|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Heart attacks.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Infectious diseases.
2. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
3. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of good looks for acting.
(b) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of height to a basketball player.
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) Led Zeppelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
3. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
4. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
5. Who is Chris Langan?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)