|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
2. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A Senate investigation committee.
(b) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(c) A chess meet.
(d) A television quiz show.
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Herman's Hermits.
(b) The Doors.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(a) A sense of community.
(d) Leisure time.
5. What computer language does Joy help create?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
5. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)