|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local physician.
(b) A local politician.
(c) Several local ministers.
(d) Several sociology professors.
2. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Birmingham, England.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
3. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(b) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(c) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(d) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By observing students on the play ground.
(b) By sifting through school records.
(c) By asking teachers' opinions.
(d) By asking for volunteers.
5. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for behavior psychosis.
(b) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(c) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(d) A test for intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
3. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
4. What company does Joy co-found?
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)