|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(b) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(c) They are average compared to other Americans.
(d) He does not mention their health.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) Remarkable intelligence.
(c) The appearance of being slow.
(d) Average intelligence.
3. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(b) A theory of the universe.
(c) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(d) A theory of energy.
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
5. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
6. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(d) UC Berkeley.
7. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(a) The accuracy of IQ tests.
8. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their family history.
9. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(c) Those who have much will get even more.
(d) A high IQ is required for chess success.
10. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(b) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(c) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(d) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
11. What computer language does Joy help create?
12. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
13. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Bill Joy.
(c) Paul Allen.
(d) He founds it by himself.
14. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(b) Slate quarry.
15. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The subject of IQ.
(b) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(c) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
(d) The school system in which Langan grows up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
2. Who is Anders Ericcson?
3. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
4. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
5. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)