|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(b) They are average compared to other Americans.
(c) He does not mention their health.
(d) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
2. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A computer programmer.
(b) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
(c) An Apple programmer.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
3. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
(a) The 1990s.
(c) The 1950s.
4. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access via the telephone.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access only via the mainframe.
(d) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
5. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(c) Slate quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
2. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
3. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
4. What does Gladwell think is the reason for the success of the KIPP Academy?
5. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)