|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell say has a threshold?
(c) The accuracy of IQ tests.
2. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) Remarkable intelligence.
(b) The appearance of being slow.
(c) A lack of social skills.
(d) Average intelligence.
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(b) Convince people to help him.
(c) Make a game plan and stick to it.
(d) Believe in himself.
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
(c) They actually fail more often than other children.
(d) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
5. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A statistician.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harlan?
2. Which country's public school system has a similar effect to that found in Hungarian and Czechoslovakian soccer leagues?
3. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
5. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)