|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(b) The importance of good looks for acting.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
3. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their diet.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Their income status.
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
5. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
(a) He gets in trouble for breaking the rules.
(b) He hates the core required courses.
(c) His schedule is not flexible.
(d) He hates the climate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
2. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
4. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
5. What company does Joy co-found?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)