|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Accept mediocrity.
(b) Push past his fears.
(c) Assert himself in an urban setting.
(d) Work hard.
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An experiment in liberality.
(d) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
3. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(b) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(c) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Paul Allen.
(b) Bill Joy.
(c) Steve Jobs.
(d) He founds it by himself.
5. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A Senate investigation committee.
(d) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
2. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
3. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
4. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What table of data does Gladwell insert in his book at this point?
2. Who is Chris Langan?
3. What does Gladwell assert about intelligence and what analogy does he use?
4. How does Joy and some of his fellow students make it possible to use the computers more than is allowed and what is the result?
5. Describe Canada's system of amateur hockey leagues.
6. Where is Roseto and who founded it?
7. To what does Gladwell attribute the difference between Langan and Oppenheimer?
8. What does IQ stand for and who developed a test to measure it?
9. What experiment does Lewis Terman carry out beginning in the 1920s?
10. Where is Langan at the time Gladwell writes his book?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)