|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of energy.
(b) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
(c) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(d) A theory of the universe.
2. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) It is not finished.
(b) It would be considered too wacky.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) No credentials.
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Divorce rate.
(b) Death rate from heart disease.
(c) Death rate from strokes.
(d) Suicide rate.
4. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Push past his fears.
(b) Assert himself in an urban setting.
(c) Accept mediocrity.
(d) Work hard.
5. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(b) The rest of Langan's story.
(c) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(d) The rest of Terman's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
5. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)