|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) How low their fuel is.
(b) Correct evaculation procedures.
(c) Why their plane is on fire.
(d) Their altitude.
2. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
(a) Skills as artists.
(b) Skills as tailors.
(c) Knowledge of wine making.
3. When is Harlan settled?
4. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(b) Well drained.
5. When does Korean Airline flight 801 crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who settles Harlan?
2. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
3. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
4. What is a proxy war?
5. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gladwell think is the cause of families feuding?
2. Where is Harlan, and who settled it?
3. How does PDI explain the crash of the Colombian airliner?
4. What are proxy wars?
5. What evidence is there that summer vacations may be hindering the success of many students?
6. How does the crash of Flight 801 fit a pattern for Korean Airlines?
7. What does Suren Ratwatte say about a Colombian airliner that crashes in New York?
8. How does understanding math relate to growing rice?
9. What experiment do Dov Cohen and Richard Nisbett conduct in the 1990s?
10. How do the students at KIPP Academy differ from those of other public schools?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)