|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) The FBI's forensics unit.
(b) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(c) A professorship at MIT.
(d) The CIA couterintelligence division.
2. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A sociologist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A statistician.
3. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) It is not finished.
(b) It would be considered too wacky.
(c) No credentials.
(d) It is unprovable.
4. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Hamburg, Germany.
(d) Birmingham, England.
5. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chris Langan?
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
3. Where does Langan end up living?
4. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
5. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)