|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
2. What does Johnny want Two-Bit to go get for him in Chapter 8?
(a) A copy of Gone With The Wind.
(b) A knife.
(c) Some water.
(d) A blanket.
3. What do Two-Bit and Ponyboy do before going back to the hospital?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Eat lunch.
(c) Steal a car.
(d) Clean the house.
4. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A letter from Johnny.
(b) A note from his teacher.
(c) A knife.
(d) A picture of Cherry.
5. As he is dying, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy to do?
(a) Stay true to himself.
(b) Stay gold.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Run away from home.
6. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A stab wound that got infected.
(d) Getting kicked in the head.
7. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't lose fights.
(b) You don't get hurt.
(c) You don't get stepped on.
(d) You don't cry.
8. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to do for him before the rumble?
(a) To go get Soda.
(b) Not to tell anyone he is sick.
(c) To give him a knife.
(d) To take him home.
9. Who shoots Dally?
(d) The cops.
10. How does Ponyboy want to make Darry proud?
(a) By saving Darry's life.
(b) By staying out of the rumble.
(c) By fighting well in the rumble.
(d) By killing Randy.
11. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
12. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
(a) That Soda is on the way.
(b) That Johnny will be okay.
(c) That his mom is there.
(d) That Johnny is going home that day.
13. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
(b) His mom.
(c) The nurse.
14. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:30 p.m.
15. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) Ponyboy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
2. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
3. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
4. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
5. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)