|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9, Marita's Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did early American educational theorists claim about education?
(a) Education is not for those who prefer the school of hard knocks.
(b) Anyone can attain a high level of excellence if s/he works hard enough.
(c) Not everyone who is educated is wise.
(d) Too much education is not good for average people.
2. What do Koreans and Colombians have in common?
(a) A very low PDI.
(b) A high PDI.
(c) Many plane crashes.
(d) A culture of honor.
3. Of what does Gladwell say the average student needs more?
(a) Better facilities.
(b) Summer break.
(d) Breaks throughout the year.
4. What company does Joy co-found?
(a) Sun Microsystems.
5. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(b) Just in the summer.
(c) Two or three times a month.
(d) Just in the Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not unique in Harlan?
2. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
4. What is Suren Ratwatte's area of expertise?
5. What does Gladwell say about reading schools at the end of one year compared to at the beginning of the next year?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)