|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) In the summer.
(c) The day after Randy visits.
(d) The following month.
2. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) No one.
(b) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(c) Everyone in town.
(d) Just Darry and Soda.
3. Who tells Ponyboy in Chapter 9 that he shouldn't fight in the rumble?
4. What are Ponyboy and Soda supposed to do if the cops show up at the rumble?
(a) Shoot at them.
(c) Take off.
(d) Hide behind him.
5. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(d) Darry and Soda.
6. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
7. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
8. What do Two-Bit and Ponyboy do before going back to the hospital?
(a) Steal a car.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Eat lunch.
9. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Killed a boy.
(b) Robbed a store.
(c) Stolen a car.
(d) Burned a house down.
10. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) To get some money.
(b) To hide from the police.
(c) To get some rest.
(d) They get kicked out of the hospital.
11. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(b) He is afraid he will cry.
(c) Darry covers his mouth.
(d) He is in shock.
12. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too jealous.
(b) She kissed Ponyboy.
(c) She wants to marry Soda.
(d) She returns his letters unopened.
13. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
(a) By cleaning his room.
(b) By yelling at Darry.
(c) By storming out of the house.
(d) By telling Darry he will try to be more careful.
14. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(a) The doctor.
(d) His mother.
15. Who wins the rumble?
(a) The Socs.
(b) The police.
(c) No one.
(d) The greasers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
2. Who gets sick and passes out after Dally dies?
3. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
4. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
5. What prognosis do the doctors give the critically injured character in Chapter 7?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)