|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) He founds it by himself.
(d) Bill Joy.
2. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Kentucky.
(d) University of Maine.
3. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Mining groups.
(b) Herding groups.
(c) Farming groups.
(d) Industrial groups.
4. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
(b) Two families who continuously intermarry.
(c) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
(d) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
5. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
(a) A liability.
(b) An advantage.
(c) A curse.
(d) A blessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this band get their start playing?
2. What is Langan unprepared to do?
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
4. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
5. What college does Joy attend?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)