|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
(a) Johnny kills Bob.
(b) Ponyboy drowns.
(c) Johnny shoots Ponyboy.
(d) Randy gets stabbed.
2. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
(a) At home.
(b) Inside the church.
(c) In another ambulance.
(d) In jail.
3. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Cherry and Marcia.
(c) Bob, Randy, and three more Socs.
4. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy go after Cherry and Marcia leave with the Socs?
(b) The vacant lot.
(c) The movies.
5. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
(b) 2:30 am.
(c) 6:00 am.
(d) 10:00 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Johnny bring to the church for Ponyboy?
2. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
3. Why does Ponyboy run into the church during the fire?
4. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
5. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
2. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
3. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
4. Why do Johnny and Ponyboy go find Dally after the fight in the park?
5. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
6. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
7. What is Ponyboy's reaction to cutting and dyeing his hair?
8. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
9. What does Ponyboy tell Cherry and the others about Darry as they are walking to Two-Bit's house?
10. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)