|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
(a) It is a complicated system.
(b) It requires very little water.
(c) It requires very little attention.
(d) It is a fairly simple system.
2. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(d) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
3. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Infectious diseases.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
4. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
(a) They are excluded from taking more respectable work.
(b) They enjoy figuring out how to keep it just legal.
(c) They like the excitement of it.
(d) They are able to save the companies a great deal of money.
5. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
(a) Heavy smoke.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) Heavy fog.
(d) The electricity is off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
2. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
3. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
4. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
5. What is not unique in Harlan?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)