|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(b) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(c) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(d) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The last decade of the 19th century.
(b) The first decade of the 21st century.
(c) Mid-to late 20th century.
(d) The first half of the 20th century.
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(b) Just names and position.
(c) Just birth date.
(d) Just names and hometown.
4. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(b) A computer programmer.
(c) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(d) An Apple programmer.
5. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) Several sociology professors.
(b) A local politician.
(c) Several local ministers.
(d) A local physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
2. Who is Anders Ericcson?
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)