|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
(a) Steve Jobs.
(b) Paul Allen.
(c) Bill Joy.
(d) He founds it by himself.
2. What firms are run by Christian men who live in the suburbs?
(a) White shoe law firms.
(b) Black tie law firms.
(c) Black shoe law firms.
(d) White shirt law firms.
3. Where does Joe Flom grow up?
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(a) Rice paddies.
5. Why do farmers in Europe in the Middle Ages go into a sort of hibernation state?
(a) To conserve energy and to eat less.
(b) To rest for the hard work in the Spring.
(c) To keep from starving.
(d) To keep their bodies from overwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
2. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
3. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
4. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
5. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)