|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
2. What is one type of work Joe Flom does when he is just out of college?
(a) Working with indigent patients at a public hospital.
(b) Whatever he is told to do.
(c) A take over of a public company.
(d) Buying and selling goods at trade shows.
3. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(b) Rice paddies.
4. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) College is not valued at that time.
(b) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(c) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(d) The supply of students is relatively low.
5. How are these proxy wars characterized?
(b) Borderline illegal.
(c) Hostile and messy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this band get their start playing?
2. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
3. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
4. From what are of the world are the highest-scoring students in the field of math?
5. Who is Bill Joy?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)