|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(c) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(d) They are called first to play on teams.
2. What college does Joy attend?
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) UC Berkeley.
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
(b) A test for behavior psychosis.
(c) A test for intelligence.
(d) A test for unusual blood patterns.
4. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access only via the mainframe.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access via the telephone.
(d) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet is very low fat.
(c) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(d) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
2. What computer language does Joy help create?
3. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
5. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)