|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) He is born in a time when there is a high birth rate in the United States.
(b) He is born in a time when there is a low birth rate in the United States.
(c) He is born in a time when the laws are favorable for Jewish people in the United States.
(d) He is born in a time when law is not a popular field in the United States.
2. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
(a) They enjoy figuring out how to keep it just legal.
(b) They like the excitement of it.
(c) They are able to save the companies a great deal of money.
(d) They are excluded from taking more respectable work.
3. When is Joe Flom born?
4. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(d) Washington, D. C.
5. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(b) To keep from starving.
(c) To keep their bodies from overwork.
(d) To conserve energy and to eat less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
2. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
3. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
4. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
5. How are these proxy wars characterized?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)