|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
(a) Barely adequate.
(b) Extremely high.
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Innate ability.
(c) Parental support.
(d) Exposure at an early age.
3. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) Just beginning.
(b) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(c) The best in the world.
(d) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
4. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 0 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) Just smart enough.
(b) High intelligence and motivation.
(c) High intelligence and a good family life.
(d) Just high intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
4. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gladwell say a surface examination of the Canadian hockey league system would suggest?
2. Who is Chris Langan?
3. How does Joy and some of his fellow students make it possible to use the computers more than is allowed and what is the result?
4. When are most of Canada's best hockey players born, and why does Barnley think that is so?
5. Where is Langan at the time Gladwell writes his book?
6. What experiment does Lewis Terman carry out beginning in the 1920s?
7. What does Wolf investigate and what does he learn?
8. What are the unusual circumstances in the timing of Bill Joy's career in computer programming?
9. Describe Canada's system of amateur hockey leagues.
10. How are students in the hockey leagues grouped and what is the way the children move into other leagues?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)