|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The school.
(b) Dally's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The corn field.
2. Where is the church Ponyboy and Johnny need to go to?
(a) Behind the park.
(b) Jay Mountain.
3. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(b) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
(c) He runs home.
(d) He has been stabbed and passes out.
4. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
5. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
(a) Randy and Bob.
(b) Randy and Mike.
(c) Soda and Darry.
(d) Ponyboy and Johnny.
6. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She throws a coke in his face.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kisses him.
7. Why does Cherry decide to leave with the Socs instead of walking with Ponyboy and the greasers?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She doesn't want a fight to start.
(c) She is in love with Bob.
(d) She is scared of the greasers.
8. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) The moved to another town.
(c) They were killed in a car wreck.
(d) They lost all their money in the stock market.
9. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
(b) Their parents.
(c) Bob, Randy, and three more Socs.
(d) Cherry and Marcia.
10. Who admires Dally because he is gallant?
11. Where do Steve and Soda work?
(a) A hamburger stand.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A bar.
(d) A grocery store.
12. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
13. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
(b) He fell out a window and hit his head.
(c) Someone punches him.
(d) He passes out from shock.
14. What is the source of the money that Ponyboy and Johnny get from Dally?
(a) It is Johnny's piggy bank money.
(b) It is Buck Merrill's rodeo winnings.
(c) It is Soda's savings.
(d) Cherry gives them the money.
15. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do in Chapter 5 to disguise themselves?
(a) Grow moustaches.
(b) Dress like Socs.
(c) Wear masks.
(d) Cut and dye their hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
2. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
3. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
4. Where do Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit walk to with Cherry and Marcia after they leave the movies?
5. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)