Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They actually fail more often than other children.
(c) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
2. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(b) Believe in himself.
(c) Make a game plan and stick to it.
(d) Convince people to help him.
3. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
(a) Oklahoma State University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) UC Berkeley.
(d) University of Montana.
4. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(b) His grades fall.
(c) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
(d) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
5. What does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country discussed?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(c) Just birth date.
(d) Just names and hometown.
6. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Push past his fears.
(b) Accept mediocrity.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Assert himself in an urban setting.
7. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(b) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(c) The rest of Langan's story.
(d) The rest of Terman's story.
8. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
9. Where does Langan grow up?
(d) South Dakota.
10. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Mississippi.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural South Dakota.
(d) Rural Missouri.
11. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Irish immigrants.
(b) German immigrants.
(c) Italian immigrants.
(d) Swedish immigrants.
12. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) No credentials.
(b) It is not finished.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) It would be considered too wacky.
13. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of energy.
(b) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
14. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for behavior psychosis.
(b) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(c) A test for intelligence.
(d) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
15. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(d) Late 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
2. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
4. Who is Chris Langan?
5. What college does Joy attend?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)