|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(b) Just birth date.
(c) Just names and position.
(d) Just names and hometown.
2. Where is Harlan?
(a) In Western Tennessee.
(b) In southwestern Kentucky.
(c) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
(d) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
3. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
(a) A test for behavior psychosis.
(b) A test for unusual blood patterns.
(c) A test for intelligence.
(d) A test for mutant genes in a family line.
4. What computer language does Joy help create?
5. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young until graduation from college.
(b) From very young until ninth grade.
(c) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(d) From very young through into their adult lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first half Matthew effect?
2. In what year does Joy start college?
3. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
5. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)