|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their outlooks on life.
(b) Their diet.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Their income status.
2. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(b) Leisure time.
(c) A sense of community.
3. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(b) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(c) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(d) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is very low fat.
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(b) Those who were not premature babies.
(c) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(d) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
3. What is the Memorial Cup?
4. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
5. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)