|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college does Joy attend?
(a) UC Berkeley.
(c) University of Michigan.
2. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(b) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
3. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) College is not valued at that time.
(b) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(c) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(d) The supply of students is relatively low.
4. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) Gladwell does not say.
(b) Share it.
(c) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(d) Keep it.
5. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) From being Hispanic.
(b) From being Irish.
(c) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(d) From being Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
2. What company does Joy co-found?
3. What is a proxy war?
4. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
5. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)