|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
2. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(c) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in liberality.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(d) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
4. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(b) Late 1950s.
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(b) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(c) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(d) Their diet is very low fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
3. Who is Stewart Wolf?
4. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
5. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)