|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The corn field.
(b) The church.
(c) The school.
(d) Dally's house.
2. Why doesn't Dally want Johnny to go to jail?
(a) Because Johnny is too young.
(b) Because Dally wants to teach him a lesson.
(c) Because jail will harden Johnny.
(d) Because Ponyboy will be alone without Johnny.
3. Who is the only person who can tease Darry?
(c) His father.
4. What story does Ponyboy tell Cherry when they are getting snacks at the drive-in?
(a) He tells her about how Johnny got badly hurt in a fight.
(b) He tells her how he got his scars.
(c) He tells her about how his parents died.
(d) He tells her a made up story about two teenagers who fall in love.
5. According to Dally, where do the cops think Ponyboy and Johnny are headed?
(a) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy try not to do after he gets jumped?
2. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
3. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
4. Cherry tells Ponyboy that he is the type of person who ________________.
5. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
2. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
3. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
4. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
5. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
6. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
7. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
8. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
9. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
10. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)