|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
2. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their family history.
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(b) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(c) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(d) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
4. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first half of the 20th century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The last decade of the 19th century.
(d) The first decade of the 21st century.
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By size.
(b) By class.
(c) By region.
(d) By age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
3. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
4. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)