|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Herman's Hermits.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) The Doors.
2. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) Several sociology professors.
(b) A local physician.
(c) Several local ministers.
(d) A local politician.
3. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(b) They are called first to play on teams.
(c) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(d) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
4. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
5. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(c) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
2. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)