Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7, The Ethnic Theory of Plane Crashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pilot and co-pilot of a Colombian airplane that crashes fail to effectively communicate?
(a) How low their fuel is.
(b) Why their plane is on fire.
(c) Correct evaculation procedures.
(d) Their altitude.
2. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(b) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
(c) Fast for 24 hours.
(d) Fill out a questionaire.
3. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
(a) How human behavior can affect success.
(b) How human behavior can affect perceived threats.
(c) How human behavior can affect flight safety.
(d) How human behavior can affect longevity.
4. About what public school system does Gladwell notice a similar birth date effect?
5. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(a) They are all equally angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
2. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
4. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
5. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)