|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(b) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(c) Coyote of Fortune.
(d) Medicine Wheel.
2. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) June 1 and September 1.
(b) January 1 and June 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) There is no set determination.
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(c) A British hockey coach.
(d) A German psychiatrist.
4. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 0 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
5. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) He founds it by himself.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) Paul Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
3. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
4. In what year does Joy start college?
5. Who is Bill Joy?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)