|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(c) The United States.
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(b) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(c) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(d) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
3. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(d) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
4. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) Practical intelligence.
(c) High intelligence.
(d) Being an entrepreneur.
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(c) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(d) Those who have much will get even more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
2. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
3. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
4. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
5. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)