|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and hometown.
(b) Just birth date.
(c) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(d) Just names and position.
2. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(d) They are all equally angry.
3. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to hire garment workers.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(d) A yearly festival in Harlan.
4. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Irish immigrants.
(b) Italian immigrants.
(c) German immigrants.
(d) Swedish immigrants.
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
2. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
3. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
4. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
5. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)