|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An experiment in liberality.
(c) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(d) An American version of the structure of European society.
2. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Lung cancer.
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The first half of the 20th century.
(c) The last decade of the 19th century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
4. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(c) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(d) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
5. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Suicide rate.
(b) Death rate from strokes.
(c) Divorce rate.
(d) Death rate from heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
2. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
4. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)