|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Joe Flom born?
2. In what year does Joy start college?
3. When does this band seem to come out of nowhere to rocket to stardom?
(b) Late 1950s.
4. Who are the Borgenichts?
(a) A group who eschew luxury.
(b) A family of vintners in New York.
(c) A family of lawyers from New England.
(d) A family in the garment industry in New York.
5. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) The supply of students is relatively low.
(b) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(c) College is not valued at that time.
(d) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
2. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
3. Where does this band get their start playing?
4. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
5. What does Gladwell say Asian cultures value?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)