|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
2. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) Coach professional hockey teams.
(b) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(c) Play professionally.
(d) Teach hockey in colleges.
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(d) A Senate investigation committee.
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just birth date.
(b) Just names and hometown.
(c) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(d) Just names and position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
2. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
3. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. Who is Chris Langan?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)