|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The statistics have been skewed.
(b) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
(c) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
2. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(d) A Senate investigation committee.
3. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Very wealthy.
(b) Very poor.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Upper class.
4. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) Lewis Terman.
(c) John Stanford.
(d) Todd Binet.
5. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
2. Where does Langan earn a scholarship to college?
3. Why does the pilot have difficulty seeing the runway?
4. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
5. What percentage above the average student do KIPP students attend school?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)