|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Langan's family situated financially?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Very poor.
(c) Very wealthy.
(d) Upper class.
2. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Exposure at an early age.
(b) Parental support.
(c) Innate ability.
3. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
(a) No credentials.
(b) It is not finished.
(c) It is unprovable.
(d) It would be considered too wacky.
4. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
(b) Fill out a questionaire.
(c) Fast for 24 hours.
(d) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
5. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
(a) Works on his family's farm.
(b) Joins a rock band.
(c) Moves to New York City to panhandle.
(d) Works construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Langan unprepared to do?
2. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
3. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
4. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
5. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)