|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dally make the cops chase him to?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) His house.
(c) The school.
(d) The hospital.
2. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) All weekend.
3. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) With Two-Bit's knife.
(c) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
(d) By paying her.
4. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
5. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
(b) Because she slaps him.
(c) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(d) Because she is dating Randy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
2. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
3. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
4. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
5. What is one of the things Ponyboy reads while confined to his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ponyboy realize that Johnny is dying?
2. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
3. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
4. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
5. How does the rumble get started?
6. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
7. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
8. What happens when the police pull Dally and Ponyboy over as they are on the way to the hospital?
9. What does Dally ask Two-Bit for in the hospital?
10. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)