|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy get "trapped" at the park?
(a) At the bike racks.
(b) At the fountain.
(c) In the sandbox.
(d) In a tree.
2. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
3. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
(a) Rock Hudson.
(b) Gary Cooper.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Paul Newman.
4. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
(a) Cherry and Marcia.
(c) Bob, Randy, and three more Socs.
(d) Their parents.
5. What does Johnny think he and Ponyboy should do instead of hiding out in the church?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Rent a motel room.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Call their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cherry's last name?
2. Where is Dallas Winston from?
3. What does Ponyboy think Darry would do to him if Soda would let him?
4. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
5. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do in Chapter 5 to disguise themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
2. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
3. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
4. How do Johnny and Ponyboy realize that they are not alone at the park?
5. What is Ponyboy's reaction to cutting and dyeing his hair?
6. How does Ponyboy realize that Darry truly cares for him?
7. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
8. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
9. Describe the differences in how Ponyboy's two brothers treat him.
10. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)