|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Jamie receive from the Mackenzie rents per quarter?
(a) A hundred pounds.
(b) Five crowns.
(c) Thirty shillings.
(d) Twenty pounds.
2. What is the name of Colum Mackenzie's solicitor?
(b) Ned Gowan.
(c) Martin Lothaire.
(d) Lewis McConnell.
3. When Claire is observing Jamie in Part 3, Chapter 15, to what biblical character does she liken him?
4. Who is the laird of Castle Leoch?
(a) Colum Mackenzie.
5. Where do Frank and Claire go to observe the Scottish women's ancient rituals?
(a) The pub.
(b) Castle Leoch.
(c) Craigh na Dun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Claire find in the surgery?
2. What is the name of Colum Mackenzie's son?
3. What is the last name that Claire uses in her new life in the eighteenth century?
4. Where is Claire at the opening of Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. What gift does Colum Mackenzie give Claire in Part 4, Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected event happens while Claire and Jamie are making love in the woods in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. What causes Claire to break down crying at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. As Claire reveals to Jamie, how did she know Arthur Duncan's immediate cause of death?
4. Describe the Scottish women's early morning ritual on the hill, as Claire observes it in Part 1, Chapter 2.
5. Why does Jamie sleep in the hall in front of Claire's door in Part 3, Chapter 12?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how does Claire determine what year it is?
7. Who are the men who attack Dougal's group in Part 3, Chapter 18, and why do they attack the group?
8. Why does Jamie immediately ask Colum Mackenzie for his share of the rent?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Jamie do after Dougal finishes making each speech in the various villages?
10. Why does Dougal tell Claire the details of Jamie's flogging?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)