|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ponyboy doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Sitting in a classroom.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Leaving a movie theater.
2. How does Ponyboy react when Johnny tells him what has happened in the park?
(a) He starts screaming hysterically.
(b) He runs home.
(c) He calls Darry.
(d) He punches Johnny.
3. Who does Ponyboy think started the fire?
(a) The kids.
(b) He and Johnny.
(d) The Socs.
4. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
(a) "The cops are coming!"
(b) "Who's there?"
(c) "All clear."
5. How did Soda know that Dally knew where Ponyboy was?
(a) Cherry told him.
(b) Dally told him.
(c) Soda saw Ponyboy's sweatshirt at Buck's house.
(d) Ponyboy called Soda and told him to talk to Dally.
6. What is Darry doing at the hospital to make Ponyboy realize that Darry really does care about him?
(a) Paying his doctor bills.
(c) Yelling at Jerry.
(d) Sneaking out of the hospital.
7. What do Johnny and Ponyboy need to get once they get to the church?
(a) A gun.
(b) A phone book.
(c) A bible.
(d) A week's supply of food.
8. What does Ponyboy think Darry would do to him if Soda would let him?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Buy him a car.
(c) Take him to another town.
(d) Put him in a home.
9. What book does Johnny bring to the church for Ponyboy?
(a) Go Ask Alice.
(b) Black Beauty.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Gone With The Wind.
10. Who admires Dally because he is gallant?
11. Where do Steve and Soda work?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hamburger stand.
12. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
(a) He hears the ambulance siren.
(b) He is wearing handcuffs.
(c) He is in a police car.
(d) He can't find Johnny.
13. What does Ponyboy say to hurt Johnny's feelings when they are walking home from the drive-in?
(a) That Johnny isn't wanted at home.
(b) That Johnny is like a Soc.
(c) That Ponyboy and Johnny are not friends.
(d) That Marcia doesn't like Johnny.
14. Who is the only person who can tease Darry?
(a) His father.
15. Who shows up at the hospital with Darry to see Ponyboy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jumps Ponyboy when he is walking home from the movie theater?
2. To whom does Johnny compare the southern gentlemen in the book he and Ponyboy are reading?
3. What does Cherry do to Dally at the drive-in?
4. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
5. What time do Ponyboy and Johnny get to the park?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)