|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) The day after Randy visits.
(b) In the summer.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) The following month.
2. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(b) A stab wound that got infected.
(c) Getting kicked in the head.
(d) A gunshot.
3. When he reads the newspaper stories about the fire, where does Ponyboy learn that he has to go?
(a) Juvenile court.
(b) Back to school.
(d) The hospital.
4. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
(b) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(c) Because she slaps him.
(d) Because she is dating Randy.
5. Who crawls into bed with Ponyboy and falls asleep with him in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the rumble to take place?
2. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
3. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
4. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
5. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
2. How does Dally get to the rumble?
3. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
4. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
5. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
6. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
7. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
8. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
9. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
10. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)