|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things Ponyboy reads while confined to his bed?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A letter from Cherry.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
(d) Soda's yearbook.
2. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(b) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(c) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(d) She says they are going to bring guns.
3. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
(a) That Johnny will be okay.
(b) That his mom is there.
(c) That Soda is on the way.
(d) That Johnny is going home that day.
4. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(b) A stab wound that got infected.
(c) Getting kicked in the head.
(d) A gunshot.
5. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(d) Getting too excited.
6. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A gun.
(b) A blanket.
(c) His blade.
(d) A poem.
7. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
(a) Pull a gun.
(c) Kill someone.
8. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
(a) Ponyboy wants to be alone.
(b) Soda will not come pick him up.
(c) Dally had taken the car.
(d) Dally will not leave the hospital.
9. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
10. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) In the summer.
(b) The following month.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) The day after Randy visits.
11. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) A month.
(b) All weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
12. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
(a) Ponyboy's doctor.
13. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
14. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't get stepped on.
(b) You don't cry.
(c) You don't get hurt.
(d) You don't lose fights.
15. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) Everyone in town.
(b) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(c) Just Darry and Soda.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
2. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
3. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
4. Where is the rumble to take place?
5. Who is the youngest boy at the rumble?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)