|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
(a) Their diet is 90 percent grains, dairy and fruits.
(b) Their diet includes fatty and rich foods.
(c) Their diet is 90 percent vegetarian.
(d) Their diet is very low fat.
2. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Doors.
(b) Herman's Hermits.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) The Beatles.
3. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
4. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Bill Joy.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Steve Jobs.
5. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The subject of IQ.
(b) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(c) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(d) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
2. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
3. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
4. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
5. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)