|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) Mid-to late 20th century.
(b) The first decade of the 21st century.
(c) The first half of the 20th century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in liberality.
(b) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(c) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(d) An American version of the structure of European society.
4. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Wheel.
(b) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(c) Coyote of Fortune.
(d) Medicine Hat Tigers.
5. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
2. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
3. Who is Stewart Wolf?
4. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)