|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what heritage is Joe Flom?
2. How often does the rice farmer have to tend to the rice paddies?
(a) Just in the Spring.
(b) Just in the summer.
(d) Two or three times a month.
3. Gladwell says the Borgenichts are successful but never what?
4. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) It is fixed.
(b) The weather.
(c) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(d) Any wars going on.
5. What is a proxy war?
(a) When some people vote in proxy to remove key executives.
(b) When two companies appoint proxies to infiltrate the other company.
(c) When two companies war over the same contract.
(d) When shareholders in the company vote and replace the board of directors with people who will agree to the company being acquired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Borgenichts?
2. How many of the musicians make it to the highest level of musicianship through talent alone?
3. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
4. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
5. What does Joy do almost day in and day out at college?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)