|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the rumble to take place?
(a) The school.
(b) Ponyboy's back yard.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The hospital.
2. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) All weekend.
(d) A week.
3. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He has been shot.
(d) He has cancer.
4. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) With Two-Bit's knife.
(b) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) By paying her.
5. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Carves wood.
(b) Writes letters.
(c) Talks to Cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
2. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
3. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
4. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
5. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
2. How does Dally get to the rumble?
3. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
4. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
5. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
6. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
7. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
8. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
9. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
10. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)