|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. What is 30 to 35 percent lower in Roseto than the rest of the country?
(a) Death rate from heart disease.
(b) Death rate from strokes.
(c) Suicide rate.
(d) Divorce rate.
3. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(b) A physician and professor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A sociologist.
4. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just birth date.
(b) Just names and hometown.
(c) Just names and position.
(d) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
5. In what year does Joy start college?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
2. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
5. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)