|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 0 percent.
2. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) The FBI's forensics unit.
(b) A professorship at MIT.
(c) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(d) The CIA couterintelligence division.
3. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Gladwell's statistics.
(b) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(c) Typical people.
(d) The need for success.
4. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural South Dakota.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural Missouri.
(d) Rural Mississippi.
5. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(d) The accuracy of IQ tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
2. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
4. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
5. What college does Joy attend?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)