|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
(a) Behind the park.
(d) Jay Mountain.
2. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
(a) A car.
(b) Money, a gun, and a plan.
(c) They need to call the police.
(d) An alibi.
3. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Leaving a movie theater.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Sitting in a classroom.
4. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
(b) Walt Whitman.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. Who is the only person who can tease Darry?
(c) His father.
6. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(c) Whenever he wants.
(d) By sunset.
7. Who invites Ponyboy and Johnny to sit with them at the drive-in?
8. What news does Dally give Ponyboy and Johnny when he comes to see them at the church?
(a) There is going to be a rumble between the Socs and greasers.
(b) Johnny's parents are looking for them.
(c) Soda has moved away.
(d) Bob is dead.
9. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) They are grounded.
(b) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
(c) The car runs out of gas.
(d) Someone steals their car.
10. Why do the greasers sneak into the drive-in?
(a) They don't want anyone to see them.
(b) It is a challenge.
(c) They have been kicked out already.
(d) They don't have the money to pay their way in.
11. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
(a) A job.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) His parents.
(d) To finish school.
12. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
(a) Randy gets stabbed.
(b) Ponyboy drowns.
(c) Johnny kills Bob.
(d) Johnny shoots Ponyboy.
13. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
(a) To get supplies.
(b) To call his parents.
(c) To get the police.
(d) Back home.
14. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are greasers.
(b) That they are his friends.
(c) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(d) That they are Soda and Darry.
15. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His long hair.
(d) Where he lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny recognize who the Socs in the park are?
2. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
3. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
4. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
5. Who is in the ambulance with Ponyboy?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)