|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(b) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
(c) They will be social misfits.
(d) They will be successful adults.
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(b) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(c) Those who have much will get even more.
(d) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
3. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) June 1 and September 1.
(b) January 1 and June 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) There is no set determination.
4. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young until ninth grade.
(b) From very young through into their adult lives.
(c) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(d) From very young until graduation from college.
5. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
2. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
5. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)