|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
(b) His family life.
(c) Emotional instability.
(d) His social life.
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
3. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(b) UC Berkeley.
4. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Suicide rate.
(b) Death rate from heart disease.
(c) Death rate from strokes.
(d) Divorce rate.
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By class.
(b) By region.
(c) By age.
(d) By size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
2. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
4. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
5. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)