|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Johnny bring to the church for Ponyboy?
(a) Go Ask Alice.
(b) Gone With The Wind.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Black Beauty.
2. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
3. Cherry says the greasers are more ___________ than the Socs.
4. What does Johnny ask Dally when he comes to the church?
(a) If Bob is okay.
(b) If Dally will take him home.
(c) If Johnny's parents are worried about him.
(d) If anyone followed him.
5. What does Dally offer the Soc girls?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A cigarette.
6. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy go after Cherry and Marcia leave with the Socs?
(a) The vacant lot.
(d) The movies.
7. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) Someone punches him.
(b) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
(c) He fell out a window and hit his head.
(d) He passes out from shock.
8. When Ponyboy wakes up in the church, how does he know Johnny is gone?
(a) Johnny left him a note.
(b) Johnny told him he was leaving.
(c) Ponyboy remembers that he took Johnny home.
(d) Johnny's car is gone.
9. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are Soda and Darry.
(b) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(c) That they are his friends.
(d) That they are greasers.
10. What is the name of the horse that Soda loved?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Black Beauty.
11. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The corn field.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) Dally's house.
12. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her friends.
(d) Her parents.
13. Cherry tells Ponyboy that he is the type of person who ________________.
(a) Watches sunsets.
(b) Hits women.
(c) Steals cars.
(d) Gets upset easily.
14. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
(a) Dairy Queen.
(b) Taco Bell.
(d) His mom's house.
15. According to Dally, where do the cops think Ponyboy and Johnny are headed?
(a) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
2. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
3. What makes Johnny and Ponyboy realize they are not alone in the park?
4. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
5. How many brothers does Ponyboy have?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)