|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langan grow up?
(b) South Dakota.
2. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) An unusually strong deference to authority.
(c) An inferiority complex.
(d) A lack of drive.
3. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(b) They actually fail more often than other children.
(c) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
4. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect longevity.
(b) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(c) How human behavior can affect success.
(d) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
2. What do the pilots instruments indicate?
3. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
4. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)