|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
3. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(c) A physician and professor.
(d) A sociologist.
5. What college does Joy attend?
(a) UC Berkeley.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
3. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
4. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
5. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)