|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
2. What company does Joy co-found?
(a) Sun Microsystems.
3. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who were not premature babies.
(b) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(c) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
(d) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
5. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(a) Late 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
2. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
3. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
5. Who is Chris Langan?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)