|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) Many plane crashes.
(b) A culture of honor.
(c) A high PDI.
(d) A very low PDI.
2. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
(a) Only the very brightest students students make progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(b) The smartest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(c) The poorest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(d) The most average studentsstudents make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
3. Where is the school that Gladwell focuses on in "Marita's Bargan"?
(a) South Bronx.
4. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) Keep it.
(b) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(c) Gladwell does not say.
(d) Share it.
5. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(b) Competition to hire garment workers.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
2. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
3. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
4. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
5. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)