|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do in Chapter 5 to disguise themselves?
(a) Grow moustaches.
(b) Wear masks.
(c) Dress like Socs.
(d) Cut and dye their hair.
2. According to Ponyboy's brother, what is one of Ponyboy's bad habits?
(a) Not thinking.
(c) Biting his nails.
(d) Talking back.
3. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
(a) To get supplies.
(b) To get the police.
(c) Back home.
(d) To call his parents.
4. What is Dallas Winston's nickname?
(b) City Boy.
5. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
(a) A letter from Soda.
(b) A gun.
(c) A police report.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
2. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
3. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
4. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
5. What story does Ponyboy tell Cherry when they are getting snacks at the drive-in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ponyboy do when he wakes up in the church?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
3. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
4. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
5. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
6. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
7. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
8. What happens when Ponyboy comes home late in Chapter 3?
9. How do the greasers sneak into the drive-in, and why do they do it?
10. What happens when Dally tries to give the Soc girls a soda at the drive-in?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)