|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(c) Their diet is very low fat.
(d) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
2. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(c) Leisure time.
(d) A sense of community.
3. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
4. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(b) The United States.
5. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
5. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)