|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
2. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(a) Slate quarry.
3. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(b) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(c) A yearly festival in Harlan.
(d) Competition to hire garment workers.
4. Where is the school that Gladwell focuses on in "Marita's Bargan"?
(a) South Bronx.
5. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their diet.
(c) Their outlooks on life.
(d) Their family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
2. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
4. Where is the burden of understanding placed in a conversation between two Koreans?
5. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)