|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3, The Trouble with Geniuses, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other half of the Matthew effect?
(a) A high IQ can hinder some types of success.
(b) Intimidation is not always something you consciously do.
(c) Those who have little will lose even that small amount.
(d) Academy awards do not necessarily go to the best movies.
2. In what year does Joy start college?
3. At what university does Lewis Terman teach?
(b) UC Berkeley.
4. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) They are called first to play on teams.
(b) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(c) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(d) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
5. Who is Stewart Wolf?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A physician and professor.
(d) One of Gladwell's co-researchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
2. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
4. What makes Wolf think it is not the region that is healthy?
5. What does Wolf learn when he examines the diets of the people of Roseto?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)