|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(b) They will be successful adults.
(c) They will be social misfits.
(d) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
2. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) They are called first to play on teams.
(c) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(d) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
3. What college does Joy attend?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A British hockey coach.
(d) A Canadian psychologist.
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) High intelligence and motivation.
(b) Just high intelligence.
(c) High intelligence and a good family life.
(d) Just smart enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)