|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(c) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
2. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) High intelligence.
(c) Being an entrepreneur.
(d) Practical intelligence.
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Herman's Hermits.
(b) Led Zeppelin.
(c) The Doors.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(b) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(c) Those who have much will get even more.
(d) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
5. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Very poor.
(b) Middle class.
(c) Upper class.
(d) Very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
3. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)