|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Arthur Duncan.
(b) Dougal's wife.
(c) Colum Mackenzie.
(d) Captain Randall.
2. During the witch trial, what does Jamie throw around Claire's neck?
(a) A fishing line.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A lasso.
(d) A rosary.
3. With what offense is the tanner's lad charged in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Criminal mischief.
4. What language does Jamie speak to Claire in order to comfort her at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the character with whom Claire shares a horse in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(c) Jonathan Randall.
6. What instrument is used at a witch trial to determine whether a witch can feel pain?
(a) A witch-pricker.
(b) A soldering iron.
(c) A whip.
(d) A dirk.
7. Who sees Claire watching the water creature in Part 3, Chapter 19?
8. Who reads Claire's fortune?
(a) Reverend Wakefield.
(c) Mrs. Graham.
(d) Mr. Crook.
9. In what country is this novel set?
(d) The United States.
10. Who is the proprietor and housekeeper of the inn where Claire and Frank are staying?
(a) Mrs. Fitz.
(b) Mr. Bainbridge.
(c) Jonathan Randall.
(d) Mrs. Baird.
11. Who is Jamie's coworker in tending the horses?
(b) Young Alec.
(c) Old Alec.
12. What horse do Jamie and Claire take when they leave Castle Leoch?
13. How many children do Jenny and her husband have, including the one who is as yet unborn?
14. What is the first thing Claire eats at her first dinner in Castle Leoch?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Bread pudding.
15. In Part 3, Chapter 18, who amuses the group by telling stories of waterhorses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fearsome stallion that is too wild to be ridden?
2. What does Claire call the surgery in which she works?
3. How much money does Jamie receive from the Mackenzie rents per quarter?
4. According to the story he tells to Claire, what did Jamie eat one winter when he was starving?
5. What type of dog is Bran?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)