|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 0 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
2. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A physician and professor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(d) A sociologist.
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A British hockey coach.
(c) A German psychiatrist.
(d) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
4. What college does Joy attend?
(a) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
5. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(c) It depends upon how complex the task is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
2. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
3. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)