|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
2. What company does Joy co-found?
(a) Sun Microsystems.
3. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access only via the mainframe.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(d) Access via the telephone.
4. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
(b) Leisure time.
(c) A sense of community.
5. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) The best in the world.
(b) Just beginning.
(c) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
(d) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
2. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
3. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
4. What college does Joy attend?
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)