|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flom and those of his generation have their pick of good schools?
(a) College is just becoming popular and so colleges are competing to get students.
(b) The supply of students is relatively low.
(c) New universities are arising rapidly in this era.
(d) College is not valued at that time.
2. How are these proxy wars characterized?
(b) Hostile and messy.
(c) Borderline illegal.
3. What band does Gladwell examine in this chapter?
(a) The Doors.
(b) Herman's Hermits.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(b) Access via the telephone.
(c) Loading one application at a time.
(d) Access only via the mainframe.
5. What is the second lesson of Joe Flom?
(a) Demographic luck.
(b) High birth rates.
(c) Litigious distribution.
(d) Luck of the Draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladwell say Asian cultures value?
2. What college does Joy attend?
3. Why does Joe Flom have trouble getting a job after college?
4. What computer language does Joy help create?
5. What does Joy cheat a program to obtain?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)