|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(b) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(c) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(d) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
3. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Coyote of Fortune.
(b) Medicine Wheel.
(c) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(d) Wolf Moon Raiders.
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(c) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
5. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(a) It depends upon how complex the task is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
2. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
3. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
4. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)