|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They actually fail more often than other children.
(c) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
2. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(b) Believe in himself.
(c) Make a game plan and stick to it.
(d) Convince people to help him.
3. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
(a) Oklahoma State University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) UC Berkeley.
(d) University of Montana.
4. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(b) His grades fall.
(c) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
(d) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
5. What does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country discussed?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(c) Just birth date.
(d) Just names and hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Langan unprepared to do?
2. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
3. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
4. Where does Langan grow up?
5. Where does Langan end up living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the unusual circumstances in the timing of Bill Joy's career in computer programming?
2. What table of data does Gladwell insert in his book at this point?
3. What does Anders Ericcson learn in a study he makes of musicians?
4. How do the students at KIPP Academy differ from those of other public schools?
5. What does Gladwell say about early American educational theorists?
6. Explain the term "Power Distance Index" and who coins the term.
7. What does Wolf finally decide is the reason for the low heart disease rate?
8. How is a work ethic related to growing rice?
9. What experiment do Dov Cohen and Richard Nisbett conduct in the 1990s?
10. What is Gladwell's general premise about the connection between growing rice and the success of Asian peoples?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)