|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A progressive town.
(b) A failure in public welfare.
(c) An outlier.
(d) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
2. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(a) UC Berkeley.
3. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(b) Those who have much will get even more.
(c) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(d) A high IQ is required for chess success.
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They actually fail more often than other children.
(b) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(c) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
5. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(b) His social life.
(c) Emotional instability.
(d) His family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)