|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) The appearance of being slow.
(c) Average intelligence.
(d) Remarkable intelligence.
2. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
(a) Most of the towns in the region have similar health patterns as the rest of the United States.
(b) He does think the region has some part in the town's health.
(c) There are two nearby towns that have heart disease at higher rates.
(d) There is a great amount of environmental pollution in that area.
3. Who is Bill Joy?
(a) A entrepreneur in the field of art.
(b) An Apple programmer.
(c) A computer programmer.
(d) A entrepreneur in the field of sports.
4. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Doors.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) The Beatles.
5. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
2. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
3. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
4. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
5. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)