|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(a) His family life.
(b) His social life.
(c) Emotional instability.
2. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
4. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(c) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(d) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
5. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(b) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(c) They will be social misfits.
(d) They will be successful adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
2. Who is Roger Barnsley?
3. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
4. What is not unique in Harlan?
5. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)