|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell conclude about the heart health of Roseto's residents?
(a) The townspeople are exaggerating their poor health.
(b) It is something about the town itself that keeps its residents free from heart disease.
(c) The statistics have been skewed.
(d) The townspeople are exaggerating their good health.
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are all born close to midnight.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
3. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
(a) In the top 10 percent of university computer programs.
(b) The best in the world.
(c) Just beginning.
(d) In the top 25 percent of university computer programs.
4. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young until ninth grade.
(b) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(c) From very young through into their adult lives.
(d) From very young until graduation from college.
5. What was the leading killer of men under the age of 65 in the 1950s?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Heart attacks.
(c) Infectious diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first half Matthew effect?
2. When does Wolf visit Roseto?
3. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
4. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
5. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)