One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8, Rice Paddies and Math Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What determines the amount of crops taken by the government each year?
(a) The weather.
(b) It is fixed.
(c) It fluctuates depending on how much the government puts out.
(d) Any wars going on.
2. What does the ground have to be like for a successful rice paddy?
(d) Well drained.
3. What do farmers of the Middle Ages do in the summer in Europe?
(a) They work on making the earth better for planting.
(b) They are mostly idle.
(c) They separate seeds and set out starter pots.
(d) They do the sewing and mending.
4. What does access via terminals replace at Joy's college?
(a) Limited access via one computer in the lab.
(b) Loading one application at a time.
(c) Access via the telephone.
(d) Access only via the mainframe.
5. What cultural legacy among Asian peoples does Gladwell discuss?
(a) Rice paddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Borgenichts?
2. How are rice plants weeded and harvested?
3. What opportunity does Joy have that few students had at that time?
4. What do many of the children of the Borgenichts family and those like them become?
5. What does Gladwell say Asian cultures value?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)