|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are these proxy wars characterized?
(b) Hostile and messy.
(c) Borderline illegal.
2. When is Harlan settled?
3. What percentage above the average student do KIPP students attend school?
4. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(d) They are all equally angry.
5. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(b) Washington, D. C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
2. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
3. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
4. When is Joe Flom born?
5. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gladwell's general premise about the connection between growing rice and the success of Asian peoples?
2. How is a work ethic related to growing rice?
3. How does PDI explain the crash of the Colombian airliner?
4. Where is Harlan, and who settled it?
5. What does Gladwell say about early American educational theorists?
6. Describe the plane crash of Korean Airlines Flight 801 in 1997.
7. How do Korean Airlines change their bad record of crashes?
8. Who is Joe Flom?
9. What experiment do Dov Cohen and Richard Nisbett conduct in the 1990s?
10. What is KIPP and who are its students?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)