|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
2. When he reads the newspaper stories about the fire, where does Ponyboy learn that he has to go?
(a) The hospital.
(c) Back to school.
(d) Juvenile court.
3. What are Ponyboy and Soda supposed to do if the cops show up at the rumble?
(b) Take off.
(c) Shoot at them.
(d) Hide behind him.
4. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
5. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
(a) Because he missed too much school.
(b) To pass his English class.
(c) Because Darry wants him to.
(d) Because his teacher does not like him.
6. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(b) A stab wound that got infected.
(c) Getting kicked in the head.
(d) A gunshot.
7. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A picture of Cherry.
(b) A letter from Johnny.
(c) A knife.
(d) A note from his teacher.
8. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
9. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Stay gold.
(c) Stay true to himself.
(d) Run away from home.
10. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) He has to do community service.
(b) He is acquitted.
(c) He gets put in a foster home.
(d) He goes to jail.
11. What prognosis do the doctors give the critically injured character in Chapter 7?
(a) If he lives, he will be crippled for the rest of his life.
(b) He will be able to go home soon.
(c) He needs brain surgery.
(d) He is blind.
12. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
13. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
(a) By cleaning his room.
(b) By yelling at Darry.
(c) By storming out of the house.
(d) By telling Darry he will try to be more careful.
14. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It drives him crazy.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) It makes him sad.
15. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't lose fights.
(b) You don't cry.
(c) You don't get hurt.
(d) You don't get stepped on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
2. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
3. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
4. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
5. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)