|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) They are called first to play on teams.
(c) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(d) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of the structure of European society.
(b) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(c) An experiment in liberality.
(d) An American version of their Italian homeland.
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) An outlier.
(c) A progressive town.
(d) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Unlimited time on the computer.
(b) Codes for using all the available programs.
(c) Codes for the university's grades.
(d) Codes for the university's class schedules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
3. What does Langan display at a very young age?
4. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
5. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)