|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
(a) Ponyboy drowns.
(b) Randy gets stabbed.
(c) Johnny shoots Ponyboy.
(d) Johnny kills Bob.
2. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He is in a police car.
(b) He hears the ambulance siren.
(c) He can't find Johnny.
(d) He is wearing handcuffs.
3. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her brother.
4. How many brothers does Ponyboy have?
5. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
(a) Sandy and Marcia.
(b) Jennifer and Mary.
(c) Whitney and Barbara.
(d) Sherri and Marcia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ponyboy awakens in the church, where does he try to pretend to be?
2. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
3. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
4. Who jumps Ponyboy when he is walking home from the movie theater?
5. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
2. What does Dally do when Johnny asks if his parents are worried about him?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
4. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
5. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
6. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
7. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
8. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
9. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
10. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)