|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for intelligence.
(b) A test for behavior psychosis.
(c) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(d) A test for unusual blood patterns.
2. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of the universe.
(b) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(c) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(d) A theory of energy.
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(d) The United States.
5. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) He is born in a time when there is a low birth rate in the United States.
(b) He is born in a time when law is not a popular field in the United States.
(c) He is born in a time when the laws are favorable for Jewish people in the United States.
(d) He is born in a time when there is a high birth rate in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
2. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
3. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
4. When does Korean Airline flight 801 crash?
5. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)