|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Captain Randall hits Claire in the stomach, what does she drink in Part 3, Chapter 13, to help steady her nerves?
2. What is Jamie's cousin, Alexander Fraser, by way of profession?
(a) A physician.
(b) A professor.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An abbot.
3. What injures Father Bain in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A fall from a horse.
(d) A pack of dogs.
4. Who is the laird of Castle Leoch?
(b) Colum Mackenzie.
5. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, which character leaves the supper table in a rage?
(a) Old Alec.
(d) Colum Mackenzie.
6. What does Jamie normally have in his hand while he is sleeping?
(a) A dirk.
(b) His father's wedding ring.
(c) A gun.
(d) A rosary.
7. What disease does Colum Mackenzie have?
(c) Toulouse-Lautrec syndrome.
8. Whose idea is it for Claire to marry Jamie?
(d) Captain Randall.
9. What does Claire call the surgery in which she works?
(a) Magic House.
(b) The ER.
(c) The Skulkery.
(d) The Arboretum.
10. What date does Claire see carved into the doorframe at the inn where she is staying in Part 3, Chapter 11?
11. According to the story he tells to Claire, what did Jamie eat one winter when he was starving?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Poisonous mushrooms.
12. To what gem does Claire compare Jamie's eyes in Part 3, Chapter 16?
13. What gift does Claire receive from Munro?
(a) A stationery set.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A knife.
(d) A piece of amber.
14. Who made the wedding ring that Jamie gives to Claire?
(c) Old Alec.
(d) Ewen the armorer.
15. What does the Watch do?
(a) Confiscates the villagers' weapons.
(b) Keeps the peace.
(c) Makes sure there are no forest fires.
(d) Guards the cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Claire live after the age of five?
2. What does "Broch Tuarach" mean?
3. What is the name of Colum's bard?
4. Which book does Claire find in the surgery?
5. Where does Dougal's group camp in Part 3, Chapter 19?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)