|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dally convince the nurse to let him go to the rumble?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) With Two-Bit's knife.
(c) He makes up a story about Ponyboy being hurt.
(d) By paying her.
2. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
3. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) A week.
(b) All weekend.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
4. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That Ponyboy should go home.
(b) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(c) That his room is empty.
(d) That they should call his mom.
5. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
6. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
(b) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
(c) Because she is dating Randy.
(d) Because she slaps him.
7. Whose picture does Ponyboy come across while reading in bed after the rumble?
8. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(b) Johnny's mother.
(d) The doctor.
9. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(d) Darry and Soda.
10. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
11. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(a) His mother.
(d) The doctor.
12. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
13. What does Soda want to do after the big rumble?
(a) Move away.
(b) Put Ponyboy in a home.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Get married.
14. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) In the summer.
(c) The day after Randy visits.
(d) The following month.
15. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) They say he killed their friend.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) He beat them up in the rumble.
(d) They think he is a snob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
2. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
3. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
4. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
5. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)