|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company does Joy co-found?
(b) Sun Microsystems.
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1990s.
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(b) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(c) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(d) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
4. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Irish immigrants.
(b) German immigrants.
(c) Italian immigrants.
(d) Swedish immigrants.
5. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) The appearance of being slow.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) Average intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
2. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. How is Langan's family situated financially?
5. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)