|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(b) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(c) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(d) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
2. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) High intelligence and motivation.
(b) Just smart enough.
(c) High intelligence and a good family life.
(d) Just high intelligence.
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. What college does Joy attend?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
5. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(b) An Apple programmer.
(c) A computer programmer.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
3. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)