|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(d) Washington, D. C.
2. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(b) Well drained.
3. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(c) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(d) They actually fail more often than other children.
4. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(c) Those who have much will get even more.
(d) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
2. What does Korean airlines realize is a large part of their problem?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. Who settles Harlan?
5. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)