|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Divorce rate.
(b) Death rate from heart disease.
(c) Death rate from strokes.
(d) Suicide rate.
2. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) A progressive town.
(c) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
(d) An outlier.
3. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) High intelligence and a good family life.
(b) Just high intelligence.
(c) Just smart enough.
(d) High intelligence and motivation.
4. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) An Apple programmer.
(b) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(c) A computer programmer.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(b) Just birth date.
(c) Just names and hometown.
(d) Just names and position.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
2. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
3. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
4. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)