|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
(d) Back to the park.
2. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
3. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
4. What are Johnny's injuries from the fire?
(a) A concussion and bad burns.
(b) A broken back and 3rd degree burns.
(c) A broken neck.
(d) Two broken legs.
5. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He is wearing handcuffs.
(b) He is in a police car.
(c) He can't find Johnny.
(d) He hears the ambulance siren.
6. Dally says the greasers have a spy on their side. Who is it?
(b) The teacher.
7. What does Ponyboy think Darry would do to him if Soda would let him?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Put him in a home.
(c) Buy him a car.
(d) Take him to another town.
8. What does Johnny think he and Ponyboy should do instead of hiding out in the church?
(a) Go to Mexico.
(b) Call their parents.
(c) Rent a motel room.
(d) Turn themselves in.
9. What is the source of the money that Ponyboy and Johnny get from Dally?
(a) It is Johnny's piggy bank money.
(b) It is Soda's savings.
(c) It is Buck Merrill's rodeo winnings.
(d) Cherry gives them the money.
10. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A Mustang.
11. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) Ponyboy's hair.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The falling leaves.
(d) The windows of the church.
12. Where has Johnny gone when Ponyboy wakes up in the church?
(a) To get the police.
(b) To call his parents.
(c) To get supplies.
(d) Back home.
13. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
(a) His parents.
(b) A job.
(c) To finish school.
(d) A lawyer.
14. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They lost all their money in the stock market.
(b) The moved to another town.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They were killed in a car wreck.
15. Besides Cherry, who is the only person Ponyboy is comfortable talking with?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Johnny bring to the church for Ponyboy?
2. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
3. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
4. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
5. Who does Cherry say Ponyboy looks like?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)