|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
(c) Mr. Smith.
2. How many brothers does Ponyboy have?
3. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
(a) Near the concession stand.
(b) With Soda.
(c) In the front row.
(d) At the front of the classroom.
4. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
(a) Whitney and Barbara.
(b) Sherri and Marcia.
(c) Jennifer and Mary.
(d) Sandy and Marcia.
5. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
(a) They hear a car horn.
(b) Someone calls Ponyboy's name.
(c) A man walks up behind them.
(d) A child is on the swingset.
6. Who does Ponyboy love the most out of anyone?
(d) His parents.
7. Who slaps Ponyboy after he says something hurtful to Johnny?
8. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The church.
(b) The school.
(c) The corn field.
(d) Dally's house.
9. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(d) His mom.
10. What happens to makes Ponyboy nervous as he is leaving the movies?
(a) It is dark outside.
(b) A car is following him.
(c) He hears strange noises.
(d) He gets lost.
11. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Slashing someone's tires.
(c) Stealing a car.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
12. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A Corvette.
13. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
(b) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(c) He has been stabbed and passes out.
(d) He runs home.
14. Why does Ponyboy run into the church during the fire?
(a) To save the kids from the fire.
(b) To hide from the police.
(c) To get his book.
(d) To save his parents.
15. Where do Steve and Soda work?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A hamburger stand.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
2. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
4. When Ponyboy awakens in the church, where does he try to pretend to be?
5. What activity is common to the greasers?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)