|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(a) The United States.
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
4. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(b) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(c) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(d) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access via the telephone.
(b) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(c) Loading one application at a time.
(d) Access only via the mainframe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
2. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
5. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)