|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2, The 10,000-Hour Rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) He does not mention their health.
(b) They are average compared to other Americans.
(c) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(d) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(b) Most are all born close to midnight.
(c) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
3. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(b) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
(c) Test his mettle against other geeks.
4. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(c) The United States.
5. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in liberality.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(d) An American version of their Italian homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What computer language does Joy help create?
2. Where does this band get their start playing?
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
4. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
5. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)