|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Fast for 24 hours.
(b) Fill out a questionaire.
(c) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(d) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
2. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The subject of IQ.
(b) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
(c) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(d) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
3. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
(a) The most wealthy families in Kentucky.
(b) Two other garment-industry families in Tennessee.
(c) Another feuding family in Kentucky.
(d) The owners of the most profitable coal mines in West Virginia.
4. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(b) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
(c) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(d) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
5. Who settles Harlan?
(a) British immigrants from the norther part of the British Isles.
(b) Irish immigrants.
(c) Dutch immigrants.
(d) Scottish immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Joy?
2. Why does Langan lose his scholarship?
3. From what country are the hockey players that Gladwell discusses?
4. What pattern does Gladwell examine in Kentucky?
5. How do the experimenters know if the men's hormone levels rise?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)