|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) The appearance of being slow.
(b) Remarkable intelligence.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) Average intelligence.
2. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) No credentials.
(b) It is not finished.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) It would be considered too wacky.
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The last decade of the 19th century.
(d) The first half of the 20th century.
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
(b) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of good looks for acting.
5. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
2. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)