|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
(c) His mom.
(d) The nurse.
2. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(b) Dally's father.
(c) Johnny's mother.
(d) The doctor.
3. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(d) Darry and Soda.
4. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(b) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(c) She says they are going to bring guns.
(d) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
5. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) To hide from the police.
(b) To get some money.
(c) They get kicked out of the hospital.
(d) To get some rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
2. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
3. Who is sleeping in the chair beside Ponyboy when he wakes up in Chapter 10 after the rumble?
4. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
5. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
2. What does Ponyboy do to pass the time while he is bedridden?
3. How does the rumble get started?
4. Explain how Dally dies.
5. How does Dally get to the rumble?
6. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
7. Why is Ponyboy sick after the rumble?
8. What does Randy tell Ponyboy when he asks to talk to him alone?
9. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
10. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)