|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A physician and professor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(d) A sociologist.
3. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(b) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(c) Coyote of Fortune.
(d) Medicine Wheel.
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(b) Just names and position.
(c) Just names and hometown.
(d) Just birth date.
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(c) Their diet is very low fat.
(d) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
3. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)