|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Assert himself in an urban setting.
(b) Accept mediocrity.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Push past his fears.
2. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(b) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(c) The rest of Terman's story.
(d) The rest of Langan's story.
3. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Car accidents.
(c) Heart attacks.
(d) Infectious diseases.
4. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A chess meet.
(b) A Senate investigation committee.
(c) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(d) A television quiz show.
5. What college does Joy attend?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
6. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local physician.
(b) Several local ministers.
(c) A local politician.
(d) Several sociology professors.
7. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) Teach hockey in colleges.
(b) Coach professional hockey teams.
(c) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(d) Play professionally.
8. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
9. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A statistician.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A psychologist.
10. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A British hockey coach.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A Canadian psychologist.
(d) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
11. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking teachers' opinions.
(b) By sifting through school records.
(c) By observing students on the play ground.
(d) By asking for volunteers.
12. In what year does Joy start college?
13. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(d) UC Berkeley.
14. What computer language does Joy help create?
15. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their diet.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their outlooks on life.
(d) Their income status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
3. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
4. Where does Langan grow up?
5. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)