|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
2. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
(b) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
(c) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
(d) Two families who continuously intermarry.
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
(a) By asking for volunteers.
(b) By observing students on the play ground.
(c) By asking teachers' opinions.
(d) By sifting through school records.
4. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(d) Most are all born close to midnight.
5. Who is Chris Langan?
(a) A man who has possibly the highest IQ of anyone alive.
(b) Gladwell's friend who went through reams of statistics.
(c) A talk show host who sponsors a show about intelligence.
(d) An anthropologist who studies native intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age when this countries hockey play is at the pinnacle of success for young people?
2. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
3. What does Gladwell say is required for someone to succeed?
4. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
5. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)