|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ponyboy pass out after the fire?
(a) Someone punches him.
(b) He fell out a window and hit his head.
(c) Dally hit him to put out the flames on his back.
(d) He passes out from shock.
2. Where do Johnny and Ponyboy get "trapped" at the park?
(a) In the sandbox.
(b) At the bike racks.
(c) In a tree.
(d) At the fountain.
3. Who comes to rescue Ponyboy when he gets jumped while walking home?
(b) Darry and the rest of the gang.
(c) The police.
(d) His parents.
4. Johnny thinks that Dally is so ________ that it scares him.
5. What happened to Ponyboy's parents?
(a) They lost all their money in the stock market.
(b) The moved to another town.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They were killed in a car wreck.
6. What makes Johnny stand up for Dally when the Soc girls put him down?
7. Who does Ponyboy love the most out of anyone?
(a) His parents.
8. Who is nicknamed Cherry?
9. What is the source of the money that Ponyboy and Johnny get from Dally?
(a) It is Soda's savings.
(b) It is Buck Merrill's rodeo winnings.
(c) Cherry gives them the money.
(d) It is Johnny's piggy bank money.
10. Why are there children at the church in Chapter 6?
(a) They are having a picnic.
(b) They are picking flowers.
(c) They are looking for Johnny.
(d) They are going to Sunday school.
11. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her friends.
12. Why doesn't Ponyboy know what is going on during the fight in the park?
(a) He runs home.
(b) He is unconscious from nearly drowning in the fountain.
(c) He has been stabbed and passes out.
(d) Johnny covers his eyes and ears.
13. What do Ponyboy and Johnny do to pass the time while hiding out in the church?
(a) They read Gone With the Wind.
(b) They build a fort.
(c) They write letters to family.
(d) They watch movies.
14. When Dally comes to check on Johnny and Ponyboy at the church, where does he take them to eat?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) His mom's house.
(c) Dairy Queen.
15. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
(a) Stealing a car.
(b) Slashing someone's tires.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ponyboy wakes up in the church, how does he know Johnny is gone?
2. What do the two boys in the blue car call Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit?
3. What are Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends' names?
4. After the fight in the park, what does Johnny tell Ponyboy they need?
5. What kind of car do Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by in?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)