|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ponyboy want to make Darry proud?
(a) By saving Darry's life.
(b) By staying out of the rumble.
(c) By killing Randy.
(d) By fighting well in the rumble.
2. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
3. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
(a) If he likes Cherry.
(b) If he likes school and living with Darry.
(c) If he killed Bob.
(d) If he is a criminal.
4. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Burned a house down.
(b) Robbed a store.
(c) Stolen a car.
(d) Killed a boy.
5. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She wants to marry Soda.
(b) She is too jealous.
(c) She kissed Ponyboy.
(d) She returns his letters unopened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
3. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
4. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
5. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
2. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
3. What makes Ponyboy realize that Johnny is dying?
4. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
5. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
6. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
7. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
8. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
9. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
10. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)