|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) Coach professional hockey teams.
(b) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(c) Teach hockey in colleges.
(d) Play professionally.
2. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By size.
(b) By class.
(c) By region.
(d) By age.
3. What did the early American educational theorists claim about long hours of school?
(a) It results in over stimulating the mind.
(b) It engenders strong morals.
(c) It endgenders a strong working ethic.
(d) It keeps young people out of trouble.
4. How is the pilot described?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) Fairly inexperienced.
(c) Very experienced.
(d) A workaholic.
5. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(b) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(c) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(d) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
2. Where is Harlan?
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
5. What is not unique in Harlan?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)