|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A physician and professor.
(d) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
2. What does Gladwell say about his great-great-great grandmother?
(a) She was part of a mass exodus from Jamaica.
(b) She was educated in England.
(c) She was a slave.
(d) She was from Peru.
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The last decade of the 19th century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
4. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
(a) Write up their impressions of the experience.
(b) Walk down a hall to hand it in.
(c) Share their experience with an audience.
(d) Undergo a battery of psychological tests.
5. Who are the Borgenichts?
(a) A family of lawyers from New England.
(b) A family in the garment industry in New York.
(c) A family of vintners in New York.
(d) A group who eschew luxury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a few years after MacMillan writes his book?
2. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
3. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
4. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)