|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(b) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(c) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(d) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
2. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Very wealthy.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Very poor.
3. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(b) A theory of the universe.
(c) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(d) A theory of energy.
4. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(b) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(c) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(d) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
5. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(c) UC Berkeley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
2. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)