|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
(a) Behind the park.
(d) Jay Mountain.
2. How did Soda know that Dally knew where Ponyboy was?
(a) Dally told him.
(b) Ponyboy called Soda and told him to talk to Dally.
(c) Soda saw Ponyboy's sweatshirt at Buck's house.
(d) Cherry told him.
3. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
(a) Sherri and Marcia.
(b) Whitney and Barbara.
(c) Jennifer and Mary.
(d) Sandy and Marcia.
4. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
(a) A concussion and bad burns.
(b) A broken neck.
(c) A broken back and 3rd degree burns.
(d) Two broken legs.
5. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A car.
(c) Money, a gun, and a plan.
(d) They need to call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ponyboy awakens in the church, where does he try to pretend to be?
2. According to Ponyboy's brother, what is one of Ponyboy's bad habits?
3. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
4. Dally says the greasers have a spy on their side. Who is it?
5. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
2. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
3. What does Darry do while Ponyboy is sick?
4. Why doesn't Darry want Ponyboy to fight in the rumble?
5. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
6. Why won't Cherry go see Johnny in the hospital?
7. How does Ponyboy get home from the hospital after Johnny's death?
8. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
9. What does Johnny do when his mother comes to the hospital?
10. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)