|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Innate ability.
(b) Parental support.
(d) Exposure at an early age.
3. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Codes for the university's class schedules.
(b) Codes for using all the available programs.
(c) Unlimited time on the computer.
(d) Codes for the university's grades.
4. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(b) UC Berkeley.
5. Where does Langan grow up?
(c) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
2. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
3. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
4. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
Short Essay Questions
1. When are most of Canada's best hockey players born, and why does Barnley think that is so?
2. What does Wolf finally decide is the reason for the low number of heart disease-related deaths?
3. What does Wolf investigate and what does he learn?
4. What is the origination of the title of this chapter, "The Matthew Effect"?
5. What does Gladwell say Langan does not seem to be able to do?
6. What experiment does Lewis Terman carry out beginning in the 1920s?
7. Who is Bill Joy and what did he do?
8. Describe Chris Langan's childhood and college years.
9. What does having a high IQ give a person?
10. To what does Gladwell attribute the difference between Langan and Oppenheimer?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)