Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young until graduation from college.
(b) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(c) From very young until ninth grade.
(d) From very young through into their adult lives.
2. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be successful adults.
(b) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(c) They will be social misfits.
(d) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
3. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(b) UC Berkeley.
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(b) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(c) The statistics have been skewed.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
5. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(b) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(c) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
(d) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
2. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
3. What country does Gladwell discuss their hockey players?
4. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
5. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)