|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ponyboy respond to Darry's scolding in Chapter 11?
(a) By cleaning his room.
(b) By yelling at Darry.
(c) By telling Darry he will try to be more careful.
(d) By storming out of the house.
2. Why does Ponyboy call Cherry a traitor?
(a) Because she slaps him.
(b) Because she will not go visit Johnny.
(c) Because she is dating Randy.
(d) Because she is lying to him about the Socs.
3. What does Ponyboy say doesn't happen when you're tough?
(a) You don't lose fights.
(b) You don't get stepped on.
(c) You don't cry.
(d) You don't get hurt.
4. Who comes to visit Ponyboy when he is confined to bed after the rumble?
5. Why is Soda upset about Sandy in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too jealous.
(b) She kissed Ponyboy.
(c) She wants to marry Soda.
(d) She returns his letters unopened.
6. Who comes over to Ponyboy's house to see him when he gets home from the hospital?
(b) Steve and Two-Bit.
7. Who crawls into bed with Ponyboy and falls asleep with him in Chapter 10?
8. How many Socs show up at the rumble?
9. What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
(a) That Ponyboy should go home.
(b) That they should call his mom.
(c) That it couldn't hurt for him to have visitors now.
(d) That his room is empty.
10. Who wins the rumble?
(a) The greasers.
(b) The police.
(c) The Socs.
(d) No one.
11. Who is the first person to be questioned at the hearing?
12. Who has a bad feeling about the rumble?
13. What does Johnny want Two-Bit to go get for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Some water.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A copy of Gone With The Wind.
(d) A knife.
14. What prognosis do the doctors give the critically injured character in Chapter 7?
(a) He will be able to go home soon.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He needs brain surgery.
(d) If he lives, he will be crippled for the rest of his life.
15. Who does Ponyboy go to the grocery store with in Chapter 12?
(a) Steve and Two-Bit.
(b) Cherry and Marcia.
(c) Randy and Darry.
(d) Soda and Sandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyboy threaten the three Socs at the grocery store with?
2. Who does Johnny leave with a copy of Gone With the Wind for Ponyboy?
3. Who does Ponyboy say killed Bob?
4. Who is present at Ponyboy's hearing?
5. What does the judge ask Ponyboy?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)