|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 0 percent.
2. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
(a) It depends on the species of rice.
(b) With one machine.
(c) With two special machines.
(d) By hand.
3. What is a proxy war?
(a) When two companies war over the same contract.
(b) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(c) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(d) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
4. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(b) From being Irish.
(c) From being Hispanic.
(d) From being Jewish.
5. What can Chinese farmers do if they produce more than the taxed amount?
(a) They are only allowed to produce a certain amount.
(b) Gladwell does not say.
(c) Share it.
(d) Keep it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
2. What does a feudal lord take from his farmers?
3. What do the Borgenichts have that is in demand in the United States?
4. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
5. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)