|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Ponyboy supposed to go to court?
(a) The following month.
(b) In the summer.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) The day after Randy visits.
2. Who has a fever and isn't feeling very well while he is at the hospital?
3. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) Everyone in town.
(b) No one.
(c) The people involved in Bob's murder and Ponyboy's doctor.
(d) Just Darry and Soda.
4. What does Cherry tell Ponyboy that the Socs have planned for the rumble?
(a) She says the Socs have warned the police about the rumble.
(b) She says they will fight fair and without weapons.
(c) She says the Socs aren't going to show up.
(d) She says they are going to bring guns.
5. Who waits at the hospital with Ponyboy in Chapter 7?
(b) Darry and Soda.
6. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
7. Who is delusional about Johnny's death?
8. What has Dally done to make the cops chase him in Chapter 10?
(a) Stolen a car.
(b) Killed a boy.
(c) Burned a house down.
(d) Robbed a store.
9. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(b) He is in shock.
(c) Darry covers his mouth.
(d) He is afraid he will cry.
10. To pass the time after the rumble, Ponyboy reads and __________ while confined to bed.
(a) Talks to Cherry.
(c) Writes letters.
(d) Carves wood.
11. Whose picture does Ponyboy come across while reading in bed after the rumble?
12. Where do Ponyboy and Two-Bit find Cherry as they are walking home from the hospital?
(a) The gas station.
(b) Ponyboy's house.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The vacant lot.
13. Who wins the rumble?
(a) No one.
(b) The police.
(c) The greasers.
(d) The Socs.
14. On what day does Ponyboy finally wake up after passing out following the rumble?
15. What is the result of Ponyboy's hearing?
(a) He has to do community service.
(b) He is acquitted.
(c) He goes to jail.
(d) He gets put in a foster home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Ponyboy after the rumble?
2. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
3. Who shoots Dally?
4. What lie does Ponyboy tell Johnny in the hospital?
5. The first group to ______ will lose the rumble.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)