|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(b) The importance of good looks for acting.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
2. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
3. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
(b) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(c) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(d) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
4. What does Wolf investigate among the families of Roseto?
(a) Their income status.
(b) Their outlooks on life.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Their diet.
5. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local physician.
(b) A local politician.
(c) Several sociology professors.
(d) Several local ministers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
3. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
4. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)