|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(d) Slate quarry.
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(b) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(c) Those who have much will get even more.
(d) A high IQ is required for chess success.
3. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(b) They are called first to play on teams.
(c) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(d) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(b) Most are all born close to midnight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
5. What college does Joy attend?
(a) University of Michigan.
(c) UC Berkeley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
2. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
3. Who is Chris Langan?
4. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
5. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)