3. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
4. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
5. What are Ponyboy and Soda supposed to do if the cops show up at the rumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
2. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
3. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
4. Explain how Dally dies.
5. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
6. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
7. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
8. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
9. How does Dally get to the rumble?
10. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)