|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(a) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
(b) Test his mettle against other geeks.
2. What does Roger notice about the majority of the hockey players in the game he is watching?
(a) Most are at least 180 cm. tall.
(b) Most are all at least 70 kg. in weight.
(c) Most are all born close to midnight.
(d) Most are born in the first three months of the year.
3. What is Oppenheimer able to do even though he has some disadvantages?
(a) Believe in himself.
(b) Believe in the basic goodness in people.
(c) Convince people to help him.
(d) Make a game plan and stick to it.
4. Where does Langan earn a scholarship to college?
(c) Oregon State.
5. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
(a) They succeed or fail at the same rate as other children.
(b) They succeed just five percent more often than other children.
(c) They actually fail more often than other children.
(d) They succeed fifty percent more often than other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
2. What is the Stanford-Binet test?
3. Who settles Harlan?
4. What does Oppenheimer have difficulty with when he is young?
5. To whom does Gladwell compare Oppenheimer?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)