|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) With one machine.
(b) It depends on the species of rice.
(c) With two special machines.
(d) By hand.
2. What do some countries consider doing with Korean Airlines?
(a) Banning it from landing in their countries.
(b) Encourage it to operate in their country.
(c) Suing it.
(d) Helping it overcome its safety problems.
3. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(b) He does not write about basket ball players.
(c) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(d) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
4. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Loyalty to country.
(b) Frugal living.
(c) Loyalty to clan or family.
(d) Love of the land.
5. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(a) Rice paddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood feeds into KIPP Academy?
2. Who is Chris Langan?
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
4. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
5. What is Langan unprepared to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)