|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) Ponyboy's hair.
(b) The falling leaves.
(c) The windows of the church.
(d) The sunrise.
2. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If Bob is okay.
(b) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(c) If Dally will take him home.
(d) If anyone followed him.
3. Why are there children at the church in Chapter 6?
(a) They are having a picnic.
(b) They are going to Sunday school.
(c) They are picking flowers.
(d) They are looking for Johnny.
4. What color is the hair of the girl Ponyboy talks to at the drive-in?
5. Who does Ponyboy love the most out of anyone?
(c) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
2. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
3. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
4. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
5. What do the rich kids call Ponyboy and his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the park that Johnny and Ponyboy go to in Chapter 4.
2. What happens when Ponyboy comes home late in Chapter 3?
3. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
4. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
5. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
6. What does Dally tell Ponyboy and Johnny to do when the come to him for help after the park fight?
7. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
8. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
9. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
10. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)