|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(d) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
2. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) How low their fuel is.
(b) Correct evaculation procedures.
(c) Why their plane is on fire.
(d) Their altitude.
3. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) The weather.
(b) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(c) It is fixed.
(d) Any wars going on.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Paul Allen.
(b) Steve Jobs.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Bill Joy.
5. What do some countries consider doing with Korean Airlines?
(a) Banning it from landing in their countries.
(b) Encourage it to operate in their country.
(c) Helping it overcome its safety problems.
(d) Suing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
2. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
3. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
4. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)