|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
2. What computer language does Joy help create?
3. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) Lewis Terman.
(b) John Stanford.
(d) Todd Binet.
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
5. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(c) They actually fail more often than other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
2. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
3. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
5. Where does Langan grow up?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)