|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) Money, a gun, and a plan.
(b) An alibi.
(c) A car.
(d) They need to call the police.
2. According to Ponyboy's brother, what is one of Ponyboy's bad habits?
(b) Not thinking.
(c) Talking back.
(d) Biting his nails.
3. What do the Socs do to Ponyboy at the park?
(a) Hit him with their car.
(b) Chase him out of the park.
(c) Shove his face in the fountain.
(d) Push him to the ground and kick him.
4. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If anyone followed him.
(b) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(c) If Dally will take him home.
(d) If Bob is okay.
5. What is the source of the money that Ponyboy and Johnny get from Dally?
(a) Cherry gives them the money.
(b) It is Buck Merrill's rodeo winnings.
(c) It is Johnny's piggy bank money.
(d) It is Soda's savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dally to leave the Soc girls alone?
2. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
3. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
5. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
2. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
3. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
4. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
5. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
6. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
7. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
8. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
9. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
10. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)