|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does it crash?
(d) North Korea.
2. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(d) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
3. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(b) His social life.
(c) His family life.
(d) Emotional instability.
4. What is a proxy war?
(a) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(b) When two companies war over the same contract.
(c) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(d) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
5. When does Korean Airline flight 801 crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Hofstede research?
2. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
4. What does Gladwell call the culture of many people who settle in Kentucky?
5. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)