|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(b) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(c) A computer programmer.
(d) An Apple programmer.
2. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(c) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
3. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(d) The United States.
4. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(d) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
5. How many crashes has Korean Airlines experienced in the past twenty years at the time of this study?
(d) Just that one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
2. What is a proxy war?
3. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
5. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)