|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
(a) Yelling at Jerry.
(c) Paying his doctor bills.
(d) Sneaking out of the hospital.
2. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(b) His mom.
3. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
4. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They were killed in a car wreck.
(b) The moved to another town.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They lost all their money in the stock market.
5. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
(b) His mom's house.
(c) Taco Bell.
(d) Dairy Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ponyboy and Johnny think can help them after the fight in the park?
2. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
3. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
5. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
2. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
3. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
4. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
5. What do Johnny and Ponyboy talk about one morning while watching the sunrise?
6. What does Dally do when Johnny asks if his parents are worried about him?
7. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
8. What does Ponyboy tell Cherry and the others about Darry as they are walking to Two-Bit's house?
9. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
10. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)