|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What neighborhood feeds into KIPP Academy?
(a) An upper-class area.
(b) It draws from the entire New York City.
(c) An upper, middle-class area.
(d) One of the worst in the city.
2. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Fast for 24 hours.
(b) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
(c) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(d) Fill out a questionaire.
3. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
4. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(b) They will be successful adults.
(c) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(d) They will be social misfits.
5. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
(a) Joins a rock band.
(b) Moves to New York City to panhandle.
(c) Works construction.
(d) Works on his family's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. What does Gladwell say is an inviolate part of the school year?
3. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
4. In what year does Joy start college?
5. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)