|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(d) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
2. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(b) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(c) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(d) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A German psychiatrist.
(b) A Canadian psychologist.
(c) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
4. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(d) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By region.
(b) By age.
(c) By size.
(d) By class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langan display at a very young age?
2. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
3. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
5. What is the Memorial Cup?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)