|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) Many plane crashes.
(b) A high PDI.
(c) A very low PDI.
(d) A culture of honor.
2. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) The FBI's forensics unit.
(b) A professorship at MIT.
(c) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(d) The CIA couterintelligence division.
3. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
(a) A liability.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A curse.
(d) An advantage.
4. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
(a) The most wealthy families in Kentucky.
(b) Another feuding family in Kentucky.
(c) Two other garment-industry families in Tennessee.
(d) The owners of the most profitable coal mines in West Virginia.
5. Where is Harlan?
(a) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
(b) In southwestern Kentucky.
(c) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
(d) In Western Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anders Ericcson?
2. What are people quick to do in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
3. What is the Memorial Cup?
4. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
5. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)