|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
(a) Oklahoma State University.
(b) University of Montana.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) UC Berkeley.
2. What is a proxy war?
(a) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(b) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(c) When two companies war over the same contract.
(d) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
3. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) Todd Binet.
(c) Lewis Terman.
(d) John Stanford.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Paul Allen.
(b) Steve Jobs.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) He founds it by himself.
5. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
(b) Two families who continuously intermarry.
(c) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
(d) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
2. What is Langan unprepared to do?
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
5. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)