|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what region of the country are the angriest subjects?
(d) They are all equally angry.
2. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
(a) Family feuds.
(b) Families who go into coal mining.
(c) Families who go into the tobacco industry.
(d) Families who go into the garment industry.
3. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
(a) His grades fall.
(b) He will not major in what is required by the scholarship.
(c) His mother does not turn in required paperwork.
(d) He fails to work the amount of hours he is supposed to.
4. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(b) A German psychiatrist.
(c) A Canadian psychologist.
(d) A British hockey coach.
5. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A curse.
(c) An advantage.
(d) A liability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
2. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
3. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
4. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
5. What is not unique in Harlan?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)