|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(b) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(c) The rest of Terman's story.
(d) The rest of Langan's story.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) A lack of social skills.
(c) Average intelligence.
(d) The appearance of being slow.
3. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Codes for using all the available programs.
(b) Codes for the university's grades.
(c) Unlimited time on the computer.
(d) Codes for the university's class schedules.
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(c) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(d) The statistics have been skewed.
5. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Langan's family situated financially?
2. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
3. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What is Langan unprepared to do?
5. Where does this band get their start playing?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)