|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Ponyboy tell Cherry when they are getting snacks at the drive-in?
(a) He tells her about how Johnny got badly hurt in a fight.
(b) He tells her a made up story about two teenagers who fall in love.
(c) He tells her how he got his scars.
(d) He tells her about how his parents died.
2. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
(a) It is a challenge.
(b) They have been kicked out already.
(c) They don't have the money to pay their way in.
(d) They don't want anyone to see them.
3. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
(a) 6:00 am.
(c) 2:30 am.
(d) 10:00 pm.
4. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
(b) His father.
(c) A horse.
(d) Robert Redford.
5. What part of town is Ponyboy from?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) The East side.
(c) The suburbs.
(d) The West side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
2. Who is in the ambulance with Ponyboy?
3. According to Dally, where do the cops think Ponyboy and Johnny are headed?
4. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
5. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
2. What does Ponyboy tell Cherry and the others about Darry as they are walking to Two-Bit's house?
3. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
4. What do the newspaper articles say about Ponyboy?
5. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
6. Why does Cherry act as a spy for the greasers?
7. What makes Ponyboy realize that Johnny is dying?
8. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
9. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
10. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)