|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Joy start college?
2. What do the ask some college-aged men to do?
(a) Fast for 24 hours.
(b) Fill out a questionaire.
(c) Refrain from talking to any woman for 72 hours.
(d) Sit in a room alone for 24 hours.
3. Who is most likely to get into gifted programs in the school system Gladwell mentions?
(a) Those whose parents push their child to succeed.
(b) Those who are the oldest of the year group.
(c) Those who are from the middle class and higher.
(d) Those who were not premature babies.
4. What is the name of the hockey team Gladwell examines in detail?
(a) Medicine Wheel.
(b) Coyote of Fortune.
(c) Wolf Moon Raiders.
(d) Medicine Hat Tigers.
5. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
(a) University of Kentucky.
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Maine.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
2. What does Langan do after dropping out of the second college?
3. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
4. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
5. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)