|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ponyboy feel about having to stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) It drives him crazy.
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He enjoys it.
2. Who tells Ponyboy that he is famous and shows him the newspaper article about him and Johnny?
3. When he reads the newspaper stories about the fire, where does Ponyboy learn that he has to go?
(a) Back to school.
(b) Juvenile court.
(c) The hospital.
4. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
5. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
(b) Steve and Two-Bit.
6. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(c) Darry and Soda.
7. What prognosis do the doctors give the critically injured character in Chapter 7?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He will be able to go home soon.
(c) He needs brain surgery.
(d) If he lives, he will be crippled for the rest of his life.
8. Who speaks to the judge before the hearing begins?
(a) Ponyboy's doctor.
9. What does Two-Bit give Dally in the hospital?
(a) A poem.
(b) His blade.
(c) A gun.
(d) A blanket.
10. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
11. Who wins the rumble?
(a) The greasers.
(b) The police.
(c) No one.
(d) The Socs.
12. Who has moved to Florida by Chapter 7?
13. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A knife.
(b) A note from his teacher.
(c) A picture of Cherry.
(d) A letter from Johnny.
14. What caused Ponyboy's injury/illness during the rumble?
(a) Getting kicked in the head.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A stab wound that got infected.
15. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
2. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
3. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
4. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
5. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)