|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be social misfits.
(b) They will be successful adults.
(c) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(d) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
2. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(b) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(c) A test for behavior psychosis.
(d) A test for intelligence.
3. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(d) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
4. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Heart disease.
5. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
(a) Barely adequate.
(c) Extremely high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Joy co-found?
2. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
5. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chris Langan?
2. What is Langan working on and when does he expect to publish it?
3. What table of data does Gladwell insert in his book at this point?
4. Who is Robert Oppenheimer and what does he accomplish?
5. What does having a high IQ give a person?
6. How are students in the hockey leagues grouped and what is the way the children move into other leagues?
7. Who is Bill Joy and what did he do?
8. What does Gladwell write about the rock group called The Beatles?
9. What is the origination of the title of this chapter, "The Matthew Effect"?
10. What does Anders Ericcson learn in a study he makes of musicians?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)