|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) Todd Binet.
(b) Lewis Terman.
(d) John Stanford.
2. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. Where does Langan grow up?
(b) South Dakota.
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(b) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(c) The importance of good looks for acting.
(d) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(c) A sense of community.
(d) Leisure time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
3. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
4. In what year does Joy start college?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does having a high IQ give a person?
2. What is the 10,000-Hour Rule?
3. What does Anders Ericcson learn in a study he makes of musicians?
4. What does Gladwell say a surface examination of the Canadian hockey league system would suggest?
5. Describe Chris Langan's childhood and college years.
6. What experiment does Lewis Terman carry out beginning in the 1920s?
7. Describe Canada's system of amateur hockey leagues.
8. What did the experiment track and what are the results?
9. What makes Roseto an "outlier" town and how does this fact come to light?
10. Who is Chris Langan?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)