|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
2. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local physician.
(b) Several local ministers.
(c) A local politician.
(d) Several sociology professors.
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(b) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(c) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(d) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
4. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are average compared to other Americans.
(b) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(c) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(d) He does not mention their health.
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A physician and professor.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
2. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)