|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be successful adults.
(b) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(c) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(d) They will be social misfits.
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(c) Slate quarry.
3. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(b) Infectious diseases.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
5. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
(a) Joins a rock band.
(b) Works construction.
(c) Moves to New York City to panhandle.
(d) Works on his family's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
2. Where does Langan grow up?
3. What neighborhood feeds into KIPP Academy?
4. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
5. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)