|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Flom and his colleagues take on proxy wars?
(a) They like the excitement of it.
(b) They are excluded from taking more respectable work.
(c) They enjoy figuring out how to keep it just legal.
(d) They are able to save the companies a great deal of money.
2. What do farmers of the Middle Ages do in the summer in Europe?
(a) They work on making the earth better for planting.
(b) They are mostly idle.
(c) They do the sewing and mending.
(d) They separate seeds and set out starter pots.
3. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) By hand.
(b) With two special machines.
(c) It depends on the species of rice.
(d) With one machine.
4. How many hours does one have to practice something to become an expert?
(a) It depends upon how complex the task is.
5. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(a) CEO of a trade corporation.
(d) CEO of a technological corporation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what heritage is Joe Flom?
2. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
3. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
4. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
5. When is Joe Flom born?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)