|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
3. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(c) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
4. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(b) The CIA couterintelligence division.
(c) A professorship at MIT.
(d) The FBI's forensics unit.
5. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in himself.
(b) Convince people to help him.
(c) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(d) Make a game plan and stick to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Joy co-found?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
5. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gladwell write about the rock group called The Beatles?
2. What does Wolf finally decide is the reason for the low number of heart disease-related deaths?
3. What does Gladwell say a surface examination of the Canadian hockey league system would suggest?
4. Who is Bill Joy and what did he do?
5. Why is the local physician's claim unusual, and what does Wolf decide to do?
6. What does Gladwell assert about intelligence and what analogy does he use?
7. Who is Robert Oppenheimer and what does he accomplish?
8. What does having a high IQ give a person?
9. How are students in the hockey leagues grouped and what is the way the children move into other leagues?
10. What is Langan working on and when does he expect to publish it?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)