|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Harlan?
(a) In Western Tennessee.
(b) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
(c) In southwestern Kentucky.
(d) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
2. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
3. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) With one machine.
(b) By hand.
(c) It depends on the species of rice.
(d) With two special machines.
4. When is Harlan settled?
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A physician and professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
2. Who is Chris Langan?
3. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
4. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
5. In what year does Joy start college?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)