|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(c) North America.
(d) South America.
2. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) He founds it by himself.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) Steve Jobs.
3. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
(a) Moves to New York City to panhandle.
(b) Works construction.
(c) Works on his family's farm.
(d) Joins a rock band.
4. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) High intelligence.
(b) Being an entrepreneur.
(d) Practical intelligence.
5. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) Mid-to late 20th century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) The last decade of the 19th century.
(d) The first decade of the 21st century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
3. What do the pilots instruments indicate?
4. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
5. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)