|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) Coach professional hockey teams.
(b) Teach hockey in colleges.
(c) Play professionally.
(d) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
2. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) Several sociology professors.
(b) Several local ministers.
(c) A local physician.
(d) A local politician.
4. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(b) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
(c) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(d) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
5. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Infectious diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Memorial Cup?
2. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
4. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)