|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do in Chapter 5 to disguise themselves?
(a) Grow moustaches.
(b) Dress like Socs.
(c) Wear masks.
(d) Cut and dye their hair.
2. What does Johnny think he and Ponyboy should do instead of hiding out in the church?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Go to Mexico.
(c) Call their parents.
(d) Rent a motel room.
3. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A police report.
(d) A letter from Soda.
4. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
(a) To get the police.
(b) To get supplies.
(c) Back home.
(d) To call his parents.
5. What do the rich kids call Ponyboy and his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy try not to do after he gets jumped?
2. Who jumps Ponyboy when he is walking home from the movie theater?
3. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
4. Cherry tells Ponyboy that he is the type of person who ________________.
5. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
2. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
3. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
4. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
5. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
6. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
7. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
8. Describe the fight between the greasers and the Socs that occurs when Ponyboy is walking home from the movies.
9. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
10. Explain how Ponyboy and Johnny are heroic during the fire.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)