|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
(a) From very young up until graduation from high school.
(b) From very young through into their adult lives.
(c) From very young until graduation from college.
(d) From very young until ninth grade.
2. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Make a game plan and stick to it.
(b) Convince people to help him.
(c) Believe in himself.
(d) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
3. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(b) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(c) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(d) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
4. What company does Joy co-found?
(b) Sun Microsystems.
5. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
(a) Works on his family's farm.
(b) Works construction.
(c) Joins a rock band.
(d) Moves to New York City to panhandle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
2. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
3. What does Gladwell think that being taller than another basketball player will do for a basketball player?
4. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
5. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)