|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(b) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(c) She says they are going to bring guns.
(d) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
2. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
3. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(b) Johnny's mother.
(d) The doctor.
4. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't get stepped on.
(b) You don't get hurt.
(c) You don't lose fights.
(d) You don't cry.
5. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
2. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
3. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
4. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
5. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
2. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
3. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
4. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
5. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
6. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
7. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
8. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
9. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
10. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)