|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the school that Gladwell focuses on in "Marita's Bargan"?
(d) South Bronx.
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The last decade of the 19th century.
(c) Mid-to late 20th century.
(d) The first half of the 20th century.
3. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
4. What type of parenting style seems to be beneficial to the education of children?
(a) Those who engage their children and offer them opportunities continue to learn and improve over the summer.
(b) The parents who are so busy, the children have to read to fill their time.
(c) The ones who allow the children to choose what they want to do over the summer.
(d) The parents who force their children to work for pay over the summer.
5. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are average for the airline industry.
(b) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
(c) They are inattentive and undertrained.
(d) They are unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gladwell's mother and aunt go to college?
2. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
3. How is the pilot described?
4. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
5. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)