|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(b) CEO of a trade corporation.
(d) CEO of a technological corporation.
2. Of what heritage is Joe Flom?
3. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) The weather.
(b) It is fixed.
(c) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(d) Any wars going on.
4. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(b) Competition to hire garment workers.
(c) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(d) Competition to buy potential mining land.
5. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It results in over stimulating the mind.
(b) It engenders strong morals.
(c) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
(d) It keeps young people out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
2. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
3. Who settles Harlan?
4. What is a proxy war?
5. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joe Flom?
2. What does Gladwell think is the cause of families feuding?
3. How does Harlan gain notoriety in its early days?
4. What is Gladwell's general premise about the connection between growing rice and the success of Asian peoples?
5. What is Gladwell's interpretation of Cohen and Nisbett's experiment?
6. What is entailed in growing rice?
7. What does Gladwell say about early American educational theorists?
8. What is KIPP and who are its students?
9. What is the second part of the experiment and the final result?
10. How do Korean Airlines change their bad record of crashes?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)