|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Bill Joy.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Steve Jobs.
2. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) It would be considered too wacky.
(b) It is not finished.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) No credentials.
3. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Codes for the university's grades.
(b) Unlimited time on the computer.
(c) Codes for using all the available programs.
(d) Codes for the university's class schedules.
4. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(b) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
(c) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(d) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
5. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Hamburg, Germany.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Birmingham, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
2. What does Korean airlines determine about their flight crew members?
3. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
4. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. What is Langan unprepared to do?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)