|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
(a) A man walks up behind them.
(b) Someone calls Ponyboy's name.
(c) They hear a car horn.
(d) A child is on the swingset.
2. Why does Cherry decide to leave with the Socs instead of walking with Ponyboy and the greasers?
(a) She doesn't want a fight to start.
(b) She is in love with Bob.
(c) She is scared of the greasers.
(d) She is tired.
3. What is the source of the money that Ponyboy and Johnny get from Dally?
(a) It is Soda's savings.
(b) Cherry gives them the money.
(c) It is Johnny's piggy bank money.
(d) It is Buck Merrill's rodeo winnings.
4. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
(a) Jay Mountain.
(d) Behind the park.
5. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A car.
(c) They need to call the police.
(d) Money, a gun, and a plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
2. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
3. What color is the hair of the girl Ponyboy talks to at the drive-in?
4. Where do Steve and Soda work?
5. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
2. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
3. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
4. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
5. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
6. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
7. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
8. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
9. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
10. What does Dally do when Johnny asks if his parents are worried about him?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)