|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) How low their fuel is.
(b) Correct evaculation procedures.
(c) Their altitude.
(d) Why their plane is on fire.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Average intelligence.
(b) Remarkable intelligence.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) The appearance of being slow.
3. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Loyalty to country.
(b) Loyalty to clan or family.
(c) Love of the land.
(d) Frugal living.
4. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
(a) An inferiority complex.
(b) A lack of social skills.
(c) A lack of drive.
(d) An unusually strong deference to authority.
5. What does Korean Airlines perform?
(a) Fire all of the employees.
(b) An internal audit.
(c) An upgrade to their planes.
(d) A extensive retrofit of their planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
2. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
4. Who settles Harlan?
5. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)