|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(b) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(c) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(d) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
3. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(d) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
4. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An experiment in liberality.
(d) An American version of their Italian homeland.
5. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Assert himself in an urban setting.
(c) Push past his fears.
(d) Accept mediocrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
2. Who is Stewart Wolf?
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
4. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)