|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Hofstede research?
(a) Plane crashes.
(b) Training routines.
(c) Cultural differences among countries.
(d) Cultural differences within a country.
2. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
(a) Skills as tailors.
(b) Skills as artists.
(c) Knowledge of wine making.
3. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(b) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(c) How human behavior can affect success.
(d) How human behavior can affect longevity.
4. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
(b) It engenders strong morals.
(c) It keeps young people out of trouble.
(d) It results in over stimulating the mind.
5. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(c) North America.
(d) South America.
6. What is the KIPP Academy?
(a) A private, well-funded high school.
(b) A private, well-funded elementary school.
(c) The school that Marita goes to.
(d) A public high school.
7. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
(c) Just that one.
8. What is not unique in Harlan?
(a) A spirit of community.
(b) Feuds between two families.
(c) Cooperation between various wealthy families to the detriment of the poor.
(d) Large quartz mines.
9. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
(a) One of the audience members.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the psychologists interviewing the men.
(d) A man partially blocking the hallway.
10. What does Korean airlines realize is a large part of their problem?
(a) Their pay structure.
(b) Their old planes.
(c) Their lack of good mechanics.
(d) Their cultural legacy.
11. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(b) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(c) College is not valued at that time.
(d) The supply of students is relatively low.
12. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
(a) Families who go into the garment industry.
(b) Family feuds.
(c) Families who go into the tobacco industry.
(d) Families who go into coal mining.
13. Of what heritage is Joe Flom?
14. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) It is fixed.
(b) Any wars going on.
(c) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(d) The weather.
15. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(b) Two or three times a month.
(c) Just in the summer.
(d) Just in the Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harlan?
2. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
3. What grade level is the school?
4. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
5. What did early American educational theorists claim about education?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)