|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Soda attend school?
(a) He got expelled.
(b) He graduated.
(c) He dropped out.
(d) He is home-schooled.
2. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A Honda.
3. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Sitting in a classroom.
(b) Kissing a girl.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Leaving a movie theater.
4. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
(a) Ponyboy's house.
(b) Dally's house.
(c) Johnny's house.
(d) Buck Merrill's house.
5. What part of town is Ponyboy from?
(a) The suburbs.
(b) The West side.
(c) The ghetto.
(d) The East side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
2. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
3. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
4. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
5. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
2. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
3. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
4. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
5. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
6. What do Johnny and Ponyboy talk about one morning while watching the sunrise?
7. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
8. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
9. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
10. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)