|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
2. What is not unique in Harlan?
(a) A spirit of community.
(b) Large quartz mines.
(c) Feuds between two families.
(d) Cooperation between various wealthy families to the detriment of the poor.
3. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Upper class.
(c) Very wealthy.
(d) Very poor.
4. What does George Hofstede research?
(a) Plane crashes.
(b) Cultural differences among countries.
(c) Training routines.
(d) Cultural differences within a country.
5. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(c) An American version of the structure of European society.
(d) An experiment in liberality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
2. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
3. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
4. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
5. Where does Langan grow up?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)