|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
(a) A man walks up behind them.
(b) A child is on the swingset.
(c) They hear a car horn.
(d) Someone calls Ponyboy's name.
2. What story does Ponyboy tell Cherry when they are getting snacks at the drive-in?
(a) He tells her how he got his scars.
(b) He tells her a made up story about two teenagers who fall in love.
(c) He tells her about how his parents died.
(d) He tells her about how Johnny got badly hurt in a fight.
3. What is Cherry's last name?
4. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
(a) "Who's there?"
(b) "The cops are coming!"
(c) "All clear."
5. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They lost all their money in the stock market.
(b) The moved to another town.
(c) They were killed in a car wreck.
(d) They were murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
2. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
3. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
4. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
5. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
2. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
3. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
4. Describe what the Socs do to Ponyboy during the fight at the park.
5. What happens when Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends show up as they are walking from the drive-in with the greasers?
6. What things are Ponyboy thinking about as he sits at the drive-in?
7. In Chapter 1, what does Ponyboy see as differences between him and his peers?
8. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
9. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
10. What injuries do Ponyboy and Johnny sustain in the fire?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)