|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(d) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
2. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(b) Coyote of Fortune.
(c) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(d) Medicine Wheel.
3. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
4. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their outlooks on life.
5. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Italian immigrants.
(b) German immigrants.
(c) Swedish immigrants.
(d) Irish immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
2. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
3. What is the first half Matthew effect?
4. In what year does Joy start college?
5. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)