|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for intelligence.
(b) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(c) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(d) A test for behavior psychosis.
2. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
(a) An inferiority complex.
(b) A lack of drive.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) An unusually strong deference to authority.
3. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(b) His grades fall.
(c) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
(d) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
4. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(d) The accuracy of IQ tests.
5. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) High intelligence.
(c) Being an entrepreneur.
(d) Practical intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
2. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
4. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
5. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)