|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(d) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(b) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(c) An American version of the structure of European society.
(d) An experiment in liberality.
3. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(c) Leisure time.
(d) A sense of community.
4. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(a) Late 1950s.
5. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) The best in the world.
(b) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(c) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(d) Just beginning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roger Barnsley?
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
4. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
5. What company does Joy co-found?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)