|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
(b) It engenders strong morals.
(c) It keeps young people out of trouble.
(d) It results in over stimulating the mind.
2. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) It depends on the species of rice.
(b) With one machine.
(c) With two special machines.
(d) By hand.
3. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
4. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
5. What is the Colombian pilot's attitude when he communicates the plane's situation to the air traffic controller?
(d) He does not mention their fuel situation at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
2. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
3. What does George Hofstede research?
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
5. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)