|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
(a) Paul Newman.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Gary Cooper.
(d) Rock Hudson.
2. Why are there children at the church in Chapter 6?
(a) They are picking flowers.
(b) They are having a picnic.
(c) They are going to Sunday school.
(d) They are looking for Johnny.
3. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
(a) Dally's house.
(b) Buck Merrill's house.
(c) Johnny's house.
(d) Ponyboy's house.
4. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Black Beauty.
5. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) He passes out from shock.
(b) Someone punches him.
(c) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
(d) He fell out a window and hit his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the ambulance with Ponyboy?
2. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
3. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
4. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
5. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dally do when Johnny asks if his parents are worried about him?
2. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
3. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
4. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
5. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
6. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
7. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
8. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
9. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
10. Why does Cherry act as a spy for the greasers?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)