|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking teachers' opinions.
(b) By observing students on the play ground.
(c) By asking for volunteers.
(d) By sifting through school records.
2. What company does Joy co-found?
(c) Sun Microsystems.
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Death rate from heart disease.
(b) Suicide rate.
(c) Death rate from strokes.
(d) Divorce rate.
4. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(d) Late 1950s.
5. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 0 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
2. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
5. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)