|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Parental support.
(b) Innate ability.
(c) Exposure at an early age.
3. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(d) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
5. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Suicide rate.
(b) Death rate from strokes.
(c) Death rate from heart disease.
(d) Divorce rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
4. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
5. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)