|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their diet.
(d) Their outlooks on life.
2. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(c) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
3. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(c) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(d) Those who have much will get even more.
4. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Infectious diseases.
(d) Heart attacks.
5. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A statistician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
2. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
3. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
5. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)