|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
(a) From being Jewish.
(b) From being Hispanic.
(c) Because he did not make good grades in college.
(d) From being Irish.
2. What is Joe Flom's occupation?
(b) CEO of a trade corporation.
(d) CEO of a technological corporation.
3. Who is Anders Ericcson?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A statistician.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A psychologist.
4. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
(a) The opportunity to study the results of his coding.
(b) The opportunity to spend 10,000 hours on programming.
(c) The opportunity to spend 1,000 hours on programming.
(d) The opportunity to spend 15,000 hours on programming.
5. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Access only via the mainframe.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access via the telephone.
(d) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic of a rice paddy?
2. With whom does Bill Gates found Microsoft?
3. What college does Joy attend?
4. What does Gladwell say Asian cultures value?
5. How are these proxy wars characterized?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)