|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
3. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Bill Joy.
4. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(b) Teach hockey in colleges.
(c) Coach professional hockey teams.
(d) Play professionally.
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(b) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(c) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(d) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
3. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
4. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)