|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what heritage is Joe Flom?
2. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(b) CEO of a trade corporation.
(d) CEO of a technological corporation.
3. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
(a) They are excluded from taking more respectable work.
(b) They like the excitement of it.
(c) They are able to save the companies a great deal of money.
(d) They enjoy figuring out how to keep it just legal.
4. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
(a) Working with indigent patients at a public hospital.
(b) Buying and selling goods at trade shows.
(c) A take over of a public company.
(d) Whatever he is told to do.
5. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
(a) White shirt law firms.
(b) Black shoe law firms.
(c) Black tie law firms.
(d) White shoe law firms.
6. Where does it crash?
(d) North Korea.
7. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
(a) The most average studentsstudents make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(b) The poorest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(c) Only the very brightest students students make progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(d) The smartest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
8. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Fast for 24 hours.
(b) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(c) Fill out a questionaire.
(d) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
9. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) Share it.
(b) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(c) Keep it.
(d) Gladwell does not say.
10. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(c) Well drained.
11. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Maine.
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Kentucky.
12. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
(a) Sweat breaking out on the face.
(b) Red in face.
(c) Saliva sample.
(d) Blood work.
13. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
(a) It is a fairly simple system.
(b) It requires very little water.
(c) It requires very little attention.
(d) It is a complicated system.
14. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
(a) Summer break.
(b) Better facilities.
(c) Breaks throughout the year.
15. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
(a) A small portion of their crops.
(b) About half of the farmers' crops.
(c) None of the crops.
(d) The larger portion of their crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
2. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
3. Where is Harlan?
4. What grade level is the school?
5. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)