|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
(a) It requires very little attention.
(b) It is a complicated system.
(c) It requires very little water.
(d) It is a fairly simple system.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) The appearance of being slow.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) Average intelligence.
3. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) From being Jewish.
(b) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(c) From being Irish.
(d) From being Hispanic.
4. How is the pilot described?
(a) Very experienced.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) Fairly inexperienced.
(d) A workaholic.
5. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Middle class.
(c) Very wealthy.
(d) Very poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
3. What does Korean airlines realize is a large part of their problem?
4. Who settles Harlan?
5. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)