|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) Mid-to late 20th century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
3. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(b) Play professionally.
(c) Teach hockey in colleges.
(d) Coach professional hockey teams.
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(b) Those who were not premature babies.
(c) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
(d) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
5. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
2. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
3. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
4. Who is Stewart Wolf?
5. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)