|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
2. What does Korean Airlines perform?
(a) Fire all of the employees.
(b) A extensive retrofit of their planes.
(c) An internal audit.
(d) An upgrade to their planes.
3. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
(a) The owners of the most profitable coal mines in West Virginia.
(b) The most wealthy families in Kentucky.
(c) Another feuding family in Kentucky.
(d) Two other garment-industry families in Tennessee.
4. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) Litigious distribution.
(b) Demographic luck.
(c) High birth rates.
(d) Luck of the Draw.
5. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(a) Two or three times a month.
(b) Just in the summer.
(d) Just in the Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
2. What percentage above the average student do KIPP students attend school?
3. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
4. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
5. When is Harlan settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gladwell think is the cause of families feuding?
2. Where is Harlan, and who settled it?
3. Why doesn't Joe Flom work for a large, prestigious law group when he graduates from law school?
4. How do the students at KIPP Academy differ from those of other public schools?
5. What is the second part of the experiment and the final result?
6. What experiment do Dov Cohen and Richard Nisbett conduct in the 1990s?
7. Why is Flom willing to work proxy wars?
8. What are proxy wars?
9. What is KIPP and who are its students?
10. How does PDI explain the crash of the Colombian airliner?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)