|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(b) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(c) They will be successful adults.
(d) They will be social misfits.
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(b) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(c) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(d) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
3. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(c) They are called first to play on teams.
(d) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
(b) The importance of good looks for acting.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of height to a basketball player.
5. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) He founds it by himself.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) Paul Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
3. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
5. What is the Memorial Cup?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)