|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
(b) Back to the park.
2. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Black Beauty.
3. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
(a) A broken neck.
(b) Two broken legs.
(c) A broken back and 3rd degree burns.
(d) A concussion and bad burns.
4. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(c) His mom.
5. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
(a) Sandy and Marcia.
(b) Jennifer and Mary.
(c) Whitney and Barbara.
(d) Sherri and Marcia.
6. How do Ponyboy and Johnny get to where they are going after leaving Dally's house?
(a) They hitchhike.
(b) Dally drives them.
(c) They walk.
(d) By train.
7. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
(a) Buck Merrill's house.
(b) Ponyboy's house.
(c) Dally's house.
(d) Johnny's house.
8. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) They need to call the police.
(b) An alibi.
(c) A car.
(d) Money, a gun, and a plan.
9. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She throws a coke in his face.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kisses him.
10. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They were killed in a car wreck.
(c) The moved to another town.
(d) They lost all their money in the stock market.
11. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
12. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If Bob is okay.
(b) If anyone followed him.
(c) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(d) If Dally will take him home.
13. Who slaps Ponyboy after he says something hurtful to Johnny?
14. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
(a) "The cops are coming!"
(c) "All clear."
(d) "Who's there?"
15. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
(a) Johnny shoots Ponyboy.
(b) Ponyboy drowns.
(c) Johnny kills Bob.
(d) Randy gets stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
2. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
3. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
4. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
5. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)