|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
(a) A horse.
(b) Robert Redford.
(d) His father.
2. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He is in a police car.
(b) He can't find Johnny.
(c) He is wearing handcuffs.
(d) He hears the ambulance siren.
3. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
(a) Money and a gun.
(b) A gun.
(c) The phone number of someone who can help.
(d) A car.
4. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) Ponyboy's hair.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The falling leaves.
(d) The windows of the church.
5. Why is Ponyboy embarrassed by Dally when they sit near the Soc girls?
(a) Dally is talking dirty and loudly.
(b) Dally is not wearing a shirt.
(c) Dally gets in a fight with Soda.
(d) Dally is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to makes Ponyboy nervous as he is leaving the movies?
2. What is Dallas Winston's nickname?
3. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
4. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
5. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
2. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
3. What is Ponyboy's reaction to cutting and dyeing his hair?
4. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
5. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
6. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
7. Why do Johnny and Ponyboy go find Dally after the fight in the park?
8. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
9. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
10. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)