|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
(b) He does not mention their fuel situation at all.
2. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A chess meet.
(b) A television quiz show.
(c) A Senate investigation committee.
(d) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
3. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be social misfits.
(b) They will be successful adults.
(c) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(d) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
4. Who are the Borgenichts?
(a) A family of lawyers from New England.
(b) A family in the garment industry in New York.
(c) A group who eschew luxury.
(d) A family of vintners in New York.
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Innate ability.
(c) Parental support.
(d) Exposure at an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a proxy war?
2. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
3. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
4. In what year does Joy start college?
5. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)