|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(b) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
2. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) Just beginning.
(b) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(c) The best in the world.
(d) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 0 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
4. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first half of the 20th century.
(b) The last decade of the 19th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their outlooks on life.
(b) Their diet.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Their income status.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
4. What company does Joy co-found?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)