|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Typical people.
(b) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(c) The need for success.
(d) Gladwell's statistics.
2. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(b) Coyote of Fortune.
(c) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(d) Medicine Wheel.
3. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
4. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
(a) Undergo a battery of psychological tests.
(b) Write up their impressions of the experience.
(c) Share their experience with an audience.
(d) Walk down a hall to hand it in.
5. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Loyalty to country.
(b) Frugal living.
(c) Loyalty to clan or family.
(d) Love of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
2. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
3. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
4. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
5. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)