|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) The supply of students is relatively low.
(b) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(c) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(d) College is not valued at that time.
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(b) Slate quarry.
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Doors.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
4. What does George Hofstede research?
(a) Plane crashes.
(b) Training routines.
(c) Cultural differences within a country.
(d) Cultural differences among countries.
5. Who settles Harlan?
(a) Dutch immigrants.
(b) Scottish immigrants.
(c) British immigrants from the norther part of the British Isles.
(d) Irish immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are killed in the crash of flight 801?
2. In what year does Joy start college?
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
4. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
5. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)