|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) January 1.
(b) January 1 and June 1.
(c) There is no set determination.
(d) June 1 and September 1.
2. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Hat Tigers.
(b) Medicine Wheel.
(c) Coyote of Fortune.
(d) Wolf Moon Raiders.
3. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) Just smart enough.
(b) High intelligence and a good family life.
(c) Just high intelligence.
(d) High intelligence and motivation.
4. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(d) It depends upon how complex the task is.
5. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The last decade of the 19th century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) The first half of the 20th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
3. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
4. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
5. Where does this band get their start playing?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)