|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Gladwell's statistics.
(b) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(c) The need for success.
(d) Typical people.
2. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(b) A Canadian psychologist.
(c) A German psychiatrist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
3. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Industrial groups.
(b) Herding groups.
(c) Mining groups.
(d) Farming groups.
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(c) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
5. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of the universe.
(b) A theory of energy.
(c) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(d) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a proxy war?
2. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
3. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)