|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 24, Claire reveals to Jamie that she is how old?
2. Who taught Jamie to fight left-handed?
(b) Jamie's father.
(c) Colum Mackenzie.
(d) Old Alec.
3. What caused the immense scarring on Jamie's back?
(a) A flogging.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A shotgun.
4. In the opening paragraphs of Part 1, Chapter 5, who awakens Claire?
(b) Jonathan Randall.
(c) Mistress FitzGibbons.
5. What does "mo duinne" mean?
(a) "My wife."
(b) "My brown one."
(d) "My blond-haired girl."
6. Which book does Claire find in the surgery?
(a) McDonald's Guide to Hospital Maintenance.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) The Physician's Guide and Handbook.
7. What animals do Jamie and Claire run into in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(c) Feral pigs.
8. What is the name of the character with whom Claire shares a horse in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(d) Jonathan Randall.
9. What is the name of the mute character with whom Jamie has a conversation in Part 3, Chapter 17?
10. What is the name of Geillis Duncan's husband?
11. Who sees Claire watching the water creature in Part 3, Chapter 19?
12. Who made the wedding ring that Jamie gives to Claire?
(a) Old Alec.
(b) Ewen the armorer.
13. What type of weapon does Rupert teach Claire to use in Part 3, Chapter 18?
14. When Claire is observing Jamie in Part 3, Chapter 15, to what biblical character does she liken him?
15. In Part 3, Chapter 18, who amuses the group by telling stories of waterhorses?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is this novel set?
2. What gift does Claire receive from Munro?
3. Where does Dougal's group camp in Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. According to Jamie, who killed the sergeant-major and blamed it on him?
5. What is Claire's middle name?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)