|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langan work on using his intelligence?
(a) A theory of energy.
(b) A theory of the universe.
(c) A theory of instantaneous space travel.
(d) A theory to suplement the 100 monkey theory.
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The last decade of the 19th century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The first half of the 20th century.
(d) The first decade of the 21st century.
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) The Doors.
4. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
(b) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(c) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(d) He does not write about basket ball players.
5. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
3. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
4. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
5. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)