|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) A professorship at MIT.
(b) The CIA couterintelligence division.
(c) The FBI's forensics unit.
(d) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
2. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
3. What college does Joy attend?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
4. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(c) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(b) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(c) Those who were not premature babies.
(d) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Joy?
2. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
5. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)