|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To conserve energy and to eat less.
(b) To keep their bodies from overwork.
(c) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(d) To keep from starving.
2. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
3. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
(c) Test his mettle against other geeks.
4. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He does not write about basket ball players.
(b) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(c) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(d) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Herman's Hermits.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Doors.
(d) Led Zeppelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
2. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
4. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
5. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)