|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cherry's last name?
2. Who wrote the poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny?
(a) Robert Frost.
(d) Walt Whitman.
3. When Ponyboy awakes after passing out in Chapter 6, where is Johnny?
(a) At home.
(b) Inside the church.
(c) In another ambulance.
(d) In jail.
4. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She throws a coke in his face.
(d) She ignores him.
5. Who is in the park with Ponyboy and Johnny?
(b) Cherry and Marcia.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Bob, Randy, and three more Socs.
6. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
(b) Darry and the rest of the gang.
(c) The police.
(d) His parents.
7. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
(a) His jacket.
(b) Where he lives.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His long hair.
8. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They lost all their money in the stock market.
(b) They were killed in a car wreck.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) The moved to another town.
9. What does Cherry say about Ponyboy's name?
(a) She says it's a stupid name.
(b) She laughs and makes fun of his name.
(c) She says it's a lovely name.
(d) She says she has a friend with the same name.
10. What does Dally offer the Soc girls?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A Coke.
11. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
(c) Ponyboy .
12. After the fight in the park, where does Dally suggest that Ponyboy and Johnny to go to hide?
(c) Back to the park.
13. Where do the greasers sit when they are at the drive-in?
(a) At the front of the classroom.
(b) Near the concession stand.
(c) With Soda.
(d) In the front row.
14. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A Corvette.
15. What story does Ponyboy tell Cherry when they are getting snacks at the drive-in?
(a) He tells her about how his parents died.
(b) He tells her about how Johnny got badly hurt in a fight.
(c) He tells her a made up story about two teenagers who fall in love.
(d) He tells her how he got his scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ponyboy react when Johnny tells him what has happened in the park?
2. What part of town is Ponyboy from?
3. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
4. What does Ponyboy say to hurt Johnny's feelings when they are walking home from the drive-in?
5. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)