|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(b) How human behavior can affect success.
(c) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(d) How human behavior can affect longevity.
2. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) The supply of students is relatively low.
(b) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(c) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(d) College is not valued at that time.
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(b) It depends upon how complex the task is.
4. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) It would be considered too wacky.
(b) No credentials.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) It is not finished.
5. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
(a) They are unhappy.
(b) They are average for the airline industry.
(c) They are inattentive and undertrained.
(d) They are some of the best trained in the airline industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roger Barnsley?
2. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
3. What company does Joy co-found?
4. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
5. Who are the Howards and Turners?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)