|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
(a) With Soda.
(b) At the front of the classroom.
(c) In the front row.
(d) Near the concession stand.
2. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
(a) The kids.
(b) He and Johnny.
(c) The Socs.
3. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
(a) They have been kicked out already.
(b) They don't have the money to pay their way in.
(c) It is a challenge.
(d) They don't want anyone to see them.
4. Why doesn't Dally want Johnny to go to jail?
(a) Because Ponyboy will be alone without Johnny.
(b) Because Johnny is too young.
(c) Because Dally wants to teach him a lesson.
(d) Because jail will harden Johnny.
5. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) The car runs out of gas.
(b) They are grounded.
(c) Someone steals their car.
(d) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit walk to with Cherry and Marcia after they leave the movies?
2. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
3. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
4. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
5. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
2. What do Johnny and Ponyboy talk about one morning while watching the sunrise?
3. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
4. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
5. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
6. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
7. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
8. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
9. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
10. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)