|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) Many plane crashes.
(b) A culture of honor.
(c) A high PDI.
(d) A very low PDI.
2. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
(a) Only the very brightest students students make progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(b) The smartest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(c) The poorest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(d) The most average studentsstudents make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
3. Where is the school that Gladwell focuses on in "Marita's Bargan"?
(a) South Bronx.
4. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) Keep it.
(b) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(c) Gladwell does not say.
(d) Share it.
5. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(b) Competition to hire garment workers.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
6. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
(b) It results in over stimulating the mind.
(c) It engenders strong morals.
(d) It keeps young people out of trouble.
7. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
(a) About half of the farmers' crops.
(b) A small portion of their crops.
(c) None of the crops.
(d) The larger portion of their crops.
8. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
(a) Artists in various areas.
(c) Doctors and lawyers.
9. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To keep from starving.
(b) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(c) To conserve energy and to eat less.
(d) To keep their bodies from overwork.
10. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
(a) Better facilities.
(b) Summer break.
(d) Breaks throughout the year.
11. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(d) Washington, D. C.
12. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) It is fixed.
(b) Any wars going on.
(c) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(d) The weather.
13. What grade level is the school?
(d) Community college.
14. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect longevity.
(b) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(c) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(d) How human behavior can affect success.
15. What do some countries consider doing with Korean Airlines?
(a) Suing it.
(b) Banning it from landing in their countries.
(c) Helping it overcome its safety problems.
(d) Encourage it to operate in their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Joe Flom born?
2. What does George Hofstede research?
3. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
4. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
5. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)