|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Bill Joy.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Steve Jobs.
2. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A physician and professor.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
4. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
(a) They are average compared to other Americans.
(b) He does not mention their health.
(c) They are poorer than average compared to other Americans.
(d) They are remarkably healthy compared to other Americans.
5. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An experiment in liberality.
(b) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
(c) An American version of the structure of European society.
(d) An American version of their Italian homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
2. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
3. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)