|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
2. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) He founds it by himself.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) Steve Jobs.
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A British hockey coach.
(d) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They actually fail more often than other children.
(b) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(c) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Innate ability.
(b) Parental support.
(c) Exposure at an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)