|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Gladwell say he hopes his readers are skeptical?
(a) Typical rags-to-riches stories.
(b) Typical people.
(c) Gladwell's statistics.
(d) The need for success.
2. What company does Joy co-found?
(d) Sun Microsystems.
3. What is a proxy war?
(a) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(b) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(c) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(d) When two companies war over the same contract.
4. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(a) CEO of a trade corporation.
(b) CEO of a technological corporation.
5. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(b) Keep it.
(c) Share it.
(d) Gladwell does not say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the computer center where Joy goes to college like at that time?
2. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
4. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)