|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) Several sociology professors.
(b) Several local ministers.
(c) A local physician.
(d) A local politician.
2. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(b) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(c) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(d) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Swedish immigrants.
(b) Irish immigrants.
(c) German immigrants.
(d) Italian immigrants.
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A British hockey coach.
(b) A Canadian psychologist.
(c) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(d) A German psychiatrist.
5. What college does Joy attend?
(a) UC Berkeley.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
2. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
3. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
5. Who is Bill Joy?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)