|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(c) A German psychiatrist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
2. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
(a) He gets in trouble for breaking the rules.
(b) He hates the core required courses.
(c) His schedule is not flexible.
(d) He hates the climate.
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for intelligence.
(b) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(c) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(d) A test for behavior psychosis.
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A statistician.
(d) A sociologist.
5. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(d) They are average compared to other Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
5. Where does Langan grow up?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)