|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first half of the 20th century.
(b) The last decade of the 19th century.
(c) Mid-to late 20th century.
(d) The first decade of the 21st century.
2. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(c) The statistics have been skewed.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
3. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He does not write about basket ball players.
(b) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(c) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
(d) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
4. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(a) Leisure time.
(d) A sense of community.
5. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(b) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(c) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
(d) The subject of IQ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anders Ericcson?
2. What is the Memorial Cup?
3. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
5. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)