|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) High birth rates.
(b) Luck of the Draw.
(c) Demographic luck.
(d) Litigious distribution.
2. Where does this band get their start playing?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Birmingham, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
3. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(b) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
(c) When two companies war over the same contract.
(d) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
4. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
(a) Doctors and lawyers.
(d) Artists in various areas.
5. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(b) Just in the summer.
(c) Two or three times a month.
(d) Just in the Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do farmers of the Middle Ages do in the summer in Europe?
2. What computer language does Joy help create?
3. How are these proxy wars characterized?
4. What is one way in which Flom's life is affected by the second lesson of Joe Flom?
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)