|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) Luck of the Draw.
(b) Demographic luck.
(c) High birth rates.
(d) Litigious distribution.
2. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of energy.
(b) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
3. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To keep their bodies from overwork.
(b) To keep from starving.
(c) To conserve energy and to eat less.
(d) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
4. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(b) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(c) How human behavior can affect longevity.
(d) How human behavior can affect success.
5. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(c) A chess meet.
(d) A Senate investigation committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
2. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
3. What is the PDI of people of the United States?
4. Who settles Harlan?
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)