|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
2. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
3. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
(a) The nurse.
(d) His mom.
4. Where is the rumble to take place?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Ponyboy's back yard.
(c) The school.
(d) The vacant lot.
5. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A letter from Johnny.
(b) A knife.
(c) A picture of Cherry.
(d) A note from his teacher.
6. While Ponyboy is sitting on the car at the grocery store in Chapter 12, three Socs pull up. Why don't these three Socs like him?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They think he is a snob.
(c) They say he killed their friend.
(d) He beat them up in the rumble.
7. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
(a) Pull a gun.
(b) Kill someone.
8. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
9. What word does Ponyboy use to describe the way Dally dies?
10. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) The doctor.
(c) Johnny's mother.
(d) Dally's father.
11. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
(a) If he likes Cherry.
(b) If he killed Bob.
(c) If he is a criminal.
(d) If he likes school and living with Darry.
12. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
13. Who does Johnny refuse to see at the hospital?
(b) The doctor.
(c) His mother.
14. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
15. Why does Ponyboy have to write a semester theme?
(a) Because he missed too much school.
(b) To pass his English class.
(c) Because his teacher does not like him.
(d) Because Darry wants him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
2. What time does Ponyboy get home before the rumble?
3. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
4. When he reads the newspaper stories about the fire, where does Ponyboy learn that he has to go?
5. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)