|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
2. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(b) Darry and Soda.
3. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
(a) By telling Darry he will try to be more careful.
(b) By cleaning his room.
(c) By yelling at Darry.
(d) By storming out of the house.
4. Who shoots Dally?
(c) The cops.
5. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Johnny's mother.
6. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
7. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
8. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) By paying her.
(b) With Two-Bit's knife.
(c) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
(d) He kisses her.
9. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That they should call his mom.
(b) That Ponyboy should go home.
(c) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(d) That his room is empty.
10. How does Ponyboy want to make Darry proud?
(a) By fighting well in the rumble.
(b) By staying out of the rumble.
(c) By killing Randy.
(d) By saving Darry's life.
11. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
12. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) Darry covers his mouth.
(b) He is afraid he will cry.
(c) He is in shock.
(d) The doctor tells him to be silent.
13. Who wins the rumble?
(a) No one.
(b) The Socs.
(c) The greasers.
(d) The police.
14. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
(a) Stay gold.
(b) Stay true to himself.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Run away from home.
15. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) He beat them up in the rumble.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They think he is a snob.
(d) They say he killed their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
2. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
3. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
4. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
5. What do Two-Bit and Ponyboy do before going back to the hospital?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)