|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(b) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(c) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(d) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
2. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 0 percent.
3. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) The best in the world.
(b) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(c) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(d) Just beginning.
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are all born close to midnight.
(c) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access via the telephone.
(d) Access only via the mainframe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
3. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)