|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) Competition to hire garment workers.
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(b) It depends upon how complex the task is.
3. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(d) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
4. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He does not write about basket ball players.
(b) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
(c) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(d) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
5. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) The appearance of being slow.
(b) Average intelligence.
(c) Remarkable intelligence.
(d) A lack of social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are these proxy wars characterized?
2. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
5. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)