|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(b) The supply of students is relatively low.
(c) College is not valued at that time.
(d) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
2. How are these proxy wars characterized?
(a) Hostile and messy.
(c) Borderline illegal.
3. What is the single most important reason for the success of a group of musicians Ericcson studies?
(a) Innate ability.
(c) Exposure at an early age.
(d) Parental support.
4. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(b) From being Hispanic.
(c) From being Jewish.
(d) From being Irish.
5. What does Gladwell say Asian cultures value?
(a) Finding one's own niche in society.
(c) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Joy co-found?
2. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
3. What do farmers of the Middle Ages do in the summer in Europe?
4. Who is Anders Ericcson?
5. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)