|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1.
(b) January 1 and June 1.
(c) There is no set determination.
(d) June 1 and September 1.
2. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(b) Rice paddies.
3. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
(a) Walk down a hall to hand it in.
(b) Undergo a battery of psychological tests.
(c) Share their experience with an audience.
(d) Write up their impressions of the experience.
4. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) Todd Binet.
(b) Lewis Terman.
(d) John Stanford.
5. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(b) When two companies war over the same contract.
(c) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(d) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. Who are the Howards and Turners?
3. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
4. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)