|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are killed in the crash of flight 801?
2. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
3. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(b) Gladwell does not say.
(c) Share it.
(d) Keep it.
4. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(a) CEO of a technological corporation.
(c) CEO of a trade corporation.
5. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(b) How human behavior can affect success.
(c) How human behavior can affect longevity.
(d) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
2. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
3. What does Gladwell think is the reason for the success of the KIPP Academy?
4. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
5. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Suren Ratwatte say about a Colombian airliner that crashes in New York?
2. What is entailed in growing rice?
3. How is a work ethic related to growing rice?
4. What are proxy wars?
5. Why is Flom willing to work proxy wars?
6. Who is Joe Flom?
7. Explain the term "Power Distance Index" and who coins the term.
8. What evidence is there that summer vacations may be hindering the success of many students?
9. Describe the plane crash of Korean Airlines Flight 801 in 1997.
10. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)