|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Infectious diseases.
(d) Car accidents.
2. What computer language does Joy help create?
3. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(b) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(c) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(d) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
4. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) Mid-to late 20th century.
(b) The last decade of the 19th century.
(c) The first half of the 20th century.
(d) The first decade of the 21st century.
5. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
(c) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(d) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
2. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
3. Where does this band get their start playing?
4. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)