|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(b) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(c) Those who were not premature babies.
(d) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) Remarkable intelligence.
(c) Average intelligence.
(d) The appearance of being slow.
3. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) A progressive town.
(c) An outlier.
(d) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
4. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(a) Late 1950s.
5. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) He does not mention their health.
(b) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
(c) They are average compared to other Americans.
(d) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
2. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
3. What college does Joy attend?
4. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
5. What does the town of Roseto have in great abundance when Wolf is conducting his investigations?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)