|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
(a) The Socs.
(b) He and Johnny.
(d) The kids.
2. What do the two boys in the blue car call Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit?
3. What time does Ponyboy have to be home from the drive-in?
(a) Whenever he wants.
(c) By sunset.
(d) Ten o'clock.
4. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A Honda.
5. What are Ponyboy and Johnny looking at when Ponyboy recites the line "Nothing gold can stay"?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) Ponyboy's hair.
(c) The falling leaves.
(d) The windows of the church.
6. How does Ponyboy react when Johnny tells him what has happened in the park?
(a) He punches Johnny.
(b) He calls Darry.
(c) He starts screaming hysterically.
(d) He runs home.
7. Who tells Dally to leave the Soc girls alone?
(b) His mother.
8. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
(a) They watch movies.
(b) They read Gone With the Wind.
(c) They write letters to family.
(d) They build a fort.
9. What does Ponyboy try not to do after he gets jumped?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Run away.
(d) Scream for help.
10. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(b) He runs home.
(c) He has been stabbed and passes out.
(d) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
11. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(b) If Bob is okay.
(c) If Dally will take him home.
(d) If anyone followed him.
12. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The corn field.
(b) Dally's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
13. Who is in the ambulance with Ponyboy?
(d) His mother.
14. Where do Steve and Soda work?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hamburger stand.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A gas station.
15. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
(a) That Ponyboy killed Bob.
(b) That it was self-defense.
(c) That she killed Bob.
(d) That he is not really dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
2. What do Ponyboy and his gang call the rich kids?
3. Who slaps Ponyboy after he says something hurtful to Johnny?
4. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
5. Besides Cherry, who is the only person Ponyboy is comfortable talking with?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)