|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Harlan?
(a) In southwestern Kentucky.
(b) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
(c) In Western Tennessee.
(d) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
2. What does George Hofstede research?
(a) Cultural differences within a country.
(b) Plane crashes.
(c) Training routines.
(d) Cultural differences among countries.
3. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(c) Rice paddies.
4. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Maine.
(c) University of Kentucky.
(d) University of Illinois.
5. What is the KIPP Academy?
(a) A private, well-funded elementary school.
(b) A public high school.
(c) A private, well-funded high school.
(d) The school that Marita goes to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the burden of understanding placed in a conversation between two Koreans?
2. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
3. What type of parenting style seems to be beneficial to the education of children?
4. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
5. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a work ethic related to growing rice?
2. Explain the term "Power Distance Index" and who coins the term.
3. What is entailed in growing rice?
4. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. What experiment do Dov Cohen and Richard Nisbett conduct in the 1990s?
6. What evidence is there that summer vacations may be hindering the success of many students?
7. What does Gladwell say about early American educational theorists?
8. How do Korean Airlines change their bad record of crashes?
9. Who is Joe Flom?
10. How does PDI explain the crash of the Colombian airliner?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)