|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
(a) Soda will not come pick him up.
(b) Ponyboy wants to be alone.
(c) Dally will not leave the hospital.
(d) Dally had taken the car.
2. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
3. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
4. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
5. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
2. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
3. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
4. How does Ponyboy want to make Darry proud?
5. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
2. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
3. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
4. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
5. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
6. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
7. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
8. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
9. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
10. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)