|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Mining groups.
(b) Herding groups.
(c) Farming groups.
(d) Industrial groups.
2. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(a) Just in the summer.
(b) Just in the Spring.
(c) Two or three times a month.
3. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(b) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(c) The rest of Terman's story.
(d) The rest of Langan's story.
4. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) Luck of the Draw.
(b) Demographic luck.
(c) Litigious distribution.
(d) High birth rates.
5. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
(a) Practical intelligence.
(c) Being an entrepreneur.
(d) High intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade level is the school?
2. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
3. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
4. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
5. When is Harlan settled?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)