|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A Senate investigation committee.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A television quiz show.
(d) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
2. What college does Joy attend?
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) UC Berkeley.
3. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(b) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(c) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
(d) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
4. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
(b) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(c) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(d) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
5. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(b) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(c) They actually fail more often than other children.
(d) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
2. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
3. What are people quick to do in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
4. Where does this band get their start playing?
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)