|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(c) It depends upon how complex the task is.
3. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
(a) He hates the core required courses.
(b) He gets in trouble for breaking the rules.
(c) He hates the climate.
(d) His schedule is not flexible.
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan grow up?
2. What is Langan unprepared to do?
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
4. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
5. Where does this band get their start playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris Langan's childhood and college years.
2. What did the experiment track and what are the results?
3. Who is Bill Joy and what did he do?
4. Where is Langan at the time Gladwell writes his book?
5. How are students in the hockey leagues grouped and what is the way the children move into other leagues?
6. What does IQ stand for and who developed a test to measure it?
7. To what does Gladwell attribute the difference between Langan and Oppenheimer?
8. Describe Canada's system of amateur hockey leagues.
9. What does having a high IQ give a person?
10. What makes Roseto an "outlier" town and how does this fact come to light?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)