|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Very wealthy.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Very poor.
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(c) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(d) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
4. What computer language does Joy help create?
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(c) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
6. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(d) It depends upon how complex the task is.
7. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Convince people to help him.
(b) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(c) Believe in himself.
(d) Make a game plan and stick to it.
8. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) It is unprovable.
(b) It would be considered too wacky.
(c) No credentials.
(d) It is not finished.
9. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Missouri.
(b) Rural Mississippi.
(c) Rural South Dakota.
(d) Rural Wyoming.
10. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
11. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(a) His family life.
(c) His social life.
(d) Emotional instability.
12. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
13. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(b) Exposure at an early age.
(c) Parental support.
(d) Innate ability.
14. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(d) An experiment in liberality.
15. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
2. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
3. Who is Stewart Wolf?
4. What company does Joy co-found?
5. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)