|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their family history.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their income status.
(d) Their diet.
2. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(b) They actually fail more often than other children.
(c) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
3. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Bill Joy.
4. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) June 1 and September 1.
(b) January 1 and June 1.
(c) There is no set determination.
(d) January 1.
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
2. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
3. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
4. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
5. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the local physician's claim unusual, and what does Wolf decide to do?
2. What does IQ stand for and who developed a test to measure it?
3. To what does Gladwell attribute the difference between Langan and Oppenheimer?
4. How does Joy and some of his fellow students make it possible to use the computers more than is allowed and what is the result?
5. Who is Robert Oppenheimer and what does he accomplish?
6. With what definition does Gladwell open his book?
7. Describe Canada's system of amateur hockey leagues.
8. Describe Chris Langan's childhood and college years.
9. What is Langan working on and when does he expect to publish it?
10. What did the experiment track and what are the results?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)