|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
(a) Walk down a hall to hand it in.
(b) Write up their impressions of the experience.
(c) Undergo a battery of psychological tests.
(d) Share their experience with an audience.
2. What does George Hofstede research?
(a) Training routines.
(b) Cultural differences among countries.
(c) Plane crashes.
(d) Cultural differences within a country.
3. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(b) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(c) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(d) Competition to hire garment workers.
4. What percentage above the average student do KIPP students attend school?
5. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) He is born in a time when the laws are favorable for Jewish people in the United States.
(b) He is born in a time when law is not a popular field in the United States.
(c) He is born in a time when there is a low birth rate in the United States.
(d) He is born in a time when there is a high birth rate in the United States.
6. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
7. What does Gladwell say is an inviolate part of the school year?
(a) Moving from grade to grade without challenge.
(b) Summer vacation.
(c) Changing classes.
8. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(c) They are all equally angry.
9. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
(a) Just that one.
10. What does Korean Airlines perform?
(a) An internal audit.
(b) A extensive retrofit of their planes.
(c) An upgrade to their planes.
(d) Fire all of the employees.
11. What grade level is the school?
(d) Community college.
12. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect success.
(b) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(c) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(d) How human behavior can affect longevity.
13. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(b) When two companies war over the same contract.
(c) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(d) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
14. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
(a) Only the very brightest students students make progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(b) The poorest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(c) The most average studentsstudents make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(d) The smartest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
15. What is the PDI of people of the United States?
(c) It's never been measured.
(d) About in the middle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people quick to do in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
2. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
3. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
4. What is the KIPP Academy?
5. Who are the Howards and Turners?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)