|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
(b) He fell out a window and hit his head.
(c) Someone punches him.
(d) He passes out from shock.
2. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
(a) They write letters to family.
(b) They watch movies.
(c) They read Gone With the Wind.
(d) They build a fort.
3. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
(d) Ponyboy .
4. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His brothers.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) His long hair.
5. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
6. In Chapter 2, Ponyboy, Johnny, and the other greasers sneak into which of the following?
(a) The drive-in.
(b) The gas station.
(c) Johnny's house.
(d) The school.
7. Who is the only person who can tease Darry?
(d) His father.
8. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
(a) By sunset.
(c) Whenever he wants.
(d) Ten o'clock.
9. Besides Cherry, who is the only person Ponyboy is comfortable talking with?
(b) His mother.
10. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The church.
(b) The corn field.
(c) The school.
(d) Dally's house.
11. Who is in the ambulance with Ponyboy?
(c) His mother.
12. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
(a) A gun.
(b) A car.
(c) The phone number of someone who can help.
(d) Money and a gun.
13. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
(b) Dairy Queen.
(c) Taco Bell.
(d) His mom's house.
14. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
(a) She says she has a friend with the same name.
(b) She says it's a lovely name.
(c) She says it's a stupid name.
(d) She laughs and makes fun of his name.
15. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
(a) Near the concession stand.
(b) With Soda.
(c) In the front row.
(d) At the front of the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
2. How many brothers does Ponyboy have?
3. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
4. Cherry tells Ponyboy that he is the type of person who ________________.
5. What celebrity does Ponyboy wish he looked like?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)