|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(a) The 1990s.
(d) The 1950s.
2. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(c) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(d) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
3. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies war over the same contract.
(b) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(c) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(d) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
4. What do the pilots instruments indicate?
(a) He has lots of fuel.
(b) He is lower than he expects to be.
(c) He is out of fuel.
(d) He is higher than he expects to be.
5. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(b) Competition to hire garment workers.
(c) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(d) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
2. What college does Joy attend?
3. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
5. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)