|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(b) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
(c) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(d) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
2. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) An inferiority complex.
(c) A lack of drive.
(d) An unusually strong deference to authority.
3. What do the pilots instruments indicate?
(a) He is lower than he expects to be.
(b) He has lots of fuel.
(c) He is higher than he expects to be.
(d) He is out of fuel.
4. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Infectious diseases.
5. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
(a) An advantage.
(b) A liability.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Joy?
2. Who settles Harlan?
3. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
4. What company does Joy co-found?
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)