Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
(a) Back home.
(b) To get the police.
(c) To get supplies.
(d) To call his parents.
2. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) Someone punches him.
(b) He fell out a window and hit his head.
(c) He passes out from shock.
(d) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
3. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(b) If Dally will take him home.
(c) If anyone followed him.
(d) If Bob is okay.
4. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
(a) That it was self-defense.
(b) That he is not really dead.
(c) That Ponyboy killed Bob.
(d) That she killed Bob.
5. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
2. How did Soda know that Dally knew where Ponyboy was?
3. What does Dally offer the Soc girls?
4. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
5. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dally get to the rumble?
2. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
3. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
4. What injuries do Ponyboy and Johnny sustain in the fire?
5. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
6. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
7. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
8. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
9. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
10. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)