|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(c) The United States.
2. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) The electricity is off.
(c) Heavy fog.
(d) Heavy smoke.
3. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(b) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(c) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
(d) The importance of good looks for acting.
4. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) Just smart enough.
(b) High intelligence and a good family life.
(c) High intelligence and motivation.
(d) Just high intelligence.
5. What do farmers of the Middle Ages do in the summer in Europe?
(a) They are mostly idle.
(b) They do the sewing and mending.
(c) They work on making the earth better for planting.
(d) They separate seeds and set out starter pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
2. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
3. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
5. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)