|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Socs do to Ponyboy at the park?
(a) Push him to the ground and kick him.
(b) Shove his face in the fountain.
(c) Chase him out of the park.
(d) Hit him with their car.
2. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
(a) A letter from Soda.
(b) A gun.
(c) A police report.
(d) A knife.
3. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
(a) A broken neck.
(b) A concussion and bad burns.
(c) A broken back and 3rd degree burns.
(d) Two broken legs.
4. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) A car.
(b) They need to call the police.
(c) An alibi.
(d) Money, a gun, and a plan.
5. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His jacket.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) His long hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
2. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
3. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
4. What does Ponyboy think Darry would do to him if Soda would let him?
5. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Johnny and Ponyboy do in the vacant lot?
2. Where has Sandy gone by Chapter 7, and why?
3. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
4. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
5. What do Ponyboy and Randy talk about when Randy comes to visit him?
6. What does Soda tell Ponyboy in the letter he sends with Dally?
7. How do readers realize that Ponyboy is in denial and delusional?
8. Explain how Johnny speaks up to the older boys at the drive-in.
9. What injuries do Ponyboy and Johnny sustain in the fire?
10. What does Jerry say when Ponyboy tells him that he and Johnny are wanted for murder?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)