|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Harlan settled?
2. What is not unique in Harlan?
(a) A spirit of community.
(b) Feuds between two families.
(c) Large quartz mines.
(d) Cooperation between various wealthy families to the detriment of the poor.
3. What is the Memorial Cup?
(a) The highest trophy of the Russian Hockey League.
(b) The highest trophy of the Swedish Hockey League.
(c) The highest trophy of the Canadian Hockey League.
(d) The highest trophy of the American Hockey League.
4. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A television quiz show.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(d) A Senate investigation committee.
5. Where does Langan end up living?
(a) Rural South Dakota.
(b) Rural Missouri.
(c) Rural Mississippi.
(d) Rural Wyoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
2. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
3. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
4. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
5. What company does Joy co-found?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)