|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
(a) Heavy fog.
(b) The electricity is off.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) Heavy smoke.
2. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(b) From being Jewish.
(c) From being Hispanic.
(d) From being Irish.
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(b) Those who were not premature babies.
(c) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(d) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
4. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(b) Lewis Terman.
(c) Todd Binet.
(d) John Stanford.
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call the culture of many people who settle in Kentucky?
2. When does Korean Airline flight 801 crash?
3. What percentage above the average student do KIPP students attend school?
4. What school do Gladwell's mother and her sister get to attend?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)