|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
2. Who utters an audible insult to some of the men in the experiment?
(a) No one.
(b) One of the psychologists interviewing the men.
(c) One of the audience members.
(d) A man partially blocking the hallway.
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
4. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
(b) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
(c) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
(d) Two families who continuously intermarry.
5. How are children grouped to play hockey in the country Gladwell discusses?
(a) By class.
(b) By age.
(c) By size.
(d) By region.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langan drop out of the second college he attends?
2. What is one group of people worldwide who have developed the culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
3. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
4. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
5. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)