|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
(b) 10:00 pm.
(c) 2:30 am.
(d) 6:00 am.
2. Why doesn't Soda attend school?
(a) He graduated.
(b) He got expelled.
(c) He is home-schooled.
(d) He dropped out.
3. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
(a) Behind the park.
(d) Jay Mountain.
4. Who slaps Ponyboy after he says something hurtful to Johnny?
5. Where is Dallas Winston from?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
2. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
3. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
4. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
5. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gang known as the "greasers".
2. What two differences does Cherry point out between the greasers and the Socs?
3. What does Ponyboy tell Cherry and the others about Darry as they are walking to Two-Bit's house?
4. Describe the major event that occurs in Chapter 4 and how is a turning point in the novel.
5. What injuries do Ponyboy and Johnny sustain in the fire?
6. What is Ponyboy's living arrangement?
7. What do Cherry and Ponyboy talk about while getting concessions at the drive-in?
8. What strikes Johnny about the characters in Gone With The Wind?
9. How does Dally approach the Soc girls at the drive-in?
10. Why is Ponyboy nervous about walking home alone from the movies?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)