|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(b) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(c) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
2. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
3. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local politician.
(b) Several sociology professors.
(c) A local physician.
(d) Several local ministers.
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)