|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their outlooks on life.
2. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(c) Their diet is very low fat.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
3. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(a) Leisure time.
(b) A sense of community.
4. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1990s.
5. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(c) Slate quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
3. Who is Stewart Wolf?
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
5. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)