|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
(a) "The cops are coming!"
(b) "Who's there?"
(c) "All clear."
2. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(b) His mom.
3. Who tells Dally to leave the Soc girls alone?
(c) His mother.
4. After the fight in the park, where do Johnny and Ponyboy go to find help?
(a) Ponyboy's house.
(b) Dally's house.
(c) Johnny's house.
(d) Buck Merrill's house.
5. What is Dallas Winston's nickname?
(c) City Boy.
6. How does Ponyboy react when Johnny tells him what has happened in the park?
(a) He punches Johnny.
(b) He starts screaming hysterically.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He calls Darry.
7. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A police report.
(d) A letter from Soda.
8. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
(a) Johnny's parents are looking for them.
(b) Soda has moved away.
(c) Bob is dead.
(d) There is going to be a rumble between the Socs and greasers.
9. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) The windows of the church.
(c) Ponyboy's hair.
(d) The falling leaves.
10. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She throws a coke in his face.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She kisses him.
11. Why doesn't Dally want Johnny to go to jail?
(a) Because Johnny is too young.
(b) Because jail will harden Johnny.
(c) Because Dally wants to teach him a lesson.
(d) Because Ponyboy will be alone without Johnny.
12. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
13. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
(a) Mr. Smith.
14. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
(b) Sneaking out of the hospital.
(c) Yelling at Jerry.
(d) Paying his doctor bills.
15. Why doesn't Soda attend school?
(a) He dropped out.
(b) He got expelled.
(c) He graduated.
(d) He is home-schooled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
2. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
3. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
4. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
5. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy go after Cherry and Marcia leave with the Socs?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)