|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade level is the school?
(d) Community college.
2. What type of parenting style seems to be beneficial to the education of children?
(a) The parents who force their children to work for pay over the summer.
(b) The ones who allow the children to choose what they want to do over the summer.
(c) The parents who are so busy, the children have to read to fill their time.
(d) Those who engage their children and offer them opportunities continue to learn and improve over the summer.
3. What do some countries consider doing with Korean Airlines?
(a) Encourage it to operate in their country.
(b) Suing it.
(c) Banning it from landing in their countries.
(d) Helping it overcome its safety problems.
4. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
(c) Just that one.
5. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Farming groups.
(b) Industrial groups.
(c) Mining groups.
(d) Herding groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
2. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
3. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
4. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. Where is Harlan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does PDI explain the crash of the Colombian airliner?
2. Where is Harlan, and who settled it?
3. How does the crash of Flight 801 fit a pattern for Korean Airlines?
4. How does understanding math relate to growing rice?
5. How do the students at KIPP Academy differ from those of other public schools?
6. How do Korean Airlines change their bad record of crashes?
7. What is the third lesson of Joe Flom?
8. What does Gladwell say about early American educational theorists?
9. What evidence is there that summer vacations may be hindering the success of many students?
10. How is a work ethic related to growing rice?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)