|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
2. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
3. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
4. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) No one.
(b) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(c) Just Darry and Soda.
(d) Everyone in town.
5. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(a) His mother.
(c) The doctor.
6. What does Johnny want Two-Bit to go get for him in Chapter 8?
(a) A knife.
(b) A copy of Gone With The Wind.
(c) Some water.
(d) A blanket.
7. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
8. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(d) Darry and Soda.
9. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) They get kicked out of the hospital.
(b) To hide from the police.
(c) To get some rest.
(d) To get some money.
10. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He has been shot.
(d) He has cancer.
11. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
12. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) In the summer.
(b) The following month.
(c) The day after Randy visits.
(d) On his birthday.
13. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Killed a boy.
(b) Robbed a store.
(c) Burned a house down.
(d) Stolen a car.
14. What do Two-Bit and Ponyboy do before going back to the hospital?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Steal a car.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Eat lunch.
15. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
(a) Stay gold.
(b) Stay true to himself.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Run away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
2. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
3. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
4. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
5. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)