|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose success does Gladwell discuss in the Epilogue?
(a) A distant cousin of Gladwell's wife.
(b) A family member of Gladwell.
(c) Someone Gladwell just talked to at an airport.
(d) A friend of Gladwell's brother.
2. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) With one machine.
(b) By hand.
(c) With two special machines.
(d) It depends on the species of rice.
3. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) Practical intelligence.
(b) High intelligence.
(c) Being an entrepreneur.
4. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two families who continuously intermarry.
(b) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
(c) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
(d) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
5. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) Average intelligence.
(c) The appearance of being slow.
(d) A lack of social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
3. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
4. What is not unique in Harlan?
5. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)