|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A sociologist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A statistician.
(d) A psychologist.
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(b) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(c) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 40 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 0 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access via the telephone.
(b) Access only via the mainframe.
(c) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(d) Loading one application at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
2. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
4. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
5. Who is Roger Barnsley?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)