|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(b) That they are greasers.
(c) That they are his friends.
(d) That they are Soda and Darry.
2. Who does Ponyboy and Johnny think can help them after the fight in the park?
3. What does Ponyboy try not to do after he gets jumped?
(b) Fight back.
(c) Scream for help.
(d) Run away.
4. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
(a) A child is on the swingset.
(b) Someone calls Ponyboy's name.
(c) They hear a car horn.
(d) A man walks up behind them.
5. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
(a) Clark Gable.
(b) Paul Newman.
(c) Rock Hudson.
(d) Gary Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
2. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
3. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
4. Who invites Ponyboy and Johnny to sit with them at the drive-in?
5. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ponyboy comes home late in Chapter 3?
2. How does Ponyboy act tough at the grocery store?
3. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
4. Why do Johnny and Ponyboy go find Dally after the fight in the park?
5. Why does Cherry act as a spy for the greasers?
6. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
7. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
8. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
9. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
10. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)