|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) They are grounded.
(b) Someone steals their car.
(c) The car runs out of gas.
(d) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
2. What does Johnny realize about the Socs in the blue car?
(a) That they are his friends.
(b) That they are Soda and Darry.
(c) That they are the ones who beat him up so badly.
(d) That they are greasers.
3. What is the name of the grown-up who is at the fire?
(a) Mr. Smith.
4. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(b) Darry covers his mouth.
(c) He is in shock.
(d) He is afraid he will cry.
5. Who tells Dally to leave the Soc girls alone?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dally tries to comfort Johnny by telling him that he doesn't need _____________.
2. Who tells Ponyboy that he will not be going to the rumble?
3. Which of the characters is in critical condition after the fire?
4. What do the two boys in the blue car call Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit?
5. When he awakes after passing out from the fire in Chapter 6, why does Ponyboy wonder if he and Johnny have been caught by the cops?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)