|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking teachers' opinions.
(b) By sifting through school records.
(c) By observing students on the play ground.
(d) By asking for volunteers.
2. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1.
(b) June 1 and September 1.
(c) January 1 and June 1.
(d) There is no set determination.
3. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Wyoming.
(b) Rural Mississippi.
(c) Rural Missouri.
(d) Rural South Dakota.
4. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
(a) Blood work.
(b) Saliva sample.
(c) Sweat breaking out on the face.
(d) Red in face.
5. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are all born close to midnight.
(c) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
2. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
3. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
4. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
5. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)