|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(b) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(c) Just beginning.
(d) The best in the world.
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
3. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Infectious diseases.
(b) Heart attacks.
(c) Car accidents.
4. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) An Apple programmer.
(b) A computer programmer.
(c) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet is very low fat.
(d) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
2. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
3. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
4. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)