|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are inattentive and undertrained.
(b) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
(c) They are average for the airline industry.
(d) They are unhappy.
2. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) John Stanford.
(b) Lewis Terman.
(c) Todd Binet.
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A sociologist.
(b) A statistician.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
4. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to hire garment workers.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
5. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people quick to do in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
2. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
3. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
4. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
5. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)