|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 0 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
2. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) Gladwell does not say.
(b) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(c) Share it.
(d) Keep it.
3. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A Senate investigation committee.
(b) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(c) A television quiz show.
(d) A chess meet.
4. What is the PDI of people of the United States?
(a) About in the middle.
(d) It's never been measured.
5. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Gladwell's statistics.
(b) Typical people.
(c) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(d) The need for success.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
3. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
4. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
5. What is a proxy war?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)