|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) Just beginning.
(b) The best in the world.
(c) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(d) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
2. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(c) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(d) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(c) Just birth date.
(d) Just names and hometown.
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is very low fat.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
5. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(a) Slate quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
2. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
3. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
4. Who is Bill Joy?
5. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)