|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis Terman begin doing in the 1920s?
(a) Trying to measure resistance to intelligence.
(b) Following the lives of very intelligent children.
(c) Trying to develop a non-biased IQ test.
(d) Trying to raise IQ scores through rigorous training.
2. What is the first half Matthew effect?
(a) When you're on a roll, sometimes you win just because your success intimidates.
(b) If it can't be seen, it can't be talked about and it can't win an Academy award.
(c) A high IQ is required for chess success.
(d) Those who have much will get even more.
3. From what does the title "The Matthew Effect" get its name?
(a) A young man who won 6 Olympic gold medals at the games in Finland in 1952.
(b) The book of Matthew in the New Testament.
(c) A movie that was only shown in theaters for a couple weeks.
(d) The name of a chess prodigy who has the highest IQ ever recorded.
4. Where is Harlan?
(a) Near the border of Kentucky and Illinois.
(b) In southwestern Kentucky.
(c) In Western Tennessee.
(d) On the Cumberland Plateau in Kentucky.
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
(c) Test his mettle against other geeks.
(d) Brainstorm with other computer geeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasionally erupts into violence and murder?
2. What is Langan unprepared to do?
3. What is the Memorial Cup?
4. Where does this band get their start playing?
5. What does Gladwell say one has to have to gain success?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)