|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(c) They are all equally angry.
2. What is the PDI of people of the United States?
(a) About in the middle.
(c) It's never been measured.
3. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
(b) They are average for the airline industry.
(c) They are unhappy.
(d) They are inattentive and undertrained.
4. What does Gladwell think is the reason for the success of the KIPP Academy?
(a) They cater to advantaged children.
(b) They have stepped outside the cultural legacy on which most public school systems are based.
(c) They only admit those in the upper 10 percent of the IQ range.
(d) They welcome any student who wants to learn.
5. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(a) Well drained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
2. What does Gladwell say is an inviolate part of the school year?
3. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
4. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
5. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)