|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Ponyboy speak when he hears of Johnny's condition?
(a) The doctor tells him to be silent.
(b) He is afraid he will cry.
(c) Darry covers his mouth.
(d) He is in shock.
2. What are the names of the girls Ponyboy and the greasers meet at the drive-in?
(a) Jennifer and Mary.
(b) Whitney and Barbara.
(c) Sandy and Marcia.
(d) Sherri and Marcia.
3. What major event happens in the park that is a turning point in the story?
(a) Johnny kills Bob.
(b) Johnny shoots Ponyboy.
(c) Randy gets stabbed.
(d) Ponyboy drowns.
4. Why don't Cherry and Marcia have a car?
(a) They got in a fight with their boyfriends.
(b) Someone steals their car.
(c) The car runs out of gas.
(d) They are grounded.
5. What does Soda want to do after the big rumble?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Move away.
(c) Get married.
(d) Put Ponyboy in a home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ponyboy and his brothers go home from the hospital in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Cherry say would not understand if she hung out with Ponyboy at school?
3. In Ponyboy's view, what is the only thing that makes him a greaser?
4. What does the Shepherd gang's whistle mean?
5. What does Two-Bit say Dally got caught doing in the parking lot?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)