|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Borgenichts?
(a) A family of vintners in New York.
(b) A group who eschew luxury.
(c) A family of lawyers from New England.
(d) A family in the garment industry in New York.
2. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(b) CEO of a technological corporation.
(c) CEO of a trade corporation.
3. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(d) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
4. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(c) It depends upon how complex the task is.
5. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
(a) The owners of the most profitable coal mines in West Virginia.
(b) The most wealthy families in Kentucky.
(c) Two other garment-industry families in Tennessee.
(d) Another feuding family in Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
2. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
3. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
4. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
5. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)