|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
(b) The police.
(c) His parents.
(d) Darry and the rest of the gang.
2. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
(a) That she killed Bob.
(b) That Ponyboy killed Bob.
(c) That he is not really dead.
(d) That it was self-defense.
3. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
4. When Ponyboy awakens in the church, where does he try to pretend to be?
(a) The park.
5. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) He runs home.
(b) He has been stabbed and passes out.
(c) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(d) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
6. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
(b) Cherry and Marcia.
(c) Bob, Randy, and three more Socs.
(d) Their parents.
7. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He hears the ambulance siren.
(b) He is wearing handcuffs.
(c) He can't find Johnny.
(d) He is in a police car.
8. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Black Beauty.
9. What is Dallas Winston's nickname?
(a) City Boy.
10. Why does Cherry decide to leave with the Socs instead of walking with Ponyboy and the greasers?
(a) She is scared of the greasers.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She doesn't want a fight to start.
(d) She is in love with Bob.
11. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
(a) With Soda.
(b) Near the concession stand.
(c) In the front row.
(d) At the front of the classroom.
12. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) Money, a gun, and a plan.
(b) A car.
(c) They need to call the police.
(d) An alibi.
13. Who admires Dally because he is gallant?
14. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
(a) A horse.
(c) His father.
(d) Robert Redford.
15. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Whenever he wants.
(d) By sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
2. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
3. How many brothers does Ponyboy have?
4. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
5. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy get "trapped" at the park?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)