|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ponyboy think Darry would do to him if Soda would let him?
(a) Put him in a home.
(b) Buy him a car.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Take him to another town.
2. In Chapter 2, Ponyboy, Johnny, and the other greasers sneak into which of the following?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The drive-in.
(c) The school.
(d) Johnny's house.
3. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
4. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friends.
5. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She throws a coke in his face.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
3. Who tells Dally to leave the Soc girls alone?
4. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
5. Where do Steve and Soda work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
2. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
3. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
4. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
5. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
6. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
7. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
8. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
9. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
10. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)