|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She returns his letters unopened.
(b) She wants to marry Soda.
(c) She is too jealous.
(d) She kissed Ponyboy.
2. What does Ponyboy find inside his copy of Gone With the WInd?
(a) A note from his teacher.
(b) A letter from Johnny.
(c) A knife.
(d) A picture of Cherry.
3. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
4. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(b) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(c) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(d) She says they are going to bring guns.
5. What does Soda want to do after the big rumble?
(a) Move away.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Put Ponyboy in a home.
(d) Get married.
6. Who shoots Dally?
(c) The cops.
7. Why does Ponyboy have to walk home after Johnny dies?
(a) Dally had taken the car.
(b) Soda will not come pick him up.
(c) Dally will not leave the hospital.
(d) Ponyboy wants to be alone.
8. What does Darry scold Ponyboy for doing in bed after the rumble?
(a) Getting too excited.
9. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He has a concussion.
(d) He has cancer.
10. On the way to Dally's room, who do Two-Bit and Johnny pass in the hospital hallway?
(a) Dally's father.
(b) The doctor.
(d) Johnny's mother.
11. Ponyboy tells Randy that Johnny isn't ______.
12. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) He gets put in a foster home.
(b) He goes to jail.
(c) He is acquitted.
(d) He has to do community service.
13. How long does Ponyboy stay in bed after the rumble?
(a) A month.
(b) All weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
14. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) The following month.
(c) In the summer.
(d) The day after Randy visits.
15. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(b) No one.
(c) Just Darry and Soda.
(d) Everyone in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the rumble to take place?
2. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
3. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
4. What is one of the things Ponyboy reads while confined to his bed?
5. Who wins the rumble?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)