|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A Mustang.
2. How does Johnny recognize who the Socs in the park are?
(a) Bob calls out Johnny's name.
(b) Ponyboy tells him who they are.
(c) By the rings on Bob's hand.
(d) By Randy's voice.
3. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
(a) A child is on the swingset.
(b) They hear a car horn.
(c) A man walks up behind them.
(d) Someone calls Ponyboy's name.
4. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
(a) Inside the church.
(b) At home.
(c) In another ambulance.
(d) In jail.
5. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
(a) Randy and Bob.
(b) Ponyboy and Johnny.
(c) Soda and Darry.
(d) Randy and Mike.
6. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
(a) Money and a gun.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
(d) The phone number of someone who can help.
7. What is Cherry's last name?
8. What happens to makes Ponyboy nervous as he is leaving the movies?
(a) It is dark outside.
(b) He hears strange noises.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) A car is following him.
9. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(b) His mom.
10. Who jumps Ponyboy when he is walking home from the movie theater?
(a) The police.
(b) A robber.
(c) A group of Socs.
(d) His brothers.
11. What does Dally offer the Soc girls?
(a) A Coke.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A kiss.
12. Cherry tells Ponyboy that he is the type of person who ________________.
(a) Gets upset easily.
(b) Hits women.
(c) Steals cars.
(d) Watches sunsets.
13. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
(a) "Who's there?"
(c) "The cops are coming!"
(d) "All clear."
14. What do the Socs do to Ponyboy at the park?
(a) Push him to the ground and kick him.
(b) Chase him out of the park.
(c) Hit him with their car.
(d) Shove his face in the fountain.
15. Why does Cherry decide to leave with the Socs instead of walking with Ponyboy and the greasers?
(a) She is scared of the greasers.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She doesn't want a fight to start.
(d) She is in love with Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Johnny and Ponyboy need to get once they get to the church?
2. When Ponyboy awakens in the church, where does he try to pretend to be?
3. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
4. What book does Johnny bring to the church for Ponyboy?
5. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)