|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Kentucky.
(c) University of Maine.
(d) University of Michigan.
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(b) The 1990s.
(d) The 1950s.
3. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
(a) The smartest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(b) The most average studentsstudents make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(c) Only the very brightest students students make progress in their reading skills over the summer.
(d) The poorest students make no progress in their reading skills over the summer.
4. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) Their altitude.
(b) How low their fuel is.
(c) Why their plane is on fire.
(d) Correct evaculation procedures.
5. What type of parenting style seems to be beneficial to the education of children?
(a) Those who engage their children and offer them opportunities continue to learn and improve over the summer.
(b) The parents who are so busy, the children have to read to fill their time.
(c) The parents who force their children to work for pay over the summer.
(d) The ones who allow the children to choose what they want to do over the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
2. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
4. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
5. How is the pilot described?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)