|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Jamie to fight left-handed?
(a) Jamie's father.
(b) Colum Mackenzie.
(d) Old Alec.
2. What injures Father Bain in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) A fall from a horse.
(c) A wild boar.
3. Who is Reverend Wakefield's housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Crook.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
(c) Mr. Randall.
(d) Mr. Beauchamp.
4. What is the first medical procedure that Claire performs in her new surroundings?
(a) Curing a bacterial infection.
(b) Pushing a man's arm back into the shoulder socket.
(c) Stitching up a musket wound.
(d) Removing an appendix.
5. What gift does Colum Mackenzie give Claire in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A quill.
(c) A rosary.
(d) Linen sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. After marrying Jamie, what is Claire's relation to Colum Mackenzie?
2. According to Jamie, who killed the sergeant-major and blamed it on him?
3. What caused the immense scarring on Jamie's back?
4. What is the main event of Part 3, Chapter 14?
5. Of what clan was Jamie's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 19, to make Peter run away in fright?
2. Why does Jamie immediately ask Colum Mackenzie for his share of the rent?
3. Describe the man Claire first meets when she wakes up in Part 1, Chapter 3.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, why does Jamie cross himself when the plover flies away?
5. According to Geillis, why did Laoghaire leave the bad luck charm under Claire's pillow?
6. How does Jamie prove that Claire is not a witch?
7. Why does Jamie not let Alec see his back?
8. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how does Claire determine what year it is?
9. What causes Claire to break down crying at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
10. Why does Dougal tell Claire the details of Jamie's flogging?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)