1. What does Gladwell say Roseto, Pennsylvania is an example of?
(a) A failure in public welfare.
(b) A place with above average numbers of high achievers.
(c) A progressive town.
(d) An outlier.
2. What time period is the first example of an outlier from?
(a) The first decade of the 21st century.
(b) The last decade of the 19th century.
(c) The first half of the 20th century.
(d) Mid-to late 20th century.
3. What group of people founded Roseto, Pennsylvania?
(a) Irish immigrants.
(b) German immigrants.
(c) Swedish immigrants.
(d) Italian immigrants.
4. From what town in Europe are most of the early residents of Roseto, Pennsylvania?
5. What is the main business of Roseto in the early years of its founding?
(a) Slate quarry.
6. What do the residents of Roseto reconstruct?
(a) An American version of their Italian homeland.
(b) An experiment in liberality.
(c) An American version of the structure of European society.
(d) An experiment in moving from a lower to middle class.
This section contains 5,027 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)