|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(c) They are called first to play on teams.
(d) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
2. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(b) Leisure time.
(c) A sense of community.
3. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They actually fail more often than other children.
(b) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(c) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(d) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
4. What company does Joy co-found?
(b) Sun Microsystems.
5. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) An Apple programmer.
(b) A computer programmer.
(c) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
4. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
5. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)