|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(b) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(c) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(d) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(b) Innate ability.
(c) Exposure at an early age.
(d) Parental support.
3. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young until graduation from college.
(b) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(c) From very young until ninth grade.
(d) From very young through into their adult lives.
4. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Birmingham, England.
(b) Hamburg, Germany.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Paris, France.
5. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
2. What does Gladwell say about the residents of Roseto as far as their health?
3. What does Terman believe will be true of individuals with high IQ scores?
4. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
5. What does Gladwell delay discussing until the next chapter?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)