|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
(a) The rest of Langan's story.
(b) How to use innate intelligence even if you do not have a high IQ.
(c) Why highly intelligent people are seldom successful.
(d) The rest of Terman's story.
2. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
(a) Just high intelligence.
(b) Just smart enough.
(c) High intelligence and a good family life.
(d) High intelligence and motivation.
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking for volunteers.
(b) By asking teachers' opinions.
(c) By observing students on the play ground.
(d) By sifting through school records.
4. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(b) From very young through into their adult lives.
(c) From very young until ninth grade.
(d) From very young until graduation from college.
5. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college does Joy attend?
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
3. What company does Joy co-found?
4. What is the Memorial Cup?
5. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)