|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What data does the table that Gladwell consults to theorize the success of some of the best hockey players in the country include?
(a) Just names and position.
(b) Names, position, birth date, hometown.
(c) Just names and hometown.
(d) Just birth date.
2. What do Barnsley and a colleague find when they do further investigation into the entire country's professional hockey teams?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
3. Who is Roger Barnsley?
(a) A Canadian psychologist.
(b) A Swedish exercise physiologist.
(c) A British hockey coach.
(d) A German psychiatrist.
4. What do some players from the highest young people's hockey team sometimes go on to do?
(a) There is no common thing that some of the young people do.
(b) Play professionally.
(c) Teach hockey in colleges.
(d) Coach professional hockey teams.
5. Who are the Howards and Turners?
(a) Two families who go into the garment business in Harlan.
(b) Two large families who settle in Harlan.
(c) Two families who continuously intermarry.
(d) Two families who go into the mining business in Harlan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
2. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
3. What company does Joy co-found?
4. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
5. How are Oppenheimer's social skills?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)