|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
2. How does Ponyboy want to make Darry proud?
(a) By killing Randy.
(b) By staying out of the rumble.
(c) By fighting well in the rumble.
(d) By saving Darry's life.
3. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she is dating Randy.
(b) Because she slaps him.
(c) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(d) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
4. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(c) Darry and Soda.
5. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
2. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
3. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
4. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
5. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rumble get started?
2. What does Soda say to Ponyboy and Darry about their fighting?
3. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
4. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
5. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
6. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
7. Explain how Dally dies.
8. What makes Ponyboy think about Bob in Chapter 11?
9. What prognosis do the doctors give Johnny?
10. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)