|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(b) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(c) She says they are going to bring guns.
(d) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
2. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That they should call his mom.
(b) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(c) That his room is empty.
(d) That Ponyboy should go home.
3. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Stolen a car.
(b) Robbed a store.
(c) Killed a boy.
(d) Burned a house down.
4. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(a) Getting too excited.
5. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
6. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
(a) Ponyboy's house.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The parking lot.
7. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
8. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
(b) Kill someone.
(d) Pull a gun.
9. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
10. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
11. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(b) Johnny's mother.
(c) The doctor.
12. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) Just Darry and Soda.
(b) No one.
(c) Everyone in town.
(d) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
13. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) He beat them up in the rumble.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They say he killed their friend.
(d) They think he is a snob.
14. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
(a) To go get Soda.
(b) To give him a knife.
(c) Not to tell anyone he is sick.
(d) To take him home.
15. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) He is afraid he will cry.
(b) He is in shock.
(c) Darry covers his mouth.
(d) The doctor tells him to be silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prognosis do the doctors give the critically injured character in Chapter 7?
2. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
3. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
4. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)