|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(d) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(b) Those who were not premature babies.
(c) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
(d) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
2. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
3. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
5. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)