|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(c) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
2. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) The Doors.
3. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1 and June 1.
(b) June 1 and September 1.
(c) There is no set determination.
(d) January 1.
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
5. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(b) Play professionally.
(c) Teach hockey in colleges.
(d) Coach professional hockey teams.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
3. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)