Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A Jamaican Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have the advantage in the Jamaica of Gladwell's great-great-great grandmother's time?
(a) Educated people.
(b) People with green or blue eyes.
(c) Lighter-skinned people.
(d) Darker-skinned people.
2. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To keep from starving.
(b) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(c) To keep their bodies from overwork.
(d) To conserve energy and to eat less.
3. Where do Gladwell's mother and aunt go to college?
(b) The United States.
4. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Parental support.
(b) Exposure at an early age.
(c) Innate ability.
5. What neighborhood feeds into KIPP Academy?
(a) One of the worst in the city.
(b) An upper-class area.
(c) It draws from the entire New York City.
(d) An upper, middle-class area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
2. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
3. Who is Chris Langan?
4. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
5. What happens a few years after MacMillan writes his book?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)