|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(d) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
2. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(b) The subject of IQ.
(c) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(d) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
3. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) Practical intelligence.
(b) Being an entrepreneur.
(c) High intelligence.
4. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By class.
(b) By region.
(c) By age.
(d) By size.
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Codes for the university's class schedules.
(b) Codes for using all the available programs.
(c) Unlimited time on the computer.
(d) Codes for the university's grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
3. What company does Joy co-found?
4. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)