|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
(a) His schedule is not flexible.
(b) He gets in trouble for breaking the rules.
(c) He hates the core required courses.
(d) He hates the climate.
2. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Missouri.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural South Dakota.
(d) Rural Mississippi.
3. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(b) UC Berkeley.
4. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of the universe.
(b) A theory of energy.
(c) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(d) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A physician and professor.
6. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(b) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(c) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(d) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
7. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) An inferiority complex.
(c) An unusually strong deference to authority.
(d) A lack of drive.
8. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(b) Late 1950s.
9. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(b) Teach hockey in colleges.
(c) Coach professional hockey teams.
(d) Play professionally.
10. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(b) From very young through into their adult lives.
(c) From very young until graduation from college.
(d) From very young until ninth grade.
11. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Italian immigrants.
(b) Irish immigrants.
(c) German immigrants.
(d) Swedish immigrants.
12. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(b) The best in the world.
(c) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(d) Just beginning.
13. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(b) A professorship at MIT.
(c) The CIA couterintelligence division.
(d) The FBI's forensics unit.
14. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
(b) Barely adequate.
(d) Extremely high.
15. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(c) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
2. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
3. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)