|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) Ponyboy's hair.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The falling leaves.
(d) The windows of the church.
2. How did Soda know that Dally knew where Ponyboy was?
(a) Cherry told him.
(b) Ponyboy called Soda and told him to talk to Dally.
(c) Soda saw Ponyboy's sweatshirt at Buck's house.
(d) Dally told him.
3. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
(a) They write letters to family.
(b) They build a fort.
(c) They watch movies.
(d) They read Gone With the Wind.
4. Who slaps Ponyboy after he says something hurtful to Johnny?
5. Why does Ponyboy run into the church during the fire?
(a) To save his parents.
(b) To get his book.
(c) To save the kids from the fire.
(d) To hide from the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ponyboy and Johnny think can help them after the fight in the park?
2. How do Ponyboy and Johnny get to where they are going after leaving Dally's house?
3. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
4. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
5. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
2. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
3. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
4. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
5. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
6. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
7. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
8. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
9. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
10. What happens when Ponyboy comes home late in Chapter 3?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)