|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) All weekend.
(d) A week.
2. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) His fists.
(d) A broken Pepsi bottle.
3. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) Everyone in town.
(b) No one.
(c) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(d) Just Darry and Soda.
4. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) It drives him crazy.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) It makes him sad.
5. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(b) She says they are going to bring guns.
(c) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(d) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
6. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
(a) Randy and Darry.
(b) Soda and Sandy.
(c) Cherry and Marcia.
(d) Steve and Two-Bit.
7. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(a) Getting too excited.
8. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A poem.
(b) His blade.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A gun.
9. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
(a) Because he missed too much school.
(b) To pass his English class.
(c) Because his teacher does not like him.
(d) Because Darry wants him to.
10. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
11. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(b) Darry and Soda.
12. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
13. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
(b) Ponyboy's doctor.
14. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has a concussion.
(d) He has a cold.
15. Who shoots Dally?
(c) The cops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
3. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
4. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
5. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)