|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Birmingham, England.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is very low fat.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
3. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) He founds it by himself.
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(b) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
(c) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(d) Those who were not premature babies.
5. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A Canadian psychologist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
5. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)