|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(b) A Canadian psychologist.
(c) A British hockey coach.
(d) A German psychiatrist.
2. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An American version of the structure of European society.
(c) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(d) An experiment in liberality.
3. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is very low fat.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
4. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(b) Leisure time.
(c) A sense of community.
5. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
2. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)