|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the witch trial, what does Jamie throw around Claire's neck?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A fishing line.
2. Whose idea is it for Claire to marry Jamie?
(b) Captain Randall.
3. Who dies in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Captain Randall.
(b) Arthur Duncan.
(c) Colum Mackenzie.
(d) Dougal's wife.
4. What is the name of Geillis Duncan's husband?
5. What is the name of the place that Dougal and his band consider home?
(a) Craigh na Dun.
(b) Castle Leoch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the wedding ring that Jamie gives to Claire?
2. What animals do Jamie and Claire run into in Part 3, Chapter 22?
3. What is the first thing Claire eats at her first dinner in Castle Leoch?
4. Who sees Claire watching the water creature in Part 3, Chapter 19?
5. What gift does Claire receive from Munro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the normal events of the Gathering.
2. Why does Jamie sleep in the hall in front of Claire's door in Part 3, Chapter 12?
3. By the end of Part 3, Chapter 16, what has Jamie deduced about Claire's origins?
4. Why does Geillis Duncan tell Claire not to help the abandoned baby?
5. Describe the wedding ring that Jamie gives Claire.
6. What causes Claire to break down crying at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
7. What unexpected event happens while Claire and Jamie are making love in the woods in Part 3, Chapter 20?
8. As Jenny tells Jamie, why did Captain Randall not rape her when he had the chance?
9. Why does Geordie die?
10. Why does Dougal tell Claire the details of Jamie's flogging?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)