|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
(a) A feud between the Howards and Turners.
(b) Competition to buy potential mining land.
(c) Competition to hire garment workers.
(d) A yearly festival in Harlan.
2. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(b) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(c) Those who were not premature babies.
(d) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
3. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(a) Late 1950s.
4. Who are the Hatfields and McCoys?
(a) Two other garment-industry families in Tennessee.
(b) The owners of the most profitable coal mines in West Virginia.
(c) The most wealthy families in Kentucky.
(d) Another feuding family in Kentucky.
5. What does Oppenheimer succeed in getting himself appointed as?
(a) A professorship at MIT.
(b) The CIA couterintelligence division.
(c) The leader of the Manhattan Project.
(d) The FBI's forensics unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
2. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
3. Through what age range are the school children tracked?
4. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
5. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)