|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
2. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(a) Getting too excited.
3. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A poem.
(b) A gun.
(c) His blade.
(d) A blanket.
4. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
5. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she slaps him.
(b) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(c) Because she is dating Randy.
(d) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
6. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That they should call his mom.
(b) That his room is empty.
(c) That Ponyboy should go home.
(d) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
7. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(b) He is in shock.
(c) Darry covers his mouth.
(d) He is afraid he will cry.
8. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She kissed Ponyboy.
(b) She returns his letters unopened.
(c) She is too jealous.
(d) She wants to marry Soda.
9. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Johnny's mother.
10. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says they are going to bring guns.
(b) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(c) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(d) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
11. Where is the rumble to take place?
(a) Ponyboy's back yard.
(b) The school.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The hospital.
12. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
13. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
14. Who shoots Dally?
(d) The cops.
15. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny want Two-Bit to go get for him in Chapter 8?
2. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
3. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
4. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
5. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)