|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
(b) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(c) He does not write about basket ball players.
(d) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
2. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Birmingham, England.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
3. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By region.
(b) By age.
(c) By class.
(d) By size.
4. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Assert himself in an urban setting.
(b) Push past his fears.
(c) Accept mediocrity.
(d) Work hard.
5. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They actually fail more often than other children.
(b) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(c) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
2. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
4. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
5. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)