|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Carves wood.
(d) Talks to Cherry.
2. Who shoots Dally?
(b) The cops.
3. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) He is acquitted.
(b) He gets put in a foster home.
(c) He has to do community service.
(d) He goes to jail.
4. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) It drives him crazy.
5. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(b) The doctor.
(c) His mother.
6. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
7. Where does Dally make the cops chase him to?
(a) The school.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His house.
(d) The vacant lot.
8. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
9. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) All weekend.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two days.
10. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She kissed Ponyboy.
(b) She returns his letters unopened.
(c) She wants to marry Soda.
(d) She is too jealous.
11. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A gun.
(b) A poem.
(c) A blanket.
(d) His blade.
12. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) He is afraid he will cry.
(b) Darry covers his mouth.
(c) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(d) He is in shock.
13. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
(a) His fists.
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken Pepsi bottle.
(d) A gun.
14. Who wins the rumble?
(a) The police.
(b) The greasers.
(c) The Socs.
(d) No one.
15. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
2. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
3. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
4. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
5. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)