|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(a) CEO of a technological corporation.
(b) CEO of a trade corporation.
2. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) From being Hispanic.
(b) From being Jewish.
(c) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(d) From being Irish.
3. What does Gladwell call the culture of many people who settle in Kentucky?
(a) Culture of knowledge.
(b) Culture of religion.
(c) Culture of honor.
(d) Culture of belief.
4. What do some countries consider doing with Korean Airlines?
(a) Suing it.
(b) Encourage it to operate in their country.
(c) Helping it overcome its safety problems.
(d) Banning it from landing in their countries.
5. Where is the burden of understanding placed in a conversation between two Koreans?
(a) Equally between the listener and speaker.
(b) The speaker.
(c) The listener.
(d) It depends on the relative social status of the two who are interacting.
6. How many people are killed in the crash of flight 801?
7. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
(a) Red in face.
(b) Blood work.
(c) Saliva sample.
(d) Sweat breaking out on the face.
8. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
(a) Buying and selling goods at trade shows.
(b) Whatever he is told to do.
(c) Working with indigent patients at a public hospital.
(d) A take over of a public company.
9. What is the KIPP Academy?
(a) The school that Marita goes to.
(b) A public high school.
(c) A private, well-funded high school.
(d) A private, well-funded elementary school.
10. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
(b) Summer break.
(c) Breaks throughout the year.
(d) Better facilities.
11. When does Korean Airline flight 801 crash?
12. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
(a) Black tie law firms.
(b) White shoe law firms.
(c) White shirt law firms.
(d) Black shoe law firms.
13. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(c) Well drained.
14. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(b) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(c) When two companies war over the same contract.
(d) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
15. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
(a) Artists in various areas.
(b) Doctors and lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade level is the school?
2. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
3. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
4. How is the pilot described?
5. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)