|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to hire garment workers.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(d) A yearly festival in Harlan.
2. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) An Apple programmer.
(b) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(c) A computer programmer.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(b) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(c) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(d) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
4. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Average intelligence.
(b) Remarkable intelligence.
(c) The appearance of being slow.
(d) A lack of social skills.
5. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) There is no set determination.
(b) January 1.
(c) January 1 and June 1.
(d) June 1 and September 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are killed in the crash of flight 801?
2. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
4. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
5. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)