|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(b) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(c) She says they are going to bring guns.
(d) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
2. What is one of the things Ponyboy reads while confined to his bed?
(a) A letter from Cherry.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
(d) Soda's yearbook.
3. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(c) His mother.
(d) The doctor.
4. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
(a) If he is a criminal.
(b) If he likes school and living with Darry.
(c) If he killed Bob.
(d) If he likes Cherry.
5. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
(b) Because she is dating Randy.
(c) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(d) Because she slaps him.
6. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
7. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) He beat them up in the rumble.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They say he killed their friend.
(d) They think he is a snob.
8. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
(a) The nurse.
(b) His mom.
9. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) With Two-Bit's knife.
(b) By paying her.
(c) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
(d) He kisses her.
10. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
11. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
12. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Robbed a store.
(b) Stolen a car.
(c) Burned a house down.
(d) Killed a boy.
13. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
(a) That Soda is on the way.
(b) That Johnny is going home that day.
(c) That Johnny will be okay.
(d) That his mom is there.
14. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
15. Whose picture does Ponyboy come across while reading in bed after the rumble?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
2. Who is sleeping in the chair beside Ponyboy when he wakes up in Chapter 10 after the rumble?
3. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Dally make the cops chase him to?
5. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)