|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the pilot described?
(a) A workaholic.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) Fairly inexperienced.
(d) Very experienced.
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(b) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(c) Their diet is very low fat.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and hometown.
(b) Just birth date.
(c) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(d) Just names and position.
4. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(b) The rest of Terman's story.
(c) The rest of Langan's story.
(d) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
5. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Loyalty to country.
(b) Frugal living.
(c) Loyalty to clan or family.
(d) Love of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
2. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
3. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
4. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
5. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)