|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladwell call the culture of many people who settle in Kentucky?
(a) Culture of religion.
(b) Culture of belief.
(c) Culture of honor.
(d) Culture of knowledge.
2. What does Gladwell find out about soccer leagues in Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
(a) The birth factor is more pronounced since physical skills are more critical in soccer.
(b) The birth fact is not as pronounced since size is not such a factor in soccer.
(c) Those born in the first three months of the year predominate on the elite teams.
(d) There is no correlation between hockey and soccer.
3. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access only via the mainframe.
(d) Access via the telephone.
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A statistician.
(d) A psychologist.
5. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Joy?
2. Where is Harlan?
3. Why does Langan despair of publishing his theory?
4. What is the conclusion Terman comes to about high IQ children?
5. What keeps Langan from talking his way into some class changes at the second college he attends?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)