|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company does Joy co-found?
(c) Sun Microsystems.
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(c) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(d) Those who have much will get even more.
3. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) An outlier.
(c) A progressive town.
(d) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
4. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A computer programmer.
(b) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(c) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(d) An Apple programmer.
5. What college does Joy attend?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
2. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
5. Where does Langan earn a scholarship to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Suren Ratwatte say about a Colombian airliner that crashes in New York?
2. What is the origination of the title of this chapter, "The Matthew Effect"?
3. How do the students at KIPP Academy differ from those of other public schools?
4. What is Gladwell's interpretation of Cohen and Nisbett's experiment?
5. What does Gladwell assert about intelligence and what analogy does he use?
6. Who is Robert Oppenheimer and what does he accomplish?
7. What is the 10,000-Hour Rule?
8. What does IQ stand for and who developed a test to measure it?
9. Who is Bill Joy and what did he do?
10. What is KIPP and who are its students?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)