|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are inattentive and undertrained.
(b) They are average for the airline industry.
(c) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
(d) They are unhappy.
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(a) The 1990s.
(c) The 1950s.
3. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(b) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(c) He does not write about basket ball players.
(d) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
4. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Very wealthy.
(b) Very poor.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Upper class.
5. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1 and June 1.
(b) January 1.
(c) There is no set determination.
(d) June 1 and September 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first half Matthew effect?
2. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
4. Where does Langan grow up?
5. When is Joe Flom born?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)