|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Birmingham, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(b) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(c) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(d) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
3. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(d) Slate quarry.
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(c) Just birth date.
(d) Just names and hometown.
5. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(b) Late 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)