|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to makes Ponyboy nervous as he is leaving the movies?
(a) A car is following him.
(b) It is dark outside.
(c) He hears strange noises.
(d) He gets lost.
2. Who admires Dally because he is gallant?
3. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
(a) Darry and the rest of the gang.
(b) The police.
(d) His parents.
4. What does Dally give to Ponyboy when he comes to the church?
(a) A knife.
(b) A police report.
(c) A letter from Soda.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Cherry tell the cops about Bob's murder?
(a) That he is not really dead.
(b) That it was self-defense.
(c) That Ponyboy killed Bob.
(d) That she killed Bob.
6. In Chapter 6, what is on fire when the boys get back from eating with Dally?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) Dally's house.
(d) The corn field.
7. Where do Steve and Soda work?
(a) A bar.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A hamburger stand.
(d) A grocery store.
8. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) He has been stabbed and passes out.
(b) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(c) He runs home.
(d) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
9. When Ponyboy wakes up in the church, how does he know Johnny is gone?
(a) Johnny told him he was leaving.
(b) Johnny's car is gone.
(c) Johnny left him a note.
(d) Ponyboy remembers that he took Johnny home.
10. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
11. Why is Ponyboy embarrassed by Dally when they sit near the Soc girls?
(a) Dally is not wearing a shirt.
(b) Dally is talking dirty and loudly.
(c) Dally is drunk.
(d) Dally gets in a fight with Soda.
12. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He is wearing handcuffs.
(b) He is in a police car.
(c) He can't find Johnny.
(d) He hears the ambulance siren.
13. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are Soda and Darry.
(b) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(c) That they are greasers.
(d) That they are his friends.
14. What does Johnny think he and Ponyboy should do instead of hiding out in the church?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Call their parents.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Rent a motel room.
15. What does Dally give to Ponyboy and Johnny when they go to see him after the fight in the park?
(a) A car.
(b) Money and a gun.
(c) A gun.
(d) The phone number of someone who can help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
2. According to Ponyboy's brother, what is one of Ponyboy's bad habits?
3. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
4. Dally says the greasers have a spy on their side. Who is it?
5. How did Soda know that Dally knew where Ponyboy was?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)