|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) Mid-to late 20th century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
2. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of good looks for acting.
(b) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(c) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(d) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
3. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(b) His grades fall.
(c) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
(d) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
4. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(b) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Codes for using all the available programs.
(b) Codes for the university's class schedules.
(c) Unlimited time on the computer.
(d) Codes for the university's grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first half Matthew effect?
2. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
3. Where does Langan earn a scholarship to college?
4. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
5. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)