|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The last decade of the 19th century.
(b) The first decade of the 21st century.
(c) The first half of the 20th century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
2. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Birmingham, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
3. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
5. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(b) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(c) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(d) They are called first to play on teams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)