|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cherry decide to leave with the Socs instead of walking with Ponyboy and the greasers?
(a) She is in love with Bob.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She is scared of the greasers.
(d) She doesn't want a fight to start.
2. Who invites Ponyboy and Johnny to sit with them at the drive-in?
3. What does Ponyboy say to hurt Johnny's feelings when they are walking home from the drive-in?
(a) That Johnny isn't wanted at home.
(b) That Ponyboy and Johnny are not friends.
(c) That Johnny is like a Soc.
(d) That Marcia doesn't like Johnny.
4. In Chapter 2, Ponyboy, Johnny, and the other greasers sneak into which of the following?
(a) The gas station.
(b) Johnny's house.
(c) The school.
(d) The drive-in.
5. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are greasers.
(b) That they are his friends.
(c) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(d) That they are Soda and Darry.
6. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She throws a coke in his face.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She ignores him.
7. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) They are grounded.
(b) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
(c) The car runs out of gas.
(d) Someone steals their car.
8. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) The moved to another town.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They were killed in a car wreck.
(d) They lost all their money in the stock market.
9. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
10. What do the two boys in the blue car call Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit?
11. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
(a) At home.
(b) In another ambulance.
(c) In jail.
(d) Inside the church.
12. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
(a) Paul Newman.
(b) Gary Cooper.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Rock Hudson.
13. Where is Dallas Winston from?
(c) New York.
14. How does Johnny recognize who the Socs in the park are?
(a) By Randy's voice.
(b) Ponyboy tells him who they are.
(c) Bob calls out Johnny's name.
(d) By the rings on Bob's hand.
15. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
(a) They have been kicked out already.
(b) It is a challenge.
(c) They don't have the money to pay their way in.
(d) They don't want anyone to see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
2. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
3. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
4. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
5. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)