|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
(a) There is no set determination.
(b) June 1 and September 1.
(c) January 1 and June 1.
(d) January 1.
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(d) It depends upon how complex the task is.
3. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(c) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
(d) Test his mettle against other geeks.
4. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
(a) He thinks it gives an advantage but no guarantees.
(b) He thinks the taller person in some ways has a disadvantage because of expectations.
(c) He thinks the intimidation factor is what makes a difference not height.
(d) He does not write about basket ball players.
5. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A British hockey coach.
(b) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(c) A Canadian psychologist.
(d) A German psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chris Langan?
2. What company does Joy co-found?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. What does Langan display at a very young age?
5. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)