|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What computer language does Joy help create?
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An experiment in liberality.
(d) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
3. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(b) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(c) Just beginning.
(d) The best in the world.
4. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(b) Heart attacks.
(c) Infectious diseases.
(d) Car accidents.
5. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(b) Slate quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
2. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
3. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
4. What company does Joy co-found?
5. Where does Langan earn a scholarship to college?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)