|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They actually fail more often than other children.
(c) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
2. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(c) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
3. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(a) Emotional instability.
(c) His social life.
(d) His family life.
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking teachers' opinions.
(b) By observing students on the play ground.
(c) By asking for volunteers.
(d) By sifting through school records.
5. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of energy.
(b) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
2. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
5. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)