|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Stealing a car.
(c) Slashing someone's tires.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
2. Who does Ponyboy love the most out of anyone?
(b) His parents.
3. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
4. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do in Chapter 5 to disguise themselves?
(a) Grow moustaches.
(b) Wear masks.
(c) Cut and dye their hair.
(d) Dress like Socs.
5. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
(a) In another ambulance.
(b) In jail.
(c) At home.
(d) Inside the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy say to hurt Johnny's feelings when they are walking home from the drive-in?
2. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
3. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
4. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
5. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
2. What does Ponyboy realize that he has in common with Cherry?
3. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
4. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
5. What is Ponyboy's reaction to cutting and dyeing his hair?
6. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
7. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
8. Why does Cherry act as a spy for the greasers?
9. What do Johnny and Ponyboy talk about one morning while watching the sunrise?
10. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)