|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Maine.
(d) University of Kentucky.
2. What does Korean airlines realize is a large part of their problem?
(a) Their lack of good mechanics.
(b) Their cultural legacy.
(c) Their old planes.
(d) Their pay structure.
3. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
(b) Breaks throughout the year.
(c) Better facilities.
(d) Summer break.
4. Where is the school that Gladwell focuses on in "Marita's Bargan"?
(d) South Bronx.
5. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(d) Washington, D. C.
6. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
(a) Black shoe law firms.
(b) White shoe law firms.
(c) Black tie law firms.
(d) White shirt law firms.
7. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
(a) Red in face.
(b) Saliva sample.
(c) Sweat breaking out on the face.
(d) Blood work.
8. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
(a) A take over of a public company.
(b) Whatever he is told to do.
(c) Buying and selling goods at trade shows.
(d) Working with indigent patients at a public hospital.
9. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) By hand.
(b) With one machine.
(c) With two special machines.
(d) It depends on the species of rice.
10. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) A high PDI.
(b) A very low PDI.
(c) A culture of honor.
(d) Many plane crashes.
11. What is a proxy war?
(a) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(b) When two companies war over the same contract.
(c) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(d) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
12. How is the pilot described?
(a) A workaholic.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) Very experienced.
(d) Fairly inexperienced.
13. What is the KIPP Academy?
(a) The school that Marita goes to.
(b) A private, well-funded high school.
(c) A private, well-funded elementary school.
(d) A public high school.
14. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) Competition to hire garment workers.
15. When is Harlan settled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
2. Where does it crash?
3. Who settles Harlan?
4. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
5. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)