|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first half of the 20th century.
(b) Mid-to late 20th century.
(c) The first decade of the 21st century.
(d) The last decade of the 19th century.
2. What company does Joy co-found?
(a) Sun Microsystems.
3. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(d) They are average compared to other Americans.
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A British hockey coach.
(c) A German psychiatrist.
(d) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
5. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) Play professionally.
(b) Coach professional hockey teams.
(c) Teach hockey in colleges.
(d) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
4. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
5. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)