|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1, The Matthew Effect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(c) Slate quarry.
2. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Swedish immigrants.
(b) Italian immigrants.
(c) Irish immigrants.
(d) German immigrants.
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
5. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
2. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
3. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)