|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Wolf speak at Roseto?
(a) A local politician.
(b) Several sociology professors.
(c) Several local ministers.
(d) A local physician.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) Average intelligence.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) The appearance of being slow.
3. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
4. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in liberality.
(b) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(c) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(d) An American version of the structure of European society.
5. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
3. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
4. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)