|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Typical people.
(b) The need for success.
(c) Gladwell's statistics.
(d) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
2. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are unhappy.
(b) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
(c) They are average for the airline industry.
(d) They are inattentive and undertrained.
3. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
(a) Blood work.
(b) Sweat breaking out on the face.
(c) Saliva sample.
(d) Red in face.
4. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(b) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(c) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(d) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(d) Their diet is very low fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
2. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
3. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
4. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
5. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)