|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
(b) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(c) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(d) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
2. In what year does Joy start college?
3. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first half of the 20th century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
4. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) He does not mention their health.
(b) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(c) They are average compared to other Americans.
(d) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
5. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
2. What health issue is rarely seen in Roseto at the time Wolf visits the town?
3. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)