|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(b) Believe in himself.
(c) Make a game plan and stick to it.
(d) Convince people to help him.
2. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(b) His grades fall.
(c) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
(d) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
3. What is Langan unprepared to do?
(a) Push past his fears.
(b) Accept mediocrity.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Assert himself in an urban setting.
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(c) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
5. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural Mississippi.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural South Dakota.
(d) Rural Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
2. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
3. What does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country discussed?
4. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
5. Where does Langan grow up?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)