|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of the structure of European society.
(b) An experiment in liberality.
(c) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(d) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
2. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(a) The United States.
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) The last decade of the 19th century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
4. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) An outlier.
(c) A progressive town.
(d) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
5. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(b) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(c) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(d) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
2. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
3. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
4. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)