|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, Harlan, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Langan transfer from his first college?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Montana.
(c) UC Berkeley.
(d) Oklahoma State University.
2. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
(a) Unlimited time on the computer.
(b) Codes for using all the available programs.
(c) Codes for the university's grades.
(d) Codes for the university's class schedules.
3. What are people quick to do in the type of culture Gladwell examines in Kentucky?
(a) Defend their country.
(b) Put away their money.
(c) Defend their land.
(d) Defend their families.
4. What does Langan display at a very young age?
(a) A lack of social skills.
(b) The appearance of being slow.
(c) Average intelligence.
(d) Remarkable intelligence.
5. What does Gladwell address before he finishes the story about Chris Langan?
(a) The family of geniuses from which Langan comes.
(b) The subject of IQ.
(c) The school system in which Langan grows up.
(d) The idea of IQ having very litte accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langan once make an appearance that Gladwell mentions?
2. Where do Cohen and Nisbett conduct an experiment?
3. In what year does Joy start college?
4. How does Terman find appropriate subjects for his research?
5. What is the first half Matthew effect?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)