|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
2. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Suicide rate.
(b) Death rate from strokes.
(c) Divorce rate.
(d) Death rate from heart disease.
3. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(b) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(c) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
4. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be successful adults.
(b) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(c) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(d) They will be social misfits.
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(b) A sense of community.
(d) Leisure time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
2. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
3. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
4. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)