|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The subject of IQ.
(b) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(c) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(d) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
2. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(b) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(c) The best in the world.
(d) Just beginning.
3. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) The appearance of being slow.
(b) A lack of social skills.
(c) Average intelligence.
(d) Remarkable intelligence.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Bill Joy.
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) Those who have much will get even more.
(c) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(d) A high IQ is required for chess success.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
3. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
4. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)