|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
(a) He does not mention their fuel situation at all.
2. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Just names and hometown.
(c) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(d) Just birth date.
3. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural South Dakota.
(b) Rural Wyoming.
(c) Rural Mississippi.
(d) Rural Missouri.
4. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(b) Slate quarry.
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their diet.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Their income status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this band get their start playing?
2. How is the pilot described?
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
4. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
5. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)