|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By sifting through school records.
(b) By asking for volunteers.
(c) By observing students on the play ground.
(d) By asking teachers' opinions.
2. Who developed the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) John Stanford.
(c) Lewis Terman.
(d) Todd Binet.
3. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Heart disease.
4. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
(b) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(c) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(d) They are called first to play on teams.
5. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
(a) They will be social misfits.
(b) They will be successful adults.
(c) They will be the ones who create most of the inventions that are patented.
(d) They will be more often on the fringes of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
2. Who is Anders Ericcson?
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
5. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)