|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the burden of understanding placed in a conversation between two Koreans?
(a) The speaker.
(b) Equally between the listener and speaker.
(c) The listener.
(d) It depends on the relative social status of the two who are interacting.
2. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
(a) Heavy smoke.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) The electricity is off.
(d) Heavy fog.
3. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their outlooks on life.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their income status.
4. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) Their altitude.
(b) Correct evaculation procedures.
(c) Why their plane is on fire.
(d) How low their fuel is.
5. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(b) The need for success.
(c) Typical people.
(d) Gladwell's statistics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
2. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
5. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)