|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
(b) Extremely high.
(d) Barely adequate.
2. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Mississippi.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural Missouri.
(d) Rural South Dakota.
3. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(b) They will be social misfits.
(c) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(d) They will be successful adults.
4. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
5. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(d) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
6. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1 and June 1.
(b) January 1.
(c) June 1 and September 1.
(d) There is no set determination.
7. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Divorce rate.
(b) Suicide rate.
(c) Death rate from strokes.
(d) Death rate from heart disease.
8. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) The Doors.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) Led Zeppelin.
9. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
(b) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(c) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
(d) His grades fall.
10. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) They are called first to play on teams.
(b) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(c) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(d) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
11. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(b) Medicine Wheel.
(c) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(d) Coyote of Fortune.
12. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access only via the mainframe.
(b) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(c) Access via the telephone.
(d) Loading one application at a time.
13. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Swedish immigrants.
(b) Italian immigrants.
(c) Irish immigrants.
(d) German immigrants.
14. What college does Joy attend?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) UC Berkeley.
15. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their outlooks on life.
(b) Their diet.
(c) Their income status.
(d) Their family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
4. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
5. Who is Chris Langan?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)