|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(a) The 1990s.
(c) The 1950s.
2. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(d) The United States.
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for behavior psychosis.
(b) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(c) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(d) A test for intelligence.
4. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) Mid-to late 20th century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
5. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A Senate investigation committee.
(d) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
2. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
4. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)