|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
(a) University of Montana.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Oklahoma State University.
(d) UC Berkeley.
2. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
(b) Test his mettle against other geeks.
3. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
(a) A group of anthropologists in Brazil.
(b) A chess meet.
(c) A Senate investigation committee.
(d) A television quiz show.
4. To what characteristic does Gladwell compare the importance of IQ?
(a) The importance of upper body strength to a rock climber.
(b) The importance of height to a basketball player.
(c) The importance of muscle to a football player.
(d) The importance of good looks for acting.
5. Why are children born in a certain part of the year more likely to stand out?
(a) They have more growth than the younger ones of the same year.
(b) There is no likelihood that one child will stand out over another.
(c) They are called first to play on teams.
(d) If they are born in the summer, they practice more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
2. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
3. When is Harlan settled?
4. How does the country which Gladwell is discussing determine the cut-off date for hockey players?
5. Where is Harlan?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)