|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Harlan settled?
2. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) Their altitude.
(b) Why their plane is on fire.
(c) How low their fuel is.
(d) Correct evaculation procedures.
3. What do the pilots instruments indicate?
(a) He is lower than he expects to be.
(b) He is higher than he expects to be.
(c) He is out of fuel.
(d) He has lots of fuel.
4. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(c) They are all equally angry.
5. What did early American educational theorists claim about education?
(a) Anyone can attain a high level of excellence if s/he works hard enough.
(b) Not everyone who is educated is wise.
(c) Education is not for those who prefer the school of hard knocks.
(d) Too much education is not good for average people.
6. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) A culture of honor.
(b) A high PDI.
(c) Many plane crashes.
(d) A very low PDI.
7. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
(a) Write up their impressions of the experience.
(b) Share their experience with an audience.
(c) Walk down a hall to hand it in.
(d) Undergo a battery of psychological tests.
8. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Heavy fog.
(c) The electricity is off.
(d) Heavy smoke.
9. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
10. When is Joe Flom born?
11. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) It is fixed.
(b) Any wars going on.
(c) The weather.
(d) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
12. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It results in over stimulating the mind.
(b) It engenders strong morals.
(c) It keeps young people out of trouble.
(d) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
13. Where is Harlan?
(a) In southwestern Kentucky.
(b) In Western Tennessee.
(c) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
(d) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
14. Where does it crash?
(a) North Korea.
15. How many people are killed in the crash of flight 801?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
2. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
3. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
4. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
5. What type of parenting style seems to be beneficial to the education of children?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)