|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(b) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(c) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(d) She says they are going to bring guns.
2. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
(c) Ponyboy's doctor.
3. Whose picture does Ponyboy come across while reading in bed after the rumble?
4. Who is sleeping in the chair beside Ponyboy when he wakes up in Chapter 10 after the rumble?
5. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A letter from Johnny.
(b) A knife.
(c) A picture of Cherry.
(d) A note from his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
2. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
3. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
4. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
5. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
2. How does Dally get to the rumble?
3. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
4. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
5. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
6. What happens at Ponyboy's court hearing?
7. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
8. How does the rumble get started?
9. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
10. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)