|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) German immigrants.
(b) Irish immigrants.
(c) Italian immigrants.
(d) Swedish immigrants.
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
3. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(a) The accuracy of IQ tests.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) He founds it by himself.
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(b) Those who have much will get even more.
(c) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(d) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
3. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
4. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
5. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)