|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dallas Winston's nickname?
(d) City Boy.
2. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
(a) A lawyer.
(b) To finish school.
(c) A job.
(d) His parents.
3. Why is Ponyboy embarrassed by Dally when they sit near the Soc girls?
(a) Dally is talking dirty and loudly.
(b) Dally is not wearing a shirt.
(c) Dally is drunk.
(d) Dally gets in a fight with Soda.
4. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
5. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A Mustang.
6. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Robert Frost.
7. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Sitting in a classroom.
(b) Kissing a girl.
(c) Leaving a movie theater.
(d) Reading a book.
8. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
(d) Mr. Smith.
9. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) The car runs out of gas.
(b) Someone steals their car.
(c) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
(d) They are grounded.
10. Who is the only person who can tease Darry?
(a) His father.
11. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are greasers.
(b) That they are his friends.
(c) That they are Soda and Darry.
(d) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
12. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
(a) Randy and Bob.
(b) Ponyboy and Johnny.
(c) Randy and Mike.
(d) Soda and Darry.
13. Why doesn't Soda attend school?
(a) He is home-schooled.
(b) He got expelled.
(c) He dropped out.
(d) He graduated.
14. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy get "trapped" at the park?
(a) In a tree.
(b) At the bike racks.
(c) In the sandbox.
(d) At the fountain.
15. Who is angry when Ponyboy gets home from the drive-in late?
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
2. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
3. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
4. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
5. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)