|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
2. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) Practical intelligence.
(c) Being an entrepreneur.
(d) High intelligence.
3. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(a) Rice paddies.
4. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(b) To conserve energy and to eat less.
(c) To keep their bodies from overwork.
(d) To keep from starving.
5. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(b) Exposure at an early age.
(c) Parental support.
(d) Innate ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. What do the men have to do after performing the task asked of them?
3. Where does it crash?
4. How is the pilot described?
5. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)