|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(b) Fast for 24 hours.
(c) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
(d) Fill out a questionaire.
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(b) Parental support.
(c) Exposure at an early age.
(d) Innate ability.
3. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(d) It depends upon how complex the task is.
4. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(a) The accuracy of IQ tests.
5. Who settles Harlan?
(a) Irish immigrants.
(b) Dutch immigrants.
(c) British immigrants from the norther part of the British Isles.
(d) Scottish immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell call having a higher IQ?
2. What is the most important thing in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
4. What computer language does Joy help create?
5. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)